Tennessee House Approves Bill To Make Bible Official State Book

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
n-BIBLE-large570.jpg

NASHVILLE, Tenn., April 15 (Reuters) - Tennessee state legislators on Wednesday advanced a bill to make the Bible the official state book, a measure the state attorney general said would be unconstitutional and Republican Governor Bill Haslam has called disrespectful.

The Republican-controlled state House of Representatives voted 55-38 to approve the Bible as state book. A companion bill could be considered as soon as Thursday in the state Senate, where Republicans hold 28 seats to five for Democrats.

Representative Bud Hulsey, a Republican, told colleagues in support of the bill it is worth the fight "now more than ever."

Other Republican representatives opposed the bill, citing concerns about how Tennessee might be perceived and the cost of defending it against legal challenges.

"The controversy will not end in this chamber," Representative Martin Daniel said. "If we pass this, we're going to be ridiculed."

More: Tennessee House Approves Bill To Make Bible Official State Book

Yes, you will be ridiculed - starting with me!

A HuffPo link? Sorry.

Meanwhile the Dems are trying to pass The Communist Manifesto.

Can you show me a democratically controlled state legislature that passed the Communist Manifesto as their state book?

Of course not. You clearly don't have any idea what you're talking about.

n-BIBLE-large570.jpg

NASHVILLE, Tenn., April 15 (Reuters) - Tennessee state legislators on Wednesday advanced a bill to make the Bible the official state book, a measure the state attorney general said would be unconstitutional and Republican Governor Bill Haslam has called disrespectful.

The Republican-controlled state House of Representatives voted 55-38 to approve the Bible as state book. A companion bill could be considered as soon as Thursday in the state Senate, where Republicans hold 28 seats to five for Democrats.

Representative Bud Hulsey, a Republican, told colleagues in support of the bill it is worth the fight "now more than ever."

Other Republican representatives opposed the bill, citing concerns about how Tennessee might be perceived and the cost of defending it against legal challenges.

"The controversy will not end in this chamber," Representative Martin Daniel said. "If we pass this, we're going to be ridiculed."

Good. Your source sucks though.

n-BIBLE-large570.jpg

You've got a problem with Reuters?

n-BIBLE-large570.jpg

You've got a problem with Reuters?
Not really. I retract last.

A HuffPo link? Sorry.

Can you show me a democratically controlled state legislature that passed the Communist Manifesto as their state book?

Can you show me any brain functioning beyond tugging on your scrotum?

n-BIBLE-large570.jpg

Which version? And is this the OT and the NT?

n-BIBLE-large570.jpg

Wow

Just think what would happen if California made the RAIN DANCE the state dance!!!!

A HuffPo link? Sorry.

So that's a 'no', you can't show us a single state legislature passing the 'Communist Manifesto' as their state book?

Then your analogy falls apart.
Predictably.

A HuffPo link? Sorry.

So that's a 'no', you can't show us a single state legislature passing the 'Communist Manifesto' as their state book?

Then your analogy falls apart.
Predictably.
You predictably can't stop tugging on your scrotum.

Forum List

Back