Texas House Bill To Make It Legal For Drivers To Mow Down Protesters Blocking Their Path

Only a dick would present legislation that would legalize murder.

You can also bet that dick is a "Republican".
Only a dick would think self defense is murder.
LOL.. yeah, only a "conservative" would think mowing down peaceful protestors in a car is self-defense.

Only a leftist would think people mobbing a car and beating on the windows are "peaceful protesters".

You're still not convincing me that your bad opinion should matter at all.
Where did I say “mobbing a car” was peaceful protesting?

When you entered a thread about people blocking traffic for hostile reasons and started babbling about them as "peaceful protesters", fool.

Don't even try that leftist "I'm going to defend this, and then pretend I never said it" bullshit with me. It won't fly.
LOL.. where in the original OP was the word "hostile" used? Not event the OP's link used the word hostile or hostile protestors. The question was, if [read any] protestors were blocking a road would it soon be legal to"mow down protestors," as the OP put it, and was that a good thing. There was no indication of crowd hostility at all. You are making that up. My subsequent posts were based on the OP and his link. You are therefore incorrect in your above assertion.

Last edited:

LOL.. yeah, only a "conservative" would think mowing down peaceful protestors in a car is self-defense.

Only a leftist would think people mobbing a car and beating on the windows are "peaceful protesters".

When you entered a thread about people blocking traffic for hostile reasons and started babbling about them as "peaceful protesters", fool.

Don't even try that leftist "I'm going to defend this, and then pretend I never said it" bullshit with me. It won't fly.
LOL.. where in the original OP was the word "hostile" used? Not event the OP's link used the word hostile or hostile protestors. The question was, if [read any] protestors were blocking a road would it soon be legal to"mow down protestors," as the OP put it, and was that a good thing. There was no indication of crowd hostility at all. You are making that up. My subsequent posts were based on the OP and his link. You are therefore incorrect in your above assertion.

When a mob blocks a road, they are trapping people in place, against their will, with the threat of violence, backed up by government force.

That is not peaceful. That is, at the very least, a threat of violence and holding someone against their will.

Have you really not seen ANY of the thousands of videos floating around the internet showing the mob violence that happens if some poor person tries to get around these "peaceful protestors"?

We'll see what happens about the first time some idiot gets blasted while trying to run over people.

View attachment 488228

Funny how there were no laws passed when these guys got to stand in the middle of a highway. Sure didn't hear any right wing bullshit about that.
What was that?

It has always (or for a very long time) been the law in Texas that protesters cannot block traffic. Whoever that is in your picture is breaking the law.

And, it is legal to carry firearms in a vehicle in Texas, so I am not sure who stands to survive such an encounter, but I would rather be in my car with a gun than standing in the road with one.

Hope it passes. Hope other states follow suit. If cops can do it, then citizens should be allowed to as well.

If you believe your life is in danger, you ought to be able to just drive to safety, and if that means mowing down a few ASININE LEFTIST PROTESTERS, well then that's just icing on the cake.

Legalise this:

Why do the French have all the fun... I will tell you, if they knew he was a terrorist he would fear for safety...

So your excuse for mowing down people is I felt scared... Just back over them afterwards...

I suppose if I worshiped satan I can feel threatened while surrounded by people going to church, can start ploughing them down then

Blocking traffic so that drivers and occupants of cars are trapped and could potentially become the victims of violence certainly poses a hostile threat.

it appears that this law is aimed at giving drivers protection to speed through a crowd who could potential he be a danger to the occupants of the vehicle.

I certainly would step on the gas if my car became surrounded by "protesters" who started trying to break the glass and attack me. I can't imagine a more vulnerable position to be in.

Hope it passes. Hope other states follow suit. If cops can do it, then citizens should be allowed to as well.

If you believe your life is in danger, you ought to be able to just drive to safety, and if that means mowing down a few ASININE LEFTIST PROTESTERS, well then that's just icing on the cake.

Legalise this:

Why do the French have all the fun... I will tell you, if they knew he was a terrorist he would fear for safety...

So your excuse for mowing down people is I felt scared... Just back over them afterwards...

I suppose if I worshiped satan I can feel threatened while surrounded by people going to church, can start ploughing them down then
There's a simple solution to this problem.

DON'T PROTEST IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET AND SURROUND VEHICLES!!!

Problem solved.

Blocking traffic so that drivers and occupants of cars are trapped and could potentially become the victims of violence certainly poses a hostile threat.

it appears that this law is aimed at giving drivers protection to speed through a crowd who could potential he be a danger to the occupants of the vehicle.

I certainly would step on the gas if my car became surrounded by "protesters" who started trying to break the glass and attack me. I can't imagine a more vulnerable position to be in.
Then you would be covered by another raft of laws...

Do you think in that position you described you would be thinking what is lawful.

Knowingly ploughing into a protestor on a road should be against the law and subject to severe criminal charges..

I don't care if they are marching for BLM or a Trump Rally...

"LOL" Where did I say "in the original bill"? Thanks for your attempt to impose parameters on my post that weren't actually there, but no thanks.

