Tennessee House Approves Bill To Make Bible Official State Book

christianity-makes-perfect-sense.jpg

1. Christianity

That was easy.

Show me where that is written in the bill. Are you really saying only Christians use the Bible?
Yep. Only Christians use the bible.

And if the point of the bill is not to promote christianity and mark Tennessee as a christian state what is the point?

You're a liar, Jews use the Bible, are they colset Christians?
Im not a liar, but you are dumb. Jews do not use the bible.
they use the torah and talmud. But they certainly do not use the bible

So they don't use the old testament? Really?
No, they don't. The books are similar, but not identical.

And they certainly don't use the new testament, without which the bible is not the bible.

Show me where that is written in the bill. Are you really saying only Christians use the Bible?

And if the point of the bill is not to promote christianity and mark Tennessee as a christian state what is the point?

And they certainly don't use the new testament, without which the bible is not the bible.

All this gum flapping and you have yet to show any intent in the legislation to establish a religion or dictate how people may worship, carry on dip stick.

All this gum flapping and you have yet to show any intent in the legislation to establish a religion or dictate how people may worship, carry on dip stick.
You can honestly say that this bill gives the impression that all people of all faiths are equally respected and valued in Tennessee?

Grow up

From the article:
The dog and the cat are state symbols and nobody in Tennessee is required to purchase a dog or a cat," the Republican said.

Sexton said nothing prevents other works to be named official state books alongside the Bible. Tennessee, after all, has several state songs, he said.

Does anyone really give a fuck what they do in Tennessee?

You can honestly say that this bill gives the impression that all people of all faiths are equally respected and valued in Tennessee?

Grow up

All you got are your ignorant assed assumptions, so go ahead a wallow in your ignorance, I'm done with this one.

'Representative Bud Hulsey, a Republican, told colleagues in support of the bill it is worth the fight "now more than ever."'

Yet further evidence of the hostility toward the First Amendment common to most on the right, and their contempt for the Framers' mandate that church and state remain separate.

I wonder what the reaction on this board would be if some state tried to make the Quran the official state book. Somehow I'm having trouble imagining all of these "what's the big deal?" posts in that scenario.

From the article:
The dog and the cat are state symbols and nobody in Tennessee is required to purchase a dog or a cat," the Republican said.

Sexton said nothing prevents other works to be named official state books alongside the Bible. Tennessee, after all, has several state songs, he said.

Does anyone really give a fuck what they do in Tennessee?
I live here so yeah, I kinda do.
The legislation is stupid. I've told state legislators as much.

'Representative Bud Hulsey, a Republican, told colleagues in support of the bill it is worth the fight "now more than ever."'

Yet further evidence of the hostility toward the First Amendment common to most on the right, and their contempt for the Framers' mandate that church and state remain separate.
The Framers did not mandate that church and state remain separate. I dont know where you got that idea. Public school maybe.

The Framers did not mandate that church and state remain separate. I dont know where you got that idea. Public school maybe.
They did but not specifically. People of their time understood clearly what it meant for the state to establish an official church. It meant religious zealots were given access to all policy discussions, men who were adept at making impassioned pleas who were certain God was on their side. It's that kind of religious leverage that they wanted to remain absent from policy decisions because they knew it for the tyranny it was. It's the exact kind of thing the Christian conservatives want to force into our halls of power after all this time, they alone want to be the moral compass of America and by extension it's secular leaders.

They did but not specifically. People of their time understood clearly what it meant for the state to establish an official church. It meant religious zealots were given access to all policy discussions, men who were adept at making impassioned pleas who were certain God was on their side. It's that kind of religious leverage that they wanted to remain absent from policy decisions because they knew it for the tyranny it was. It's the exact kind of thing the Christian conservatives want to force into our halls of power after all this time, they alone want to be the moral compass of America and by extension it's secular leaders.
A bunch of assertion and no proof. How do you know what "people of their time" thought? Are you 250 years old?

A bunch of assertion and no proof. How do you know what "people of their time" thought? Are you 250 years old?
No, but the writings of T. Jefferson and others are. They absolutely despised the Calvinists, the evangelicals of the time, of that there is no doubt.

And sometimes I feel a little guilt for the joy it brings me to think of baby killing scum who target Christians .....lined up at the day of Judgement.

I know I shouldn't be happy about their sentence.

But I am. And it's something I have to ask for forgiveness for on a regular basis.

More christer fantasies of revenge !!!

And sometimes I feel a little guilt for the joy it brings me to think of baby killing scum who target Christians .....lined up at the day of Judgement.

I know I shouldn't be happy about their sentence.

But I am. And it's something I have to ask for forgiveness for on a regular basis.

More christer fantasies of revenge !!!

And this is why I couldn't be a conservative. Too many of them take joy at the suffering of others. The more suffering, the more joy.

I'm not made that way.

Forum List

Back