Texas House Bill To Make It Legal For Drivers To Mow Down Protesters Blocking Their Path

So who wins in this scenario. Driver decides to run over protestors, protestor takes out a gun and stands his ground and shoots driver. Only in Texas or Florida will this ever happen.
Protester is not allowed to stand his ground in the middle of the fucking road, just like a trespasser has no right.
I am not sure if that is true. If I am standing on or near the road and a car speeds up to hit me, I am within my rights to defend myself.
But if you're standing in the middle of the road in the path of vehicles, you do not have the right to stand your ground. You are blocking traffic. It is illegal in Texas for protesters to block traffic. You do not have the right to stand your ground in the middle of the fucking road.

That is all.
burnt up that strawman.

It's about time for this bill to pass.
Hopefully it will encourage other states to do the same.

Do you honestly think this is going to past constitutional muster? If you think that this law will stand up in the Supreme Court you are even dumber than I thought you were.

Hell, progressives pass sanctuary laws all the time. What's good for the goose....

One of these thing is not like the other.

Sanctioning the murder of protestors is not same thing as allowing people to report crimes without a being arrested on account of immigration matters.

What a Republican dick.
View attachment 359232

Hope he's promptly voted out. But this is Texas, land of the dicks.

The protestors aka thugs/terrorists/extortionists need to be ran over......I think a bounty should be offered to permanently remove these road hazards from our roads. States that don't do
this will continue to have protestors terrorizing drivers.

Last edited:
We'll see what happens about the first time some idiot gets blasted while trying to run over people.

1620716840624.png

Funny how there were no laws passed when these guys got to stand in the middle of a highway. Sure didn't hear any right wing bullshit about that.

We'll see what happens about the first time some idiot gets blasted while trying to run over people.

View attachment 488228

Funny how there were no laws passed when these guys got to stand in the middle of a highway. Sure didn't hear any right wing bullshit about that.
That's different.

• Funny
Reactions: IM2
So who wins in this scenario. Driver decides to run over protestors, protestor takes out a gun and stands his ground and shoots driver. Only in Texas or Florida will this ever happen.
Protester is not allowed to stand his ground in the middle of the fucking road, just like a trespasser has no right.
I am not sure if that is true. If I am standing on or near the road and a car speeds up to hit me, I am within my rights to defend myself.

No, you are engaged in an illegal activity. This has already been adjudicated and the idiot who made your claim is in prison for life.

Do you honestly think this is going to past constitutional muster? If you think that this law will stand up in the Supreme Court you are even dumber than I thought you were.

Hell, progressives pass sanctuary laws all the time. What's good for the goose....

One of these thing is not like the other.

Sanctioning the murder of protestors is not same thing as allowing people to report crimes without a being arrested on account of immigration matters.

It's not sanctioning anything.

What a Republican dick.
View attachment 359232

The protestors aka thugs/terrorists/extortionists need to be ran over......I think a bounty should be offered to permanently remove these road hazards from our roads. States that don't do
this will continue to have protestors terrorizing drivers.

So by your logic, the protestors get to run down the police with no charges. The police are terrorizing protestors, so by your logic, the protestors should be able to run down the police who are terrorizing them.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
It is worth noting that the violence done to people trying to drive around protestors, reveals that the act of standing in the street is a threat of violence, ie "you will stay here, as our prisoner, or we will commit mob violence on you"

AND,

with dems in office arresting people for trying to defend themselves or even, at least once, run away, laws like this should be passed in every state.

But if you're standing in the middle of the road in the path of vehicles, you do not have the right to stand your ground. You are blocking traffic. It is illegal in Texas for protesters to block traffic. You do not have the right to stand your ground in the middle of the fucking road.

That is all.
You may be right. But let us face it, if I am walking in the middle of the street or jay walking one does not have the right to intentionally hit me. Nor for that matter, if I decide to lie down in the middle of the street. That does not mean a Driver who unintentionally hits me is guilty of anything, he is not.

