Teaching a balanced view of the Holocaust in Texas

It's always fun when these hypocritical antisemites like Tammy and others in this thread support antisemitism when it comes from their fellow leftists or from minorities, but not when it comes from the right.

If it were BLM, Muslims or ANTIFA saying the same thing, these worthless morons would be defending it.
^^^THIS^^^

Tommy Tainant is a Jew hater, Islamist supporter and follower of Jeremy Corbyn. The fact that he created a thread like this is mind boggling.

What's wrong with bringing in that perspective and letting it be heard and discussed?
Nothing is wrong with it in the proper context. What if you have a classroom full of conspiracy believing nut jobs like this message board though? They would control the conversation. According to Texas law, the teacher cant say if something is inherently bad. So a kid who doesnt know anything about the holocaust could leave his high school thinking the holocaust never happened.

But, no. I am advocating for allowing students to hear many points of view and decide for themselves, rather than be little robots who always think/behave as commanded.
I"m all for that as long as the other points of view are based on truths. Otherwise that would make the differing points of views lies, wouldnt they?

You can discuss and teach that there are those who deny the Holocaust happened, discuss some of their claims, show how easily they are debunked and give the students valuable insight on how to spot conspiracy theories and where their weak points are. Pretending these people don't exist isn't going to help the kids.
Agreed.

I am advocating for teaching kids TO THINK!!!!

You are advocating for teaching kids to obey blindly!!!
What you are advocating for is teaching critical thinking skills I am all for that. It would prevent things like thinking a pedophile ring is run out of a pizza parlors basement when the pizza parlor has no basement.

There's not on thing in there about teaching an opposing view of the Holocaust. You're lying, as usual.
"Ateachers who choose to discuss current events or widely debated and currently controversial issues of public policy or social affairs shall, to the best of their ability, strive to explore such issues from diverse and contending perspectives without giving deference to any one perspective;"

How do you interpret that, fuckhead?

So are you saying we should allow holocaust deniers to have a voice? What you are advocating is bringing lies and conspiracy theories into the history classroom. You are advocating the teaching of lies. There arent good people on both sides, regardless of what you think.

No one is saying that, however what is wrong with discussing other points of view and why would some accept that position? You don't need to teach it as fact, you need to teach it as another viewpoint held because of prejudices and hatred.

I am not getting why people should just accept others teaching and not let any opposing view to be heard. A non-discussion format is for the weak minded and those that just want to be mindless orbs, ready to do the bidding of it's master.

What a load of crap. The Holocaust was a foreign country's policy. Nothing in the legislation says alternative views are required when discussing the actions of foreign countries. This is a red herring.
The Holocaust is always a dog whistle.

This is the left trying to retain the ability to indoctrinate with commie shit without obstruction.

Trump's daughter, son in law and three grand children are Jewish. The true antisemitism in America comes from the left.
You're not supposed to notice that. The narrative is that All Things Bad come from the right. Just watch, years from now they'll be blaming the right for Quid Pro's policies. It never stops with them.

No one is saying that, however what is wrong with discussing other points of view and why would some accept that position? You don't need to teach it as fact, you need to teach it as another viewpoint held because of prejudices and hatred.

I am not getting why people should just accept others teaching and not let any opposing view to be heard. A non-discussion format is for the weak minded and those that just want to be mindless orbs, ready to do the bidding of it's master.
This is true, especially at the college level. That's why I was so opposed to the movement to keep certain speakers off college campuses instead of letting the students hear from them and then discuss the viewpoints along with other viewpoints they heard. The classroom should not just be an echo chamber of the teacher's views.

The Texas law doesnt allow that. According to the law, you cant give deference to any one position.

So now there are no absolute facts? LOL not needing to teach things as fact. What fucking planet do you live on?

The true antisemitism in America comes from the left.

The overwhelming majority, anyway.

There are still a few neo nazis living in their Mom's basement who like to play dress up, but they are tiny in numbers and completely marginalized. On the left, however, it has become mainstream and entrenched, and is disguised as hatred of Israel.

You see, Morons like Tammy and so many other leftists here support Hamas, which lists the genocide of Jews as one of their stated objectives, but heaven forbid anybody call that antisemitic. At least the neo-Nazis are up front about it. THese despicable leftists all play games by grandstanding their opposition in general terms but giving 100% support when it comes to specific.

Talking out of both sides of their mouth seems natural to these benightedly repulsive creatures

I agree. However, the Texas law doesnt allow that. According to the law, you cant give deference to any one position.
If the teacher is good, don't take a side and let the students on their won come to the correct decision. Not everyone will, however it will teach thinkers to think and get many points of view in.

Last edited:
If the teacher is good, they don't purposely don't take a side and let the students on their won come to the correct decision. Not everyone will, however it will teach thinkers to think and get many points of view in.
So the kids teach the class. There is no longer any truth. Truth is whatever a bunch of high school kids think is the truth, and you just hope they come to the correct conclusion, whatever that is.

I dont think you've thought through this plan of yours.

According to Papageorgio, history will now be learned by high schoolers that come together and figure out what the truth is. Teachers no longer teach, they just babysit in the classroom, letting the students decide what history is.
Teachers need to teach kids how to think not what to think. History is written by the winners.

The crux of the problem here is the conspiracy nut jobs DONT know what critical thinking is, yet they think they do. And they want THEIR version of how to critically think put into place. They want to destroy history to make it into THEIR version of history that fits their preconceived model. That is what this is all about.

The Texas law doesnt allow that. According to the law, you cant give deference to any one position.

So now there are no absolute facts? LOL not needing to teach things as fact. What fucking planet do you live on?
You do teach facts as facts. IOW, a Holocaust denier may say that only a few thousand Jews died in WWII, no more than would be expected as casualties in a war. A teacher could make that statement, then show documented evidence that millions died, thus exposing the claim as false. IOW, you teach that there are those who claim something didn't happen, then you show the evidence that it did.

So the kids teach the class. There is no longer any truth. Truth is whatever a bunch of high school kids think is the truth, and you just hope they come to the correct conclusion, whatever that is.

I dont think you've thought through this plan of yours.
Didn't say that either. I was in plenty of classrooms where we discussed current issues and historical issues and we had open honest discussions about perspectives and views.

You are missing the point, by openly teaching that there are other views and ideas, it teachers students to logically sort through ideas and points of view and find out what the truth really is. It is called teaching and learning, good teachers still do this and do it well. It is the best way to learn.

Forum List

Back