As it happens, the part of the original bill you're ignoring in your frantic need to deflect is:

A person operating a motor vehicle who injures another person with the motor vehicle is not liable for the injury if, at the time of the injury:

(1) the person operating the motor vehicle was exercising due care;

Now, do you really think that law enforcement and the courts are going to consider that the driver was "exercising due care" if they're mowing down people who are no threat to them? Or were you just skipping that part so that you could run right to being "outraged" that the pet thugs you like to cheer on weren't going to get to do whatever they wanted?​

IMHO, a person who blocks traffic in Texas (or anywhere else) for the 1st time should be subject to a minimum of 30 days in jail, no exceptions, plus a big fine. And the incarceration and the fine should be increased or subsequent infractions. Enough of this shit where people get arrested and then walk the next day without consequence. That said, the law was proposed and never passed in the state House and it's pretty much BS, you shouldn't be allowed to kill somebody with a car or a gun or anything else unless your life or someone else's is in imminent danger; you call the cops have the assholes arrested.

Now, if a mob attacks me in my car, then all bets are off and I have every right to hit the gas and get my happy ass outta there. And if I have to, I will pull out my S&W 16-shot 9mm semi-auto pistol and start shooting. To me, that's close enough to imminent danger whether they are armed or not.

Legalise this:

You people always come up with these absurd fears about how these kinds of laws will be abused/used, and we never hear you come back a year or two later and point to what happened and say, "WE TOLD YOU SO".

Why is that?

1620750536400.png

IMHO, a person who blocks traffic in Texas (or anywhere else) for the 1st time should be subject to a minimum of 30 days in jail, no exceptions, plus a big fine. And the incarceration and the fine should be increased or subsequent infractions. Enough of this shit where people get arrested and then walk the next day without consequence. That said, the law was proposed and never passed in the state House and it's pretty much BS, you shouldn't be allowed to kill somebody with a car or a gun or anything else unless your life or someone else's is in imminent danger; you call the cops have the assholes arrested.

Now, if a mob attacks me in my car, then all bets are off and I have every right to hit the gas and get my happy ass outta there. And if I have to, I will pull out my S&W 16-shot 9mm semi-auto pistol and start shooting. To me, that's close enough to imminent danger whether they are armed or not.
Obstructing traffic is already a Class B Misdemeanor in Texas punishable by up to 6 months in county jail. The case would have to be filed by a leo. This proposal puts some self defense in the hands of motorists where government fails to protect them.

Then you would be covered by another raft of laws...

Do you think in that position you described you would be thinking what is lawful.

Knowingly ploughing into a protestor on a road should be against the law and subject to severe criminal charges..

I don't care if they are marching for BLM or a Trump Rally...
It has been demonstrated time and time again that a large group of people surrounding a vehicle with the intent to commit violence is a very dangerous situation for the vehicle occupants.

Who is better equipped to avoid such a circumstance? The vehicle occupants driving on ..... you know.... the fucking road, where they belong? Or, the ass-hurt protesters demanding to be heard....IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD???

I'm going with the vehicle occupants.

Don't like it? GET OUT OF THE FUCKING ROAD!!!

Won't pass
I agree it won't pass... However I have no problems with the bill. Stupid should never be rewarded.
I don't. I think it has a chance. Obviously a cop can drive to safety, even if it means mowing down a protestor or two, so why shouldn't any citizen be given the same legal ability to stay safe?

If there's a crowd around your vehicle kicking it, climbing on it, pounding on it and actually break one of your windows, are you going to just sit there and let them possibly KILL YOU? You have to be joking. I'm mowing some people down, period. I'm driving to safety. I would not just sit there. Legal or not, I'm otta there.

More to the point, these rioters are animalistic thugs, but they're not lacking a sense of self-preservation. If they know that drivers they threaten can legally drive over them to get to safety, they're going to stop blocking traffic and not put themselves in a position to become speed bumps.
Since the majority of the animalistic thugs were white supremacists who got help from the police....

Hold your breath waiting for anyone to care what you think is "Christian" or not, "Reverend" Dick.

think about what other people think is "Christian," too. Remember that frankie graham and the falwell's have gone sucking up to all kinds of criminal and pimps, including criminals like trump, and these "evangelicals" who groom little girls, just little girls, to be "pure" for their "marriages."

Won't pass
I agree it won't pass... However I have no problems with the bill. Stupid should never be rewarded.
I don't. I think it has a chance. Obviously a cop can drive to safety, even if it means mowing down a protestor or two, so why shouldn't any citizen be given the same legal ability to stay safe?

If there's a crowd around your vehicle kicking it, climbing on it, pounding on it and actually break one of your windows, are you going to just sit there and let them possibly KILL YOU? You have to be joking. I'm mowing some people down, period. I'm driving to safety. I would not just sit there. Legal or not, I'm otta there.

More to the point, these rioters are animalistic thugs, but they're not lacking a sense of self-preservation. If they know that drivers they threaten can legally drive over them to get to safety, they're going to stop blocking traffic and not put themselves in a position to become speed bumps.

More to the point, the Capitol rioters, and thug militias are animalistic thugs, and they have no sense of self preservation at all.

I would think that protestors would amass in the streets with guns and DARE the drivers to try to run them over. That's what the right wing thug militias have been doing. Running around with their AR14's daring anyone to take them on.

That's why so many of them got arrested last summer trying to intimmidate the BLM protestors. Right wing thugs will have to shoot the motorists, and we'll see how long motorists keep trying it.

More to the point, the Capitol rioters, and thug militias are animalistic thugs, and they have no sense of self preservation at all.

I would think that protestors would amass in the streets with guns and DARE the drivers to try to run them over. That's what the right wing thug militias have been doing. Running around with their AR14's daring anyone to take them on.
Link?
That's why so many of them got arrested last summer trying to intimmidate the BLM protestors. Right wing thugs will have to shoot the motorists, and we'll see how long motorists keep trying it.
Mmmm... Yeah. The stupid is strong with this one.

Forum List

Back