Sympathy for the Devil?

Don't you think we should be holding ourselves to a higher standard than our enemy?

Would we be tending to a higher standard, by limiting our interrogations to the practices through which our own troops are trained?

I mean I am a US Marine, who entered service in the mid 70s, who was in subjected to days of sleep deprivation, set into stress postures, subjected to long term exposure to the elements... and that was just in the first 13 weeks of training. From there I was water-boarded, subjected to isolation, starvation and forced into more mind-fuck games than you could imagine if you were given $10,000 for each would-be example.

So if we do that to our best and brightest... (Yep!) on what basis do we claim that doing so to those who murdered 3000 innocent people, which caused us to sent our young men and woman around the world to destroy governments, cripple nations and hunt down the most vile mother-f^*kers on earth, risking the lives of hundreds of thousands, costing the lives of tens of thousands and TRILLIONS of our hard earned dollars?

Hmm?

Bullshit.

So you believe that to rise to a higher standard, we should treat those who attack us, murder us by the thousands and force us to comb the world tracking them down and killing them, better than we treat our own troops?

Ok... So we now have the input of the imbecile community.

Are there any non-imbeciles that would like to offer some 'feedback'?

I believe you are full of shit. I think you were never tortured. I think that you are a marine like I'm the king of England. I think if you were ever waterboarded for real.....meaning that yiu didn't know it was a fucking test....you'd admit to sucking your daddy's dick while your dog licked peanut butter out of your asshole.

They just waterboarded and yeah, waterboarding isn't torture, right?

Water-boarding is routinely practiced in US Special Operations Training.

If it were torture, which is a practice that results in permanent damage to the body and/or mind, then that would be pretty expensive and thoroughly counter productive, wouldn't it?

What is "It"?

That's your answer? Way to go.

"That was a question. Indicated by the mark that denotes a query... OKA: > ? <

Stumped on a fundamental. Way to go... .

I believe you are full of shit. I think you were never tortured. I think that you are a marine like I'm the king of England. I think if you were ever waterboarded for real.....meaning that yiu didn't know it was a fucking test....you'd admit to sucking your daddy's dick while your dog licked peanut butter out of your asshole.

And that is relevant to what?

With regard to Water-boarding...

I tell ya what scamp. I'll give you a chance to earn $100,000 in 24 hours. All I'll ask of you is $10,000.

Now, I will give the money to my Attorney who will contact your attorney, he'll set it all up. They'll draw up the documents wherein your attorney holds you $10k in escrow and mine will hold my $100K in escrow.

There's a little process you'll need to go through, wherein you'll hide the chip.

I'll then bring you in and we'll go to work.

And I have no problem telling you exactly how it will go down.

I'll water-board you, and I am highly trained in the application of such... and with you knowing full well that I have absolutely no intentions of harming you (10K, criminal prosecution, etc, etc...).

I will strap your ass to a decline, (head down), pull a towel over your face, while pouring increasing volumes of water into your nose... as I'm doing so, my associate will be pressing down on your chest to force air from your lungs. At some point you're going to realize that you're sinuses are on FIRE because they're filled with water and that you're out of air.

You may be in exquisite physical condition, routinely swimming for long distances under water, and as a result well conditioned for extensive periods of air deprivation. If so, you've subjected yourself to considerably more 'stress' than a fat ass old man will be likely to endure... but that's no problem for me, so don't sweat it.

Now then, when the realization that you're out of air and will very soon pass out as your brain starts turning off the lights... comes rockin' in... you're going to experience an instinctive reaction, over which you have literally no control.

Now I don't mind tellin' ya, it is scary as FUCK the first time... but that is NOTHING like the second time and you don't want to know what your mind does going into the third set.

My experience tells me that IF you are of an exquisite physical specimen, you'll tell me where that chip is, somewhere in and around, round 6.

If not you'll choke it up in round 2...

But not to worry, because no matter what ya do... whatever you tell me, I send an associate out to retrieve my chip and if he doesn't find it, we start the process all over.

You'll shit your drawers as we go into first round of the second phase, and likely give up your chip before your nose even get wet. Again... assuming you're a steely eye'd bad ass.

BUT! If you last the full 24 hours... You get to keep my hundred GRAND!

You ready?

Well... you lemme know.

Last edited:
I see the right wing is up to it's old tricks again advocating torture. Now they'll have to start another thread saying it's the liberals who are the real fascists, they really are they really are, they really are. Oh, there's a thread right now doing just that.

No ya don't... The US didn't torture anyone.

But you feel free to point out the specific individuals you 'know' that have bene tortured and what they were subjected to, and I'll point how how, where and why you're full of shit.

Don't you think we should be holding ourselves to a higher standard than our enemy?

Would we be tending to a higher standard, by limiting our interrogations to the practices through which our own troops are trained?

