VIDEO: Brawl at Halifax County High School raises questions about safety, teacher conduct

Yes, of course. Don't like it, don't take the job.

Hmm, that’s also an option. If you are not willing to put yourself in the position of being sent to the hospital, possibly killed, or sued for everything you own, then don’t be a teacher.

I suppose that is another good alternative.

Or, how about this, let’s just put in some protections for teachers so, when they try and do the right thing, they aren’t punished for it, this includes fighting to defend yourself if you are attacked. Have you seen the video I posted about the teachers being hit with a DESK and sent to the hospital.

I mean…if you expect teachers to intervene, you’ve got to provide SOME sort of protection for them..

I could be wrong, but I believe that some teachers are now allowed to bring guns to school, but only in a certain city/state. Sadly, I can't remember which one.

God bless you and the innocent teachers and students always!!!

Holly

Hmm, that’s also an option. If you are not willing to put yourself in the position of being sent to the hospital, possibly killed, or sued for everything you own, then don’t be a teacher. .....

That's the long and the short of it.

That's the long and the short of it.

I think you’re idea of what a teacher should do is quite a bit different than what others thinks. Did you read the Reddit and quora I linked? Seems most people in the profession agree with non intervention.

Which was?

While two other teachers pulled two kids away from each other, work in between the remaining three and keep them separate until a whole bunch of campus security showed up to help out. The main instigators got a long talk with their vice principals, then family/guardians of each of the kids were called in for discussions about consequences.

You draw the line at where a kid could get hurt. That's part of the job.

Let them fight to the death to assure only the biggest, stupidest students survive to breed.

Create a race of minimum wage day laborers.

I think you’re [sic] idea of what a teacher should do is quite a bit different than what others thinks [sic]. ....

I've been doing this for 30 years. I think I have a pretty good idea how it goes. The school I teach at now would turn your hair white, and it's tame compared to some other places where I've taught.

Excessive criticism against the teacher. It was a chaotic situation and he was going above and beyond with nothing but good intentions.

False move is any action you could take that someone with a camera could use to accuse you of improper behavior, send to the media, get you fired and possibly sued.

Just don’t get involved. That’s pretty basic. I mean, yeah, there was a time when you could step in and break up a fight…but it’s no longer worth it with the way the world is, and everyone itching to sue someone..

So…the answer is very simple…call the police, let them handle it.

Now…some will say “but you can’t let them beat each other, they may get hurt!” That may be true..but, it’s the “litigation brigade” who brought us to this point. If it weren’t for all these tik tok warriors just hoping they can catch someone doing something wrong, we’d be having a different conversation, but, since that is a thing…you as a teacher have to decide whether you want to risk your livelihood and possibly your freedom by trying to intervene.

So…call the police, don’t get involved….
Yes.

Back in the 1950s, most students respected teachers.

Today the schools are filled with horrible individuals who sucker punch people, rob people, and murder people. They certainly are not going to respect a teacher's efforts to break up a fight.

While two other teachers pulled two kids away from each other, work in between the remaining three and keep them separate until a whole bunch of campus security showed up to help out. The main instigators got a long talk with their vice principals, then family/guardians of each of the kids were called in for discussions about consequences.
That’s great, you did the right thing, and got away without incident. Other teachers are not so lucky.

Yes.

Back in the 1950s, most students respected teachers.

Today the schools are filled with horrible individuals who sucker punch people, rob people, and murder people. They certainly are not going to respect a teacher's efforts to break up a fight.

Again, no one is forced to take the job.

I can't imagine a system in which students feel comfortable acting like this. There almost has to be some acquiescence or even enabling of this for it to become part of the school culture. No one seems to have any idea how bad this is for education. And yes, it begins in the home.

I can't imagine a system in which students feel comfortable acting like this. There almost has to be some acquiescence or even enabling of this for it to become part of the school culture. No one seems to have any idea how bad this is for education. And yes, it begins in the home.

It's important to establish and maintain an environment of order rather than one of chaos, but there will always be a few loose screws. And don't forget, teenagers are all hormones and emotions.

a lot of todays parents teach them this is good behavior.

The same people that teach kids that their problems in life, all of them. are because the white culture, society, the education system that teaches false history, the government, the NFL, the movie industry, country music, and probably ufos have conspired against him or her and the only justice they will get is to act out. Those people.

Forum List

Back