The best thing libertarians can do right now is support Republicans

No, the Republican haven't done anything to merit support. I'm not even going to try. But:

Democrats are

- No longer just a lesser evil. They are actual evil. They have taken race whoring to epic proportions. Race relations have done nothing but go down and it's been a clear Democrat strategy to accomplish that to get blacks to the polls to vote blue. That while they ramp up the electronic lynching of any black who tries not to be a Democrat to send a message to the rest of the blacks what will happen to them if they do the same

- Pushing the green new deal to get Marxism. The reality is we aren't technologically advanced enough yet to get off fossil fuels. Yet they want to spend trillions. And it's just a shallow marketing cover for Marxism. They are seriously pushing things like minimum income as "green"

- Turning our inner cities into violent turf. You can't even walk the streets anymore. Note too how even though there are NO Republicans involved in these inner city issues, Democrats try to use their own failures to draw votes

- Are just pushing endless Marxism, and for real. Not like the old days where they just ran as Marxists. They want single payer and government control over energy, financial services just to start

That while the Libertarian Party is now just a gag party

- Bob Barr, Gary Johnson and Gary Johnson? Three candidates in a row that weren't even libertarian

- Finally in 2020, we got Jo Jorgensen who is at least libertarian, but the Libertarian Party again had to prove it's just a gag party by picking Spike Cohen, the anarchist running mate of Vermin, a performance artist who wears a shoe as a hat and isn't even libertarian. The party can't be taken seriously at this point

I argued since circa 1990 thirty years ago that it really didn't matter if you didn't listen to the words and just looked at what they actually did. Now it matters. Not because the Republican have gotten any better, they haven't. But the Democrats have gone off the deep end. No more sticking our heads in the sand and pretending the parties are the same, they are not. And Democrats are to a point like despots and dictators that the have to be stopped.

Frankly if you can't vote Republican, at least vote for another third party until the Libertarian Party pulls its head out of its ass. Gone were the days of Harry Browne where we could vote for an actual libertarian. Badnarik wasn't bad either. But since then, it's sad

What is a Libertarian?

Do they (libertarians) agree that a child's Constitutional rights should begin when their life does?

A "Libertarian" is a member of the Libertarian Party. I'm a libertarian. Meaning I support the ideology and not specifically the party. Though I have voted for the party four times for President.

More libertarians are pro-choice than pro-life, but there are libertarians on both sides of the issue
Do
Libertarians
Agree
That
A
Child's
Constitutional
Rights
Should
Begin
When
Their
Life
Does?
There are people on both sides of the issue....I came around to the full throated pro life side when Project Veritas demonstrated to me that the abortionists are complete heartless ghouls, who look upon fetuses with no more regard than the auto parts yard looks at old junkers....IOW. I was persuaded through compelling evidence.

Therefore, I strongly suggest that you folks the pro life movement put as much effort and energy in the direction of persuasion of fence sitters like me, as you do into the obstinate piety for which y'all are renowned.

Last edited:
No, the Republican haven't done anything to merit support. I'm not even going to try. But:

Democrats are

- No longer just a lesser evil. They are actual evil. They have taken race whoring to epic proportions. Race relations have done nothing but go down and it's been a clear Democrat strategy to accomplish that to get blacks to the polls to vote blue. That while they ramp up the electronic lynching of any black who tries not to be a Democrat to send a message to the rest of the blacks what will happen to them if they do the same

- Pushing the green new deal to get Marxism. The reality is we aren't technologically advanced enough yet to get off fossil fuels. Yet they want to spend trillions. And it's just a shallow marketing cover for Marxism. They are seriously pushing things like minimum income as "green"

- Turning our inner cities into violent turf. You can't even walk the streets anymore. Note too how even though there are NO Republicans involved in these inner city issues, Democrats try to use their own failures to draw votes

- Are just pushing endless Marxism, and for real. Not like the old days where they just ran as Marxists. They want single payer and government control over energy, financial services just to start

- Bob Barr, Gary Johnson and Gary Johnson? Three candidates in a row that weren't even libertarian

- Finally in 2020, we got Jo Jorgensen who is at least libertarian, but the Libertarian Party again had to prove it's just a gag party by picking Spike Cohen, the anarchist running mate of Vermin, a performance artist who wears a shoe as a hat and isn't even libertarian. The party can't be taken seriously at this point

I argued since circa 1990 thirty years ago that it really didn't matter if you didn't listen to the words and just looked at what they actually did. Now it matters. Not because the Republican have gotten any better, they haven't. But the Democrats have gone off the deep end. No more sticking our heads in the sand and pretending the parties are the same, they are not. And Democrats are to a point like despots and dictators that the have to be stopped.