I mean I am a US Marine, who entered service in the mid 70s, who was in subjected to days of sleep deprivation, set into stress postures, subjected to long term exposure to the elements... and that was just in the first 13 weeks of training. From there I was water-boarded, subjected to isolation, starvation and forced into more mind-fuck games than you could imagine if you were given $10,000 for each would-be example.

So if we do that to our best and brightest... (Yep!) on what basis do we claim that doing so to those who murdered 3000 innocent people, which caused us to sent our young men and woman around the world to destroy governments, cripple nations and hunt down the most vile mother-f^*kers on earth, risking the lives of hundreds of thousands, costing the lives of tens of thousands and TRILLIONS of our hard earned dollars?

Hmm?

Bullshit.

Hmm?

It makes us no better than our enemies. Also a little thing called the constitutional amendment that says no cruel or unusual punishment. And like I say, you tortures someone enough, they'll sing. No tell me, what's the difference between your attitude and the attitude of the nazis who thought torture was ok?

What is "It"?

If it were torture, which is a practice that results in permanent damage to the body and/or mind, then that would be pretty expensive and thoroughly counter productive, wouldn't it?

What is "It"?

The fundamental is we're talking on different wave lengths. But first, tell me how these countries where we illegally and unconstitutionally tortured, as well as decimated their civilian population, were ever a threat to us before we started interfering in their internal affairs like G. Washington warned us against doing. I mean, countries like Iraq. They were minding their own business you know before we went over there. Nice we could have this talk without getting nasty though.

One last thing. Waterboarding is practiced in special ops training. Ok. so you say you can resist. How do you know the subject you're waterboarding has had this training?

I see the right wing is up to it's old tricks again advocating torture. Now they'll have to start another thread saying it's the liberals who are the real fascists, they really are they really are, they really are. Oh, there's a thread right now doing just that.

No ya don't... The US didn't torture anyone.

But you feel free to point out the specific individuals you 'know' that have bene tortured and what they were subjected to, and I'll point how how, where and why you're full of shit.

Hmm?

Bullshit.

Hmm?

It makes us no better than our enemies. Also a little thing called the constitutional amendment that says no cruel or unusual punishment. And like I say, you tortures someone enough, they'll sing. No tell me, what's the difference between your attitude and the attitude of the nazis who thought torture was ok?

What is "It"?

What is "It"?

The fundamental is we're talking on different wave lengths. But first, tell me how these countries where we illegally and unconstitutionally tortured, as well as decimated their civilian population, were ever a threat to us before we started interfering in their internal affairs like G. Washington warned us against doing. I mean, countries like Iraq. They were minding their own business you know before we went over there. Nice we could have this talk without getting nasty though.

Sir, who was tortured? Names, places and specific practices employed which you need to define as torture?

If you can't do that then there's nothing to even discuss.

One last thing. Waterboarding is practiced in special ops training. Ok. so you say you can resist. How do you know the subject you're waterboarding has had this training?

Well, lemme help ya through this... NO ONE "RESISTS". Read my post above wherein I offer our fellow contributor a chance to earn $100,000 in 24 hours, risking only $10 of their own coin... wherein I demonstrate the nature of water-boarding.

First, everyone has a first time... and it SUCKS! But the second time, sucks worse and it doesn't get any better from there.

I don't give a red rats ass who ya are... you will tell whoever is doing it, whatever they want to know. And you'll walk out of there, no worse for the wear.

I tell ya what scamp. I'll give you a chance to earn $100,000 in 24 hours. All I'll ask of you is $10,000.

Now, I will give the money to my Attorney who will contact your attorney, he'll set it all up. They'll draw up the documents wherein your attorney holds you $10k in escrow and mine will hold my $100K in escrow.

There's a little process you'll need to go through, wherein you'll hide the chip.

I'll water-board you, and I am highly trained in the application of such... and with you knowing full well that I have absolutely no intentions of harming you (10K, criminal prosecution, etc, etc...).

I will strap your ass to a decline, (head down), pull a towel over your face, while pouring increasing volumes of water into your nose... as I'm doing so, my associate will be pressing down on your chest to force air from your lungs. At some point you're going to realize that you're sinuses are on FIRE because they're filled with water and that you're out of air.

You may be in exquisite physical condition, routinely swimming for long distances under water, and as a result well conditioned for extensive periods of air deprivation. If so, you've subjected yourself to considerably more 'stress' than a fat ass old man will be likely to endure... but that's no problem for me, so don't sweat it.

Now then, when the realization that you're out of air and will very soon pass out as your brain starts turning off the lights... comes rockin' in... you're going to experience an instinctive reaction, over which you have literally no control.

Now I don't mind tellin' ya, it is scary as FUCK the first time... but that is NOTHING like the second time and you don't want to know what your mind does going into the third set.

