Tennessee House Approves Bill To Make Bible Official State Book

n-BIBLE-large570.jpg

NASHVILLE, Tenn., April 15 (Reuters) - Tennessee state legislators on Wednesday advanced a bill to make the Bible the official state book, a measure the state attorney general said would be unconstitutional and Republican Governor Bill Haslam has called disrespectful.

The Republican-controlled state House of Representatives voted 55-38 to approve the Bible as state book. A companion bill could be considered as soon as Thursday in the state Senate, where Republicans hold 28 seats to five for Democrats.

Representative Bud Hulsey, a Republican, told colleagues in support of the bill it is worth the fight "now more than ever."

Other Republican representatives opposed the bill, citing concerns about how Tennessee might be perceived and the cost of defending it against legal challenges.

"The controversy will not end in this chamber," Representative Martin Daniel said. "If we pass this, we're going to be ridiculed."

More: Tennessee House Approves Bill To Make Bible Official State Book

Yes, you will be ridiculed - starting with me!
You're an idiot. The bill did not pass. The state attorney general issued an opinion it was probably unconstitutional.
Attorney General Says Bible Can t Be Official State Book - WZTV FOX 17 - Top Stories

And sometimes I feel a little guilt for the joy it brings me to think of baby killing scum who target Christians .....lined up at the day of Judgement.

I know I shouldn't be happy about their sentence.

But I am. And it's something I have to ask for forgiveness for on a regular basis.
The Bible says that unbelievers will be thrown into the lake of fire. Litterally. it is such a terrible place. When they see it, they will fight to prevent the inevitable. Thus the need to be physically town into it. I find no joy in the prospect of one going to Hell. Call it a sense of satisfaction. Of justice done. Maybe that's what you're feeling. Nothing wrong with that.
Lake of fire? Where do you suppose that lake exists?

Next to the Hamburglar and to the left of Optimus Prime?

n-BIBLE-large570.jpg

NASHVILLE, Tenn., April 15 (Reuters) - Tennessee state legislators on Wednesday advanced a bill to make the Bible the official state book, a measure the state attorney general said would be unconstitutional and Republican Governor Bill Haslam has called disrespectful.

The Republican-controlled state House of Representatives voted 55-38 to approve the Bible as state book. A companion bill could be considered as soon as Thursday in the state Senate, where Republicans hold 28 seats to five for Democrats.

Representative Bud Hulsey, a Republican, told colleagues in support of the bill it is worth the fight "now more than ever."

Other Republican representatives opposed the bill, citing concerns about how Tennessee might be perceived and the cost of defending it against legal challenges.

"The controversy will not end in this chamber," Representative Martin Daniel said. "If we pass this, we're going to be ridiculed."

You're an idiot. The bill did not pass. The state attorney general issued an opinion it was probably unconstitutional.
Attorney General Says Bible Can t Be Official State Book - WZTV FOX 17 - Top Stories

Her claim was that the Tennessee house approved the bill. Are you saying this didn't happen?

n-BIBLE-large570.jpg

Nothing unconstitutional about it unless they mandate that everyone reads it. I love to see when libs get their panties in a twist over nothing.

The Attorney General of Tennessee is a 'liberal'?

Tell me, how many different religions use the Bible, and then tell me exactly which one they are attempting to establish as an official State religion?

n-BIBLE-large570.jpg

Nothing unconstitutional about it unless they mandate that everyone reads it. I love to see when libs get their panties in a twist over nothing.

Tell me, how many different religions use the Bible, and then tell me exactly which one they are attempting to establish as an official State religion?

Tell me how that's relevant to my question of whether or not the Attorney Gen3eral of Tennessee is a 'liberal'?

Or are you just completely running from my question?

n-BIBLE-large570.jpg

I made exactly that point numerous times. Is it the King James Bible? The Septuagint? The Codex Sinaiticus? The Revised Standard Version?
It's nuts. And Democrats voted for it.

n-BIBLE-large570.jpg

I made exactly that point numerous times. Is it the King James Bible? The Septuagint? The Codex Sinaiticus? The Revised Standard Version?
It's nuts. And Democrats voted for it.

The Tennessee Constitution is pretty clear that "no preference shall ever be given, by law, to any religion establishment or mode of worship."

And making the Bible the Tennessee official State book would violate that tenet according to the Attorney General of Tennessee.

A republican.

n-BIBLE-large570.jpg

post-30904-0-35475800-1391006579.gif
Christianity?

n-BIBLE-large570.jpg

Tell me how that's relevant to my question of whether or not the Attorney Gen3eral of Tennessee is a 'liberal'?

Your question had nothing to do with my original comment, I tend to ignore leftist deflection.

n-BIBLE-large570.jpg

Christianity?

Why the question mark? Got commitment issues?

n-BIBLE-large570.jpg

Your question had nothing to do with my original comment, I tend to ignore leftist deflection.

The argument you're dismissing as 'libs getting their panties in a twist over nothing' is made by the Republican Attorney General of Tennessee.

Why would I ignore him and believe you?

n-BIBLE-large570.jpg

Christianity?

Why the question mark? Got commitment issues?

Duh, because you posed a question - and I was wondering if I answered correctly.

The argument you're dismissing as 'libs getting their panties in a twist over nothing' is made by the Republican Attorney General of Tennessee.

If TN is not trying to establish an official religion or dictate how people worship there is no conflict with the establishment clause, federal or State, is there?

If TN is not trying to establish an official religion or dictate how people worship there is no conflict with the establishment clause, federal or State, is there?

Wow, you are so smart - and full of shit.

n-BIBLE-large570.jpg

Someone should tell them that William Jennings Bryan is dead.

Forum List

Back