Frankly if you can't vote Republican, at least vote for another third party until the Libertarian Party pulls its head out of its ass. Gone were the days of Harry Browne where we could vote for an actual libertarian. Badnarik wasn't bad either. But since then, it's sad

Hell. No. Trump is the polar opposite of libertarian.
Yea but libertarians will vote for trump don’t worry. Libertarians are just cons who’ve been let down by republicans too much to say they are republicans.
People who call themselves libertarians, yet vote Republican aren't libertarians - big L or otherwise, they're just Republicans who don't want to admit they're Republicans.

LO2E is fraud.
Voting for ANYONE other than Trump is playing Russian Roulette with our nation. Your personal values won't save you from a radical take over of our nation.
Biden is a moderate not a radical

He will return us to normalcy
Biden has dementia...he isn’t going to be running anything.

Democrats are

What is a Libertarian?

Do they (libertarians) agree that a child's Constitutional rights should begin when their life does?

A "Libertarian" is a member of the Libertarian Party. I'm a libertarian. Meaning I support the ideology and not specifically the party. Though I have voted for the party four times for President.

More libertarians are pro-choice than pro-life, but there are libertarians on both sides of the issue
Do
Libertarians
Agree
That
A
Child's
Constitutional
Rights
Should
Begin
When
Their
Life
Does?

You're going to have to help me with what you're looking for because I thought I directly answered your question. There is no universal libertarian position on abortion. The majority of libertarians are pro-choice, but many are pro-life. What is it you're looking for beyond that?

My question did not mention abortion.

They always do

Nope.

It is a more fundamental question than just that.

Democrats are

Yea but libertarians will vote for trump don’t worry. Libertarians are just cons who’ve been let down by republicans too much to say they are republicans.
People who call themselves libertarians, yet vote Republican aren't libertarians - big L or otherwise, they're just Republicans who don't want to admit they're Republicans.

LO2E is fraud.
Voting for ANYONE other than Trump is playing Russian Roulette with our nation. Your personal values won't save you from a radical take over of our nation.

Biden is a fucking sock puppet at this point...His handlers and puppet masters are radical Marxists.

Democrats are

Spot on assessment of the LP...I left entirely after they completely lost their minds in the post-Browne era.

But I can't possibly bring myself to shift back to the statist side of things to support republicans....Being a lesser evil still means that they're evil.

I voted Republican once after 1988, so I feel you. But Democrats now are trying to bring about the complete collapse of our society. Destroying our economy, paying people specifically more to not work than work. And turning our cities into crime ridden war zones. I lived in New York City many years and it's distressing what I'm hearing about daily life there. You have to go somewhere, you high tail it and keep a low profile and pray. I loved New York. It's awful to hear what it's become. And that's happening across the country.

Being not that is way more than just being the the lesser of two evils

Democrats are

What is a Libertarian?

Do
Libertarians
Agree
That
A
Child's
Constitutional
Rights
Should
Begin
When
Their
Life
Does?
There are people on both sides of the issue....I came around to the full throated pro life side when Project Veritas demonstrated to me that the abortionists are complete heartless ghouls, who look upon fetuses with no more regard than the auto parts yard looks at old junkers....IOW. I was persuaded through compelling evidence.

Therefore, I strongly suggest that you folks the pro life movement put as much effort and energy in the direction of persuasion of fence sitters like me, as you do into the obstinate piety fro which y'all are renowned.

Can I get you to consider/ contemplate the differences between a "pro lifer" and someone (like me) who opposes abortions for reasons other than those typically given by "pro lifers?"

I too was compelled by strong evidence.

Democrats are

imo they should vote a libertarian. As I did in 16. I agree with the libertarians on social issues, but less so on economic … though I favor some form of budget balanced requirement. But I don't see with either party brings to the table in this election.

I never found Biden to be offensive. As a moderate dem he's more inclined to address deficts that the gop, which at this point in time has only an ideology that tax cuts spur growth …. which they did, but not to the degree the gop said they would, and they increased the deficit even while Trump spent more more more.

The Democrats want another $3.5 TRILLION in spending, most of it for Marxist ideology. Biden is promising $2 Trillion for green new deal. Most of it for socialist spending. The rest for technology that we aren't capable of yet. You're worried about deficits ... and Trump? You're just lying, that's insane.

And more to the point, my point is about way more than spending. The Democrats are bat shit crazy. We can't walk safely in the streets of Democrat cities anymore and they want to go national with that

Democrats are

Spot on assessment of the LP...I left entirely after they completely lost their minds in the post-Browne era.

But I can't possibly bring myself to shift back to the statist side of things to support republicans....Being a lesser evil still means that they're evil.

I voted Republican once after 1988, so I feel you. But Democrats now are trying to bring about the complete collapse of our society. Destroying our economy, paying people specifically more to not work than work. And turning our cities into crime ridden war zones. I lived in New York City many years and it's distressing what I'm hearing about daily life there. You have to go somewhere, you high tail it and keep a low profile and pray. I loved New York. It's awful to hear what it's become. And that's happening across the country.

Democrats are bringing about the collapse by airliner, while the republicans take Route 66....The totalitarian destination remains the same.

Karen Ann Quinlan is just as dead on life support as off.

Democrats are

LO2E is fraud.

Listen, I don't believe you, but if voting for Trump IS the only way to "save" our nation - then we are already hopelessly fucked.
Listen, if Trump loses we will essentially be on a Waterpark slide ride getting tossed all around as radical policies are implemented by the Biden administration.

Or

Trump wins and we at least slow the Rollercoaster to hell

I think Trump is actually destroying things even faster than Biden will. He's just pushing us off a different cliff. For fuck's sake, look around. They're both bad for the country. Voting for either of them is a betrayal.

Democrats are

What is a Libertarian?

Do
Libertarians
Agree
That
A
Child's
Constitutional
Rights
Should
Begin
When
Their
Life
Does?

Therefore, I strongly suggest that you folks the pro life movement put as much effort and energy in the direction of persuasion of fence sitters like me, as you do into the obstinate piety fro which y'all are renowned.

Can I get you to consider/ contemplate the differences between a "pro lifer" and someone (like me) who opposes abortions for reasons other than those typically given by "pro lifers?"

Sure, but that's very vague. Can you narrow it down more than that? I'll answer your question when I understand what you're asking me

Democrats are

What is a Libertarian?

Do
Libertarians
Agree
That
A
Child's
Constitutional
Rights
Should
Begin
When
Their
Life
Does?

I can ask you to be more flexible in your approach, when it becomes clear that the one you're using doesn't work, no matter which sub-camp you're in, can't I?

Democrats are

Democrats are bringing about the collapse by airliner, while the republicans take Route 66....The totalitarian destination remains the same.

Just say no to LO2E

Democrats are

I agree with that. But at this point I'm just hoping to keep my freedom a couple more decades before I keel over. I consider us doomed. I rue my children and their children's fate, but I can do nothing about that

Democrats are

What is a Libertarian?

Do
Libertarians
Agree
That
A
Child's
Constitutional
Rights
Should
Begin
When
Their
Life
Does?

Sure, but that's very vague. Can you narrow it down more than that? I'll answer your question when I understand what you're asking me
1. It can't be dumbed down any further. Either (a majority of) libertarians agree that a child's rights should begin when their life does or they don't.

Democrats are

I agree with that. But at this point I'm just hoping to keep my freedom a couple more decades before I keel over. I consider us doomed. I rue my children and their children's fate, but I can do nothing about that
And that's your call...More power to you for it.

I've already given up on the notion that I can somehow remain free by exercising a "choice" over who my tyrannical oppressor will be.

Democrats are

What is a Libertarian?

Do
Libertarians
Agree
That
A
Child's
Constitutional
Rights
Should
Begin
When
Their
Life
Does?

I can ask you to be more flexible in your approach, when it becomes clear that the one you're using doesn't work, no matter which sub-camp you're in, can't I?

You said that YOU were compelled by the facts and evidence.

Why then do you think it is unreasonable for me to expect others to be compelled by the same?

Democrats are

What is a Libertarian?

Do
Libertarians
Agree
That
A
Child's
Constitutional
Rights
Should
Begin
When
Their
Life
Does?

You're going to have to help me with what you're looking for because I thought I directly answered your question. There is no universal libertarian position on abortion. The majority of libertarians are pro-choice, but many are pro-life. What is it you're looking for beyond that?

OK, I'll tell you this one more time. I do not understand what you are asking me. Please make the question clear. Don't tell me what you're not talking about and don't ask me to use my imagination about what you could be talking about. Ask a clear question, I'll give you a straight answer. Do you feel me?

Democrats are

And that's your call...More power to you for it.

I've already given up on the notion that I can somehow remain free by exercising a "choice" over who my tyrannical oppressor will be.
But if you don't, the wrong tyrannical oppressor will get in!

Democrats are

LO2E is fraud.

Biden was a moderate 25 years ago. Now he's whatever his handlers are, and they are radical left

Democrats are

What is a Libertarian?

Do
Libertarians
Agree
That
A
Child's
Constitutional
Rights
Should
Begin
When
Their
Life
Does?

OK, I'll tell you this one more time. I do not understand what you are asking me. Please make the question clear. Don't tell me what you're not talking about and don't ask me to use my imagination about what you could be talking about. Ask a clear question, I'll give you a straight answer. Do you feel me?

Do YOU agree that a child's Constitutional rights should begin when their life does?

Or, do you hold the view that children's rights do not begin until we as a society can not stomach or justify the denial of their rights anymore?

Edit; Are you aware of groups like "Libertarians for Life?d Do you support THOSE groups?

Forum List

Back