My experience tells me that IF you are of an exquisite physical specimen, you'll tell me where that chip is, somewhere in and around, round 6.

But not to worry, because no matter what ya do... whatever you tell me, I send an associate out to retrieve my chip and if he doesn't find it, we start the process all over.

You'll shit your drawers as we go into first round of the second phase, and likely give up your chip before your nose even get wet. Again... assuming you're a steely eye'd bad ass.

You ready?

Well... you lemme know.

It's been a while scamp. Ya seem to be sufferin' a 'bout of reticence here. What's the problem?

There was no torture in interrogations here. You missed the point.
As to your question, I suppose variety is the spice of life and for people who committed actual torture, as opposed to what our CIA did, the desire to inflict pain in multiple ways on one's fellow human beings presented a certain attraction for some sick people.

Hmmmmmm. There was definitely torture here. You would do well to accept that fact.

You think the invention is due to entertainment value? How very simple of you.

I'm thinking the constant invention is an attempt to find something that actually works. Since we know that torture does not work....it makes total sense.
Then we better start prosecuting everyone who "tortures" starting with every police station in the nation. I'll even have to turn myself in for scaring my kids with the Travelocity gnome statue. (You don't want to make it angry) Because if we start with the absurd notion that mental anguish is torture, then every teacher, drill sergeant, and police detective will end up in jail.

We tortured, idiot. Accept it.
Repetition punctuated by a pejorative. You sound desperate. Do you always get a panicky feeling when you lose arguments?

I haven't lost anything. I've been forced to repeat facts by idiots who refuse to accept them. I'm going to keep doing so. This is a fact. The United States employed torture techniques while interrogating prisoners of war. We did it. Period.[/QUOTE

You can't turn fiction into fact by repetition but you can look mighty foolish trying.

We do have the moral high ground whether you agree or not! If we didn't we would be chopping off heads as well.
To even try to equate the two is really egregious.
Giving up the moral high ground to your enemies is bad PR, tends to be a good recruiting tool for terrorists though. Counter insurgency 101.

OK. Let's go with that. So about half of what the CIA did was not physical torture at all. Keeping people awake. Pretending to threaten to kill them. Pretending to threaten their families. Nothing physical there. Are you OK with that?
You are in a rhetorical minefield, ain't ya? The last thing you want to address is the ACTUAL TORTURE. Water boarding, probes inserted, mock executions. Dance around, simpleton, dance! You don't have what it takes to discuss the actual torture because either you know in whatever recesses of your being you keep your honesty, it was indeed torture. Or you are too dense to comprehend what torture really is.

I'll leave it to others to make that determination on their own. It should not be tough for anyone with more guts than you.
I should have known you were in no way fit to have a serious discussion. Perhaps if the topic was toilets you might do better. Maybe.
We are trying to determine what you think "the actual torture" is. So far it seems anything the Bush Administration did was actual torture, while anything the Obama Administration does is okey dokey.
And there's yet another sidestep. Once you have been cornered, you drag good oil' Obama into the mix.

You sir, are truly an idiot.
You cannot defend your position and that makes me the idiot. Got it.
I can defend my position. But you make a moving target. I said interrogation and you read apprehension and control. I said torture is using pain as an interrogation technique, you talked about a cop handcuffing a street perp.

Talking with you is like telling a six year old "After we clean the garage, we'll go to McDonald's!" Then the kid does everything in his limited power to avoid cleaning the garage and insists that we should leave for McDonald's right now!

Remember this, my slow witted friend, attention to the posts means honesty at least. You seem to not be all that honest in your thinking.
You fail every single time.
I point out the flaws in your defintiions and you move them, or deflect to something else. Or throw insults.
Your definition seems to be: Bush did it, therefore it must be bad.
Go ahead. Tell me what torture is, and define it in such a way that it could not be applied to situations that regularly occur.

The Liberals here are full of shit as usual. If it were their kids, or their family they torture someone until they gave information to try and save their kids and family.

If they say they wouldn't they are lying, are kitty cats, or had their balls cut off somewhere in the past.

I stand by my earlier statements, and continue to believe these libs are full of it.

If torture worked......I probably would. It doesn't. So.....nope.
So then we would disagree..............and that is all.....................

Now please continue with the BS that we are raping little girls and other shit which are absolute lies on this thread........don't remember whether it was you or the old school punk who stated that though.

It isn't a disagreement. It's you being wrong. Torture does not work. If you tortured someone who had your kid and was threatening to kill, you'd likely do more harm than good. It's an emotional reaction. It isn't an intelligent one.

And...keep your shit straight.
Again, we disagree............it's that simple..........

Der.....no. You are wrong. It isn't a disagreement when you are wrong. It is you being wrong. Identify it accurately please.
Wow, your argument continues to be: Torture doesnt work because torture doesnt work. Here's a link to some asshole saying that as well.
