The Bible does not condone slavery

I pity those who say ridiculous things like that.
The dude said he lives to be god's slave. A god that he repeatedly was unable to prove. Sounds lame to me.:cool:
That's probably because your iq is less than 100.
No, it's because your arguments are totally lame.
Because you are too stupid to understand them.
They aren't backed up by science and you know it. Back up your stuff with proper links to proper science about your point. You seem incapable of that simple task, probably because you've searched and found nothing. That's why you're a clown.
What are you yammering about? You want me to scientifically prove the Bible does not condone slavery? What are you a moron?

The dude said he lives to be god's slave. A god that he repeatedly was unable to prove. Sounds lame to me.:cool:
They aren't backed up by science and you know it. Back up your stuff with proper links to proper science about your point. You seem incapable of that simple task, probably because you've searched and found nothing. That's why you're a clown.
What are you yammering about? You want me to scientifically prove the Bible does not condone slavery? What are you a moron?
You're a slave to god, you admitted as much yourself. So the bible DOES condone slavery.

You're a slave to god, you admitted as much yourself. So the bible DOES condone slavery.
You are back on track. That's good. I thought we lost you there.

Yes, men of goodwill are slaves to God, so you have nothing to worry about there but they have to choose it which means they aren't really slaves. So the way YOU mean it doesn't exist. Now do you understand?

Yes, men of goodwill are slaves to God, so you have nothing to worry about there but they have to choose it which means they aren't really slaves. So the way YOU mean it doesn't exist. Now do you understand?
Choosing to be a slave still makes you a slave. But you have to move the goalposts away from one definition of slave. I understand. :eusa_doh:

Choosing to be a slave still makes you a slave. But you have to move the goalposts away from one definition of slave. I understand. :eusa_doh:
It sets me free. You are the slave. What you think is important isn't. Which is probably why you come to a religious forum. You know something is missing.

It sets me free. You are the slave. What you think is important isn't. Which is probably why you come to a religious forum. You know something is missing.
What am I a slave to? :popcorn:

Only you know. My best guess is your ego.

So you have nothing. So why make such a dumb statement?

I have everything. I have so much that right now there's a guy walking around with nothing. You.

I have everything. I have so much that right now there's a guy walking around with nothing. You.
:lol: You diss like a little girl. :lol:

I heard you are an expert on dissing like a little girl.

1. The Bible did not condone slavery.
2. Slavery during this time was indentured servitude. People sold themselves as slaves when they could not pay their debts or provide for their families.
3. Both the OT and NT expressly forbid forced slavery. The penalty for such a crime in the Mosaic Law was death: “Anyone who kidnaps another and either sells him or still has him when he is caught must be put to death” (Exodus 21:16)
4. Indentured servants were treated pretty bad back in those days. Mosaic Law measurably raised the standards of treatment heads and shoulders above their contemporaries of the day.

As usual- you are an idiot.

God told the Jews in the Old Testament to kill the non-believers, except virgin girls- and take them as slaves.

Yes- that is forced slavery.

And Paul told slaves that they must obey their masters.

Yes- the Bible condoned slavery.

Which is why 'good' Christians used the Bible to defend the institution of slavery for hundreds of years.

I heard you are an expert on dissing like a little girl.
From whom?

2. Slavery during this time was indentured servitude. People sold themselves as slaves when they could not pay their debts or provide for their families.
3. Both the OT and NT expressly forbid forced slavery. The penalty for such a crime in the Mosaic Law was death: “Anyone who kidnaps another and either sells him or still has him when he is caught must be put to death” (Exodus 21:16)
4. Indentured servants were treated pretty bad back in those days. Mosaic Law measurably raised the standards of treatment heads and shoulders above their contemporaries of the day.
Since there is so much confusion on this issue (or you wouldn't have had to post what you did), and I bet you OPPOSE slavery (I admire you for that), can you agree with me that if you were in Jesus' shoes that you would have taken a mere 15 seconds out of his 33 years to say this: "write this down: end slavery w/in the next 30 years"?

Can you answer "yes" to that question, ding? I can, because Scientific Humanists seem to be driven to make decision by this criteria: "what's best for the world?"....and if you (Jesus) had said that then that would of course have been what's best for the world.

Join me in caring for humanity enough to answer "yes", ding....I believe in you, I have faith in you, and I love you.

God told the Jews in the Old Testament to kill the non-believers, except virgin girls- and take them as slaves.

Yes, forced sexual slavery, unfortunately.

There is a better, more loving, more compassionate way, folks.
I'm glad as a Scientific Humanist I don't have to try to defend a book that seems to support slavery (or at least doesn't just say "end slavery w/in the next 30 years".) An all-knowing god would of course know that....or should we ALLOW slavery, today?

If you love as much as Scientific Humanists do, then you'll have a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to giving your children a book (that you endorse) that seems to approve of slavery. Love your children THIS much - you can do it! Don't risk being a bad parent - instead, always err on the side of love and compassion. Or at least tell your children: "the Bible got 'love your neighbor' RIGHT, but got slavery WRONG."

I'm glad as a Scientific Humanist I don't have to try to defend a book that seems to support slavery (or at least doesn't just say "end slavery w/in the next 30 years".) An all-knowing god would of course know that....or should we ALLOW slavery, today?

If you love as much as Scientific Humanists do, then you'll have a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to giving your children a book (that you endorse) that seems to approve of slavery. Love your children THIS much - you can do it! Don't risk being a bad parent - instead, always err on the side of love and compassion. Or at least tell your children: "the Bible got 'love your neighbor' RIGHT, but got slavery WRONG."

Is there really very much difference between being an indentured servant, a consensual slave, and being an employee?

Is there really very much difference between being an indentured servant, a consensual slave, and being an employee?
Great - so that's good news as that would mean that I can now BEAT my employees to DEATH - as long as their death drags out past a day or two, per the Bible (that Jesus never corrected). I can think of one employee who I will now beat to death (but I need to only beat him enough so that his death drags out long enough for god to approve, per the Bible, I guess, eh?)
It says you can beat both male and female slaves with a rod so hard that as long as they don’t die right away you are cleared of any wrong doing:

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.
(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

PS If Christians don't think that this verse "applies", then don't bring this verse forward the next time you give your impressionable young children a book that you endorse as the foundation of your whole religion/ethics/belief.

Have a great weekend.

Great - so that's good news as that would mean that I can now BEAT my employees to DEATH - as long as their death drags out past a day or two, per the Bible (that Jesus never corrected). I can think of one employee who I will now beat to death (but I need to only beat him enough so that his death drags out long enough for god to approve, per the Bible, I guess, eh?)
It says you can beat both male and female slaves with a rod so hard that as long as they don’t die right away you are cleared of any wrong doing:

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.
(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

PS If Christians don't think that this verse "applies", then don't bring this verse forward the next time you give your impressionable young children a book that you endorse as the foundation of your whole religion/ethics/belief.

Have a great weekend.

You haven't seemed to notice that modern means of subjugation are far more sophisticated while not being any less brutal.

can you even calculate how many people compromise their own values and the evil consequently perpetuated by those who settle for the modern equivalent of thirty pieces of silver, a slaves wage?

Last edited:
May favorite part of the Bible is how Moses fought to free the Jews from slavery

Then, when the Ten Commandments came out, God did not even include slavery.......had to put in about coveting.

Moses was a sucker

I'm afraid that you are a slave to your thanatophibia, mi amigo.

Forum List

Back