Tennessee House Approves Bill To Make Bible Official State Book

Doesn't Tennessee have more pressing matters to focus on?

I'm not sure what this means. Does this mean everyone in Tennessee has to read the Bible cover to cover? That sounds like a lot of work. I'm lazy. If I were to pick an offical state book it would damn sure be the Dummies version, or maybe something with mostly pictures. :thup:

I'm not sure what this means. Does this mean everyone in Tennessee has to read the Bible cover to cover? That sounds like a lot of work. I'm lazy. If I were to pick an offical state book it would damn sure be the Dummies version, or maybe something with mostly pictures. :thup:

How about "My Pet Goat"? That was a George W. Bush favorite.

Will other NaziCon (red) states follow Tennessee's lead?

uo53b2f460.jpg

What is wrong with the bible being a state book?

It violates Tennessee's state constitution which declares '"no preference shall ever be given, by law, to any religion establishment or mode of worship."

What is wrong with the bible being a state book?

It violates Tennessee's state constitution which declares '"no preference shall ever be given, by law, to any religion establishment or mode of worship."
How does it give preference? Does it make people read it? Or follow it?

According to the State Attorney General of Tennessee, 'state symbols, such as the designation of milk as the official state beverage, "inherently carry the imprimatur and endorsement of the government."

So per Tennessee's Attorney General, yes it does.

Forum List

Back