Tennessee House Approves Bill To Make Bible Official State Book

Tell me, how many different religions use the Bible, and then tell me exactly which one they are attempting to establish as an official State religion?

Tell me how that's relevant to my question of whether or not the Attorney Gen3eral of Tennessee is a 'liberal'?

Or are you just completely running from my question?

Your question had nothing to do with my original comment, I tend to ignore leftist deflection.

The argument you're dismissing as 'libs getting their panties in a twist over nothing' is made by the Republican Attorney General of Tennessee.

Why would I ignore him and believe you?

If TN is not trying to establish an official religion or dictate how people worship there is no conflict with the establishment clause, federal or State, is there?

Wow, you are so smart - and full of shit.

Damn, I'm impressed, it only took you two hole minutes to come up with that. Whats wrong you running out of real arguments?

n-BIBLE-large570.jpg

NASHVILLE, Tenn., April 15 (Reuters) - Tennessee state legislators on Wednesday advanced a bill to make the Bible the official state book, a measure the state attorney general said would be unconstitutional and Republican Governor Bill Haslam has called disrespectful.

The Republican-controlled state House of Representatives voted 55-38 to approve the Bible as state book. A companion bill could be considered as soon as Thursday in the state Senate, where Republicans hold 28 seats to five for Democrats.

Representative Bud Hulsey, a Republican, told colleagues in support of the bill it is worth the fight "now more than ever."

Other Republican representatives opposed the bill, citing concerns about how Tennessee might be perceived and the cost of defending it against legal challenges.

"The controversy will not end in this chamber," Representative Martin Daniel said. "If we pass this, we're going to be ridiculed."

More: Tennessee House Approves Bill To Make Bible Official State Book

Yes, you will be ridiculed - starting with me!

Nothing unconstitutional about it unless they mandate that everyone reads it. I love to see when libs get their panties in a twist over nothing.

The Attorney General of Tennessee is a 'liberal'?

Tell me, how many different religions use the Bible, and then tell me exactly which one they are attempting to establish as an official State religion?
1. Christianity

That was easy.

Tell me how that's relevant to my question of whether or not the Attorney Gen3eral of Tennessee is a 'liberal'?

Your question had nothing to do with my original comment, I tend to ignore leftist deflection.

The argument you're dismissing as 'libs getting their panties in a twist over nothing' is made by the Republican Attorney General of Tennessee.

If TN is not trying to establish an official religion or dictate how people worship there is no conflict with the establishment clause, federal or State, is there?
Correct. Maybe the lefties can tell us what sect - religion - or mode of worship the state of Tennessee would prefer if the Bible were to be its state book.

n-BIBLE-large570.jpg

NASHVILLE, Tenn., April 15 (Reuters) - Tennessee state legislators on Wednesday advanced a bill to make the Bible the official state book, a measure the state attorney general said would be unconstitutional and Republican Governor Bill Haslam has called disrespectful.

The Republican-controlled state House of Representatives voted 55-38 to approve the Bible as state book. A companion bill could be considered as soon as Thursday in the state Senate, where Republicans hold 28 seats to five for Democrats.

Representative Bud Hulsey, a Republican, told colleagues in support of the bill it is worth the fight "now more than ever."

Other Republican representatives opposed the bill, citing concerns about how Tennessee might be perceived and the cost of defending it against legal challenges.

"The controversy will not end in this chamber," Representative Martin Daniel said. "If we pass this, we're going to be ridiculed."

Nothing unconstitutional about it unless they mandate that everyone reads it. I love to see when libs get their panties in a twist over nothing.

1. Christianity

That was easy.

Show me where that is written in the bill. Are you really saying only Christians use the Bible?

n-BIBLE-large570.jpg

1. Christianity

That was easy.

Show me where that is written in the bill. Are you really saying only Christians use the Bible?
Yep. Only Christians use the bible.

And if the point of the bill is not to promote christianity and mark Tennessee as a christian state what is the point?

Correct. Maybe the lefties can tell us what sect - religion - or mode of worship the state of Tennessee would prefer if the Bible were to be its state book.

They're freaking clueless as usual.

1. Christianity

That was easy.

And if the point of the bill is not to promote christianity and mark Tennessee as a christian state what is the point?
The bill was not needed for that. Tennessee was Christian from its beginning. The Jewish population was nominal. Other faiths had even less presence.

1. Christianity

That was easy.

The bill was not needed for that. Tennessee was Christian from its beginning. The Jewish population was nominal. Other faiths had even less presence.
And this would just make it official for the state. How nice.

1. Christianity

That was easy.

You're a liar, Jews use the Bible, are they closet Christians?
What was the point of making the tulip a state flower?

1. Christianity

That was easy.

A state book is a state religion?

Dumb liberal.

1. Christianity

That was easy.

You're a liar, Jews use the Bible, are they colset Christians?
Im not a liar, but you are dumb. Jews do not use the bible.
they use the torah and talmud. But they certainly do not use the bible

1. Christianity

That was easy.

Dumb liberal.
Why the bible if not to promote christianity?

1. Christianity

That was easy.

You're a liar, Jews use the Bible, are they colset Christians?
Im not a liar, but you are dumb. Jews do not use the bible.
they use the torah and talmud. But they certainly do not use the bible

So they don't use the old testament? Really?

Doesn't Tennessee have more pressing matters to focus on?
Guess not.

1. Christianity

That was easy.

Jews use the Torah and the Talmud.....the Torah is similar to the first five books in the OT, but not exactly the same.

Dumb liberal.
Why the bible if not to promote christianity?
You really are daft. Why would a Christian state need to promote Christianity?

Or, as the link in the OP implies, the choice is a way for the state to defend Christianity, the faith of the citizens at the state's founding.

Logic 101, liberals: Christianity is already established in Tennessee. And it's already the preference.

Doesn't Tennessee have more pressing matters to focus on?
Guess not.
1. Christianity

That was easy.

Jews use the Torah and the Talmud.....the Torah is similar to the first five books in the OT, but not exactly the same.

Just different translations, the King James version is not the only one out there.

It establishes the Bible as the official state book; not the official state religion. There's quite a difference.

Forum List

Back