Tea Party Persecution...Why?

He actually made a very correct point and your rebutle was to insult him for it.

Pick up your game a bit.

mind your own business or post so you can get an pat on the ass from someone

Explain to me how my post exhibited any sort of hate.

why should they be ridiculed? you are pinning the birther thing on them with no proof whatsoever it came from them...You seemed to be more tolerant but lately I haven't seen it

Credit rating downgrade.

Sequester.

Government shutdown.

Threat to allow the Nation to default.

For starters…

Of course, it’s not ‘persecution,’ as that implies some sort of unjustified attack.

Criticism of the TPM such as the above and more is indeed justified and appropriate, as House republicans have done nothing but obstruct, placing party before country, contributing nothing worthwhile.

Obama/Democrats hold 66.6% of the federal elected power, why shouldn't their negotiation powers be questioned..:lol:.

Those, what 20 (Tea Party backed) members of Congress deserve all the blame, that's just silly headed and your list is childlike.

Credit rating downgrade.

Sequester.

Government shutdown.

Threat to allow the Nation to default.

For starters…

Of course, it’s not ‘persecution,’ as that implies some sort of unjustified attack.

Criticism of the TPM such as the above and more is indeed justified and appropriate, as House republicans have done nothing but obstruct, placing party before country, contributing nothing worthwhile.

Obama/Democrats hold 66.6% of the federal elected power, why shouldn't their negotiation powers be questioned..:lol:.

Those, what 20 (Tea Party backed) members of Congress deserve all the blame, that's just silly headed and your list is childlike.

His list is a Democrat talking point HACK list...
he's become nothing but a sheep

The Tea Party and Republicans are losing the message game to Democrats. The perception is that those people are welcomed into the Tea Party with open arms. Until the they can find a way to marginalize the crazies in their group they are giving their detractors a lot of ammunition.

The one thing really going for the dems, is that they aren't doing a lot of yacking.

The republicans are doing most of this stuff to themselves by turning off the independents.

Last edited:
You would think that a group that believe the government should follow the Constitution, reduce the national debt, lower taxes, reduce government waste and corruption and have fiscally responsible government..would be popular, instead their persecuted by the left and the left what-to-Be's....:dunno:

They don't believe in Article 1, Section 8.

They supported Wealthy Wall Street Banks over average American home owners. (They are a pure bastardization of the old Teddy Roosevelt Populism. They are populism for the wealthy elite over the poor and powerless. They support the tax agenda of large transnationals that have shipped middle class jobs to Chinese sweatshops. They support Walmart's right to get over 40% of its products made in Communist China. They are one of the most anti-patriotic groups in American history)

Many prominent members of the group were silent as Bush turned a record surplus into record deficits.

They accept massive cash infusions from mega-lobbying firms like Freedom Works. Meaning: they don't oppose the power of concentrated wealth over the political process, they embody it. They represent those in power.

In a capitalist economy, money is political power. Money funds elections and staffs government. Money is the lobbying pressure which captures regulators and writes legislation. The Tea Party has more money flowing into it than any group on the Right or Left by a factor of 10. They are pure astroturf.

Powerful business leaders use the Tea Party to wrap their special interests in grass roots.

why should they be ridiculed? you are pinning the birther thing on them with no proof whatsoever it came from them...You seemed to be more tolerant but lately I haven't seen it

I never said the Tea Party should be ridiculed. I was in full support of the Tea Party until they allowed the crazies to infest their group. I was only correcting Lumpy's word usage. I would call them ridiculed, but not persecuted. And your accusation of hatred came before I posted anything about birthers.

In some cases the Tea Party deserves the ridicule they receive. I would have respect for them if they stuck to a message of fiscal conservatism and small government. Instead you have the loudest people in the group bitching about things like birth certificates and vacations.

Perhaps their detractors only hear what they want to hear. I'm pretty sure that the Tea Party would rather not get into the social issues, yet progressives attribute them with their own politically motivated lies.