As I understand these laws anyway, no driver has the right to intentionally kill any protestor. The driver has to fear for his life and attempts to flee. Any driver, like the Charlottesville driver who killed Heather Heyer, is still guilty of manslaughter and/or murder, if he rams his car into a group protestors, regardless of these laws.

Last edited:
Won't pass
I agree it won't pass... However I have no problems with the bill. Stupid should never be rewarded.
I don't. I think it has a chance. Obviously a cop can drive to safety, even if it means mowing down a protestor or two, so why shouldn't any citizen be given the same legal ability to stay safe?

If there's a crowd around your vehicle kicking it, climbing on it, pounding on it and actually break one of your windows, are you going to just sit there and let them possibly KILL YOU? You have to be joking. I'm mowing some people down, period. I'm driving to safety. I would not just sit there. Legal or not, I'm otta there.

More to the point, these rioters are animalistic thugs, but they're not lacking a sense of self-preservation. If they know that drivers they threaten can legally drive over them to get to safety, they're going to stop blocking traffic and not put themselves in a position to become speed bumps.

That is all.
You may be right. But let us face it, if I am walking in the middle of the street or jay walking one does not have the right to intentionally hit me. Nor for that matter, if I decide to lie down in the middle of the street. That does not mean a Driver who unintentionally hits me is guilty of anything, he is not.

As I understand these laws anyway, no driver has the right to intentionally kill any protestor. The driver has to fear for his life and attempts to flee. Any driver, like the Charlottesville driver who killed Heather Heyer, is still guilty of manslaughter and/or murder, if he rams his car into a group protestors, regardless of these laws.

Yes, but if you're jaywalking, you're not deliberately trying to stop traffic in order to perpetrate violence on the drivers. Also, if you're jaywalking and someone does hit you because your ass is somewhere it shouldn't be, they aren't held responsible.

And the intention of the law is, as far as I can see, to differentiate between people like the driver in Charlottesville who are not threatened and drive into crowds specifically for the purpose of harming or killing people are not covered.

Dems to file for an injunction in 3..2..1
The bill is about mowing down Americans, so there has to be some decent. It also covers MAGA protestors and pro KKK protestors.

Well, if MAGA protesters and the KKK ever start blocking roads and attacking drivers, they should also be driven over.

And thanks for showing up with your standard deflection from your support of evil and violence, so we could be reminded of what you are.

What a Republican dick.
View attachment 359232

You're right.

Only a dick would present legislation that would seem to legalize murder or bodily injury.

You can also bet that dick is a "Republican".

I'm sure we're all deeply worried about standards of "dickdom" held up by someone who's enough of a dick to apologize for thugs who riot and block traffic in order to threaten and harm drivers.

Show of hands, everyone who's concerned that John might not think you're a nice person? Anyone? Bueller?

Only a dick would present legislation that would legalize murder.

Only a dick would think self defense is murder.
LOL.. yeah, only a "conservative" would think mowing down peaceful protestors in a car is self-defense.

Only a leftist would think people mobbing a car and beating on the windows are "peaceful protesters".

You're still not convincing me that your bad opinion should matter at all.

Texas. Land of trash. Mow done those you don't like. How Jesus!
People who advcate for things like this are not Christians, they are pagans.

Yet another standard of behavior you've tried to impose that I don't give a fuck about.

Hold your breath waiting for anyone to care what you think is "Christian" or not, "Reverend" Dick.

LOL.. yeah, only a "conservative" would think mowing down peaceful protestors in a car is self-defense.

Only a leftist would think people mobbing a car and beating on the windows are "peaceful protesters".

Where did I say “mobbing a car” was peaceful protesting?

Where did I say “mobbing a car” was peaceful protesting?

When you entered a thread about people blocking traffic for hostile reasons and started babbling about them as "peaceful protesters", fool.

Don't even try that leftist "I'm going to defend this, and then pretend I never said it" bullshit with me. It won't fly.

Forum List

Back