In 2006, Idiocracy predicted the future. The only problem? It did too good of a job.

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
I find this movie non-partisan and funnier than hell~

In 2006, Idiocracy predicted the future.
The only problem? It did too good of a job.
Mike Judge’s science fiction satire imagined what the United States might look like in the year 2505. From his perspective, that meant:

• A population made stupid by advertising
  • A brash president who used to be a wrestler
  • Crocs dominating the footwear landscape
Society seems doomed until a 21st-century everyman (Luke Wilson) gets frozen by the military and wakes up 500 years later, making him the smartest person in America and the only man who can save it.
Beset by a low budget and little-to-no-advertising support from 20th Century Fox, Idiocracy almost didn’t happen at all. The fact that it exists is a miracle. The fact that it managed to accurately predict the future is just a bonus, though Judge loves to downplay his prescience.
"I'm no prophet, I was off by 490 years,” Judge told Time in 2016, just months before a one-time WWE contender won the U.S. presidency. (Believe it or not, the original script didn’t even include Terry Crews’ iconic President Camacho, but more on that further down.)

I find this movie non-partisan and funnier than hell~

In 2006, Idiocracy predicted the future.
The only problem? It did too good of a job.
Mike Judge’s science fiction satire imagined what the United States might look like in the year 2505. From his perspective, that meant:

• A population made stupid by advertising
  • A brash president who used to be a wrestler
  • Crocs dominating the footwear landscape
Society seems doomed until a 21st-century everyman (Luke Wilson) gets frozen by the military and wakes up 500 years later, making him the smartest person in America and the only man who can save it.
Beset by a low budget and little-to-no-advertising support from 20th Century Fox, Idiocracy almost didn’t happen at all. The fact that it exists is a miracle. The fact that it managed to accurately predict the future is just a bonus, though Judge loves to downplay his prescience.
"I'm no prophet, I was off by 490 years,” Judge told Time in 2016, just months before a one-time WWE contender won the U.S. presidency. (Believe it or not, the original script didn’t even include Terry Crews’ iconic President Camacho, but more on that further down.)
That was a great read. . . thanks!

For years and years on this forum, every time I wanted this clip, for some reason, YouTube had it banned, and I had to go to daily-motion.

Forum List

Back