The Tea Party and Republicans are losing the message game to Democrats. The perception is that those people are welcomed into the Tea Party with open arms. Until the they can find a way to marginalize the crazies in their group they are giving their detractors a lot of ammunition.

If you had to pick between what you feel is best for the country or what's popular to win elections, what would you choose?

The cost to you would be persecution and false accusations by the reigning power and all their media minions.

I never said the Tea Party should be ridiculed. I was in full support of the Tea Party until they allowed the crazies to infest their group. I was only correcting Lumpy's word usage. I would call them ridiculed, but not persecuted. And your accusation of hatred came before I posted anything about birthers.

If I jumped the gun as you say, then I will apologize
I just get fed up how everything today is because of the Tea party, especially from the elected Democrats in Congress then their sheep regurgitates it with no care they are dumping on their fellow countrymen and women

They do the same stupid things over and over. That makes them stupid and insane.

Coming from a Democrat, your comment could only be considered irony and rather funny..:lol:

Why are Teabaggers being attacked by Republicans? Why are the silly hatter candidates being attacked by Republicans?

The birther movement started in Hillary Clinton's 2008 campaign.

Forgotten Truth: Hillary Clinton Mother of ?Birther? Movement!

That Hillary -- what a teabagger!! :mad:

Quoting "Camp": "Why are Teabaggers being attacked by Republicans? Why are the silly hatter candidates being attacked by Republicans?

"Hatters" were frequently mentally unbalanced because of occupational exposure to mercury.

Do you really see a whole lot of candidates whose employment is in the manufacture or hats these days?

Or are you just careless as well as irresponsible?

Last edited:

The one thing really going for the dems, is that they aren't doing a lot of yacking.

The republicans are doing most of this stuff to themselves by turning off the independents.
Wait until millions more fall victim to Obama's "you can keep your coverage" lie.

Gonna be tough to pin that on the TEA Party, innit?

Perhaps their detractors only hear what they want to hear. I'm pretty sure that the Tea Party would rather not get into the social issues, yet progressives attribute them with their own politically motivated lies.

If you had to pick between what you feel is best for the country or what's popular to win elections, what would you choose?

The cost to you would be persecution and false accusations by the reigning power and all their media minions.

It may not be right, but politics has always been an image game. The fact that Republicans and the Tea Party are losing that game is a failure on their part.

Why are Teabaggers being attacked by Republicans? Why are the silly hatter candidates being attacked by Republicans?

Democrats operate like a horde, think the same, react the same, talk the same, persecute the same..with very few exceptions.

The Republican Party has a much too large liberal light faction and a conservative side.

It may not be right, but politics has always been an image game. The fact that Republicans and the Tea Party are losing that game is a failure on their part.

I suppose if principles and a concern for future generations holds no importance, what you're saying would be true.

The birther movement started in Hillary Clinton's 2008 campaign.

Forgotten Truth: Hillary Clinton Mother of ?Birther? Movement!

That Hillary -- what a teabagger!! :mad:

Chronology of the birth certificate controversy.

1) Some anonymous blogger claims that Obama wasn't born in America.

2) Obama says fine, sends away to Hawaii for a copy of his birth certificate. Gets sent official certificate of live birth just like everyone else who asks Hawaiii for their documentation.

3) Obama puts original stamped certificate in his Chicago campaign office, invites anyone to come look at it.

4) No one comes to look at it except Factcheck and the Chicago Sun Times.

5) Anonymous bloggers continue to say that Obama wasn't born in the US - pretend that certificate does not exist.

6) Obama says fine, takes a picture of the certificate and posts it on his website.

7) Anonymous blogger named "Polarik" says "it's a forgery" (because anonymous blogger is too stupid to understand how .jpeg compression works). No real experts ever step up to say anything of the sort.

8) Stupid people think that anonymous blogger is right, start to scream conspiracy, demand "long form" that Obama does not have and Hawaii does not issue.

9) Hawaii Department of Health says its not a forgery. (They must be in on the conspiracy!!!!)

10) Someone checks newspaper archives, finds two separate birth announcements. (They must have been planted because his mom knew in 1961 that her newborn black son would be President someday!!!!)

11) Still no one goes to look at original certificate in Chicago.

12) Obama is inaugurated. Not one of the 535 members of congress objects. (I guess they are all intimidated and blackmailed).

13) WorldNetDaily jumps on board, starts feeding the flames. WND's page hits go though the roof.

14) New rumors start to fly, made up mostly on FreeRepublic and other message boards by undereducated and paranoid people who never bother to check if what they are speculating about has any basis in reality. Every rumor is treated as true by those who want to believe.

A - "Obama must have abandoned his American citizenship and gotten an Indonesian passport because he traveled to Pakistan in 1981 when there was a travel ban against Americans going there." (problem - there never was a travel ban to Pakistan).

B - "Obama is hiding his long form - he said in Dreams From My Father that he had the original." (Problem - Obama actually said in his book that he saw it at his grandmothers house decades ago when he was a teenager. He never said he had it himself.)

C - "Obama travelled to Hawaii just before the election to destroy the original long certificate and murdered his grandmother to keep her quiet." (Oh come on...)

D - "Obama's Kenyan grandmother said on tape that she was present at his birth in Kenya." (No she didn't - if you listen to the entire tape it is clear that she is talking about being present at the birth of Barack Obama Senior, the president's father).

E - "The announcements in the Hawaiian newspaper were faked - that property has been owned by the same family since the 50s and it's not Obama's family" (problem - other records demonstrate that Obama's grandparents rented that property - ownership is not the issue).

F - "even if Obama was born in Hawaii, he's not a natural born citizen because both of his parents were not American citizens." (problem - this "legal" definition is made up by birthers from an obscure French treatise by a guy named de Vattel. Not only is there zero reason to think that the Founders intended to use de Vattel for this definition, the definition is counter to English common law (which we follow in America) and even de Vattel admits it. Ask any lawyer what they think of this theory.)

G - "Obama's mom abandoned his American citizenship to enroll him in school in Indonesia' (problem - no one can take away your American citizenship but you - not your parents, not the government, no one.)

H - "Attorney General Holder was spotted in Georgia intimidating a federal judge hearing a birther case" (LOL. Actually, some guy says he saw a guy that looks like Holder in a coffee shop - Holder was in California that day).

And so on. More and more ignorant people fall for it.

(by the way, I left out about a hundred more false rumors, all easily explained).

15) Three insane lawyers file lawsuits. The first, Phil Berg, is a 9/11 truther who believes every conspiracy ever. The second, Leo Donofrio, is a professional poker player who thinks that he is being stalked by government agents in yellow rain slickers. The third, Orly Taitz, is a dentist who graduated from correspondence law school and has never tried a case. The several hundred thousand other Republican attorneys in the country recognize a stinker when they see it, and stay well away.

The lawsuits are pathetic on the law and the facts. The lawyers get sanctioned. The birthers decide that every judge in the nation is in on the conspiracy too.

15) Rush, Hannity, Beck, Levin, Coulter and every other major conservative commentator looks into the issue, learns that it is stupidity incarnate, and refuses to play along (OMG, even THEY have been bought off or blackmailed - I weep for America)

16) Obama laughs, says what the hell. Let these people marginalize themselves all they want.

:lol:

Last edited:
Quoting "Camp": "Why are Teabaggers being attacked by Republicans? Why are the silly hatter candidates being attacked by Republicans?

"Hatters" were frequently mentally unbalanced because of occupational exposure to mercury.

Do you really see a whole lot of candidates whose employment is in the manufacture or hats these days?

Or are you just careless as well as irresponsible?

If baggers don't want to be viewed as mentally unbalanced they should stop having mentally unbalanced spokespeople and candidates.

I suppose if principles and a concern for future generations holds no importance, what you're saying would be true.

Allowing lying politicians to lie and get elected has been a hallmark of politics since politics has existed. Sad but true. :mad:

Forum List

Back