Teaching a balanced view of the Holocaust in Texas

For once words fail me.Right wing lunacy has seen all sorts of nonsense dragged into the classroom. For example trying to debunk Darwin. But this seems quite dangerous to me.

I wonder if its just boneheadism or if there is a more sinister movement behind this.
Holocaust Denial is evil.

Disagreeing with Darwin -- not so much.

Yes, and it still boils down to black bellyaching about old history along with the demonization of whites

Thats in keeping with your crocodile tears over the Bill of Rights then instead of now
Sadly Racism against African-Americans was and is stronger then anti-Semitism in Russia.

What exactly is the "opposing" view of the Holocaust? That it didn't happen?

Yes and some antisemites claim just that. Want to see it happening? Go to Stormfront forum. These fools even mock the Holocaust as if it were an amusing joke. Want a funny joke? David Duke is a former member of the Ku Klux Klan who calls himself a "European American". He is BANNED in 27 European countries. Don Black calls himself one and he is banned from the entire UK.

Sadly Racism against African-Americans was and is stronger then anti-Semitism in Russia.
Thats utter nonsense

Unless you are referring to white liberals who really think black people are inferior and cant make it without their help

The rest of us criticize blacks for not living up to their potential

You didn't read the link from the OP post #1 did you. The South Lake school teacher wasn't in trouble for talking about the HOLOCUST--that was simply a red herring----what actually happened is dipshit teacher was putting in books on race aka CRT in her/his/its book collection in the class trying to circumvent the states ruling about CRT Bullshit being forced on students as CRT is controversial. The mentions of the Holocust were meant to spin shit both by the article's writer and Tommy. CRT is teaching kids to hate white people. You want talk about slavery --lets talk about slavery and who were the worst slavers then and now....instead of trying to spin shit about whites being the only ones to have slaves while pushing the reparation nonsense.
That is a lie, CRT is NOT taught in K-12 education. Tell us what book collection was put in the class.

For once words fail me.Right wing lunacy has seen all sorts of nonsense dragged into the classroom. For example trying to debunk Darwin. But this seems quite dangerous to me.

I wonder if its just boneheadism or if there is a more sinister movement behind this.
How do your Islamic friends feel about the Holocaust?

There can be no "opposing view" to the truth that the Holocaust was the most evil event to occur in modern times, while taking nothing away from the evils inflicted on other minorities. Anti-Semitism has existed and manifested itself in Europe for centuries and touched America centuries before the Holocaust happened. It is based on a warped conclusion of Christians that an entire religion is to be blamed in perpetuity for the death of the man whose teachings form the basis of the Christian faith, and who was himself Jewish. It carries with it the ridiculous view that Jews somehow owe Christians something, which they never have. How ironic that the Christians had to throw away the very teachings of this man in order to arrive at this conclusion.

How about Muslims views on the Holocaust?

If they refuse to believe in it or if they say Hitler was a great man, are you prepared to deport them?

How about Muslims views on the Holocaust?

If they refuse to believe in it or if they say Hitler was a great man, are you prepared to deport them?

Holy whataboutism! I said nothing about Muslims or deporting anyone. I wrote about the ridiculous belief among some Christians that has been around at least since the Middle Ages and persists to this day among morons who call themselves "Christian." Reading is fundamental.

Holy whataboutism! I said nothing about Muslims or deporting anyone. I wrote about the ridiculous belief among some Christians that has been around at least since the Middle Ages and persists to this day among morons who call themselves "Christian." Reading is fundamental.
Of course you wouldn’t dare talk about Muslims and how they treat Jews, that’s why I am asking you. You’re still afraid to answer the question.

I saw this article this morning and was stunned.

The county school board demands that teachers teach both sides of things, and the curriculum director used the Holocaust as an example. If they have books on the Holocaust, they have to have books on the opposing view. What opposing view??

Presumably Mein Kampf - but I'm sure it sounded much more reasonable in the original German ...

Presumably Mein Kampf - but I'm sure it sounded much more reasonable in the original German ...

No one is asking for the opposing view on the Holocaust to be taught.

This is bullshit spun by a lib administrator. And you are buying it.

Forum List

Back