Teacher of the year

yeah , its my impression that todays Modern breed of teachers are nasty RWinger .

She will be fired but has a future in hair design

I’m glad none of the kids were injured. I’m also glad the kids were able to witness the craziness of a typical liberal.
I hope they learned a valuable lesson.

Last edited:
I’m glad none of the kids were injured. I’m also glad the kids were able to witness the craziness of a typical liberal.
She looked like a Trump voter to me

She looked like a Trump voter to me
She’s clearly a crazy lib.
Her unchecked ranting is a clear sign of Trumpism
We’ve seen enough vids of unchecked liberal teachers to know she’s someone in your camp.

Full service educator

There is no excuse for this, obviously. That's first.

Please note that she was arrested.

Please note the statement of the school:

We take very seriously the safety of the students in classrooms and on the COS campus. We move decisively when questions of inappropriate and unprofessional conduct are brought to the attention of UPHS administration. In this instance, we promptly removed Ms. Gieszinger from her classroom and worked closely with the COS Police Department. We are reviewing all available information and will take the most severe employment action appropriate. Ms. Gieszinger will not return to her UPHS classroom.

VIDEO: Visalia teacher arrested for forcibly cutting kid's hair in class

That first comment struck me. No, schools do NOT "take very seriously the safety of the students in classrooms".

Every day I read on teacher forums about teachers being kicked, hit, attacked, assaulted and similarly abused, and told by inept administrators there's nothing they can do. Every day I read teachers fretting about the safety of students and staff while they carry out of control tantruming students to the office who batter and abuse others.

But this is what people want to see--the rare teacher who just loses it. You folks go for it. Meanwhile, believe this: the next Nikolas Cruz is out there, being brushed under the rug by the next inept school district.

Ok............she lost it.............completely.......

Padded cell she goes to..............

Full service educator

We take very seriously the safety of the students in classrooms and on the COS campus. We move decisively when questions of inappropriate and unprofessional conduct are brought to the attention of UPHS administration. In this instance, we promptly removed Ms. Gieszinger from her classroom and worked closely with the COS Police Department. We are reviewing all available information and will take the most severe employment action appropriate. Ms. Gieszinger will not return to her UPHS classroom.

That first comment struck me. No, schools do NOT "take very seriously the safety of the students in classrooms".

Every day I read on teacher forums about teachers being kicked, hit, attacked, assaulted and similarly abused, and told by inept administrators there's nothing they can do. Every day I read teachers fretting about the safety of students and staff while they carry out of control tantruming students to the office who batter and abuse others.

But this is what people want to see--the rare teacher who just loses it. You folks go for it. Meanwhile, believe this: the next Nikolas Cruz is out there, being brushed under the rug by the next inept school district.

I suspect she is somewhat crazy

Full service educator

I suspect she is somewhat crazy

Of course she is. She is and went to jail.

We have highly distressed kids in school too who are often a danger to themselves and others. But because of our propensity toward "victimology" here in the US, these kids get passed along and their issues swept under the rug until you have a Nikolas Cruz situation.

Do not doubt that there two dozen instances of this yesterday coast to coast--kids attempting to harm other kids or their teachers with scissors. It might have even happened; I know of one instance where it DID happen. Not only are those students not ARRESTED, very often they are not even punished. You cannot touch them. They have an alphabet diagnosis which is not going to make one hill of bean's worth of difference to the future victims of their violence. When you are 18 and out of school, the police don't care if you have OCD or ADD or ASD or whatever you have. You hurt someone, you are getting arrested. So why we think it's good for ANY children to allow violence in our schools is beyond me.

But I know a lot of people need to wake up to it. Hopefully before it's too late.

This I agree with wholeheartedly...….IF the district took the safety of students seriously, then they never would have hired her in the first place with 2 previous violations/loss of credentials.

The districts/schools are so afraid of offending or doing the wrong thing or, or, or...….they've become relaxed daycare centers that provide adult supervision while kids do what they want. Sorry, but I don't see it as an Education.

This I agree with wholeheartedly...….IF the district took the safety of students seriously, then they never would have hired her in the first place with 2 previous violations/loss of credentials.

The districts/schools are so afraid of offending or doing the wrong thing or, or, or...….they've become relaxed daycare centers that provide adult supervision while kids do what they want. Sorry, but I don't see it as an Education.

What is your solution?

all she did was cut a lock of the kids hair......

~S~
She was also running with scissors

RunScissors.jpg

What is your solution?

Not a popular one I'm sure, but to go back quite a few years ago when schools did teach usable skills, teachers spent the time going over a subject a few times until the kids understood it and those who didn't 'make the grade' be held back another year so they could. Still offer usable elective courses in high school that were job related.....like automotive, shop, home-ec, banking/office, etc

When kids got out of control, they were sent to the Principals office to be dealt with....either calling parents or cops or sat in detention/study hall depending on level of offense.

Forum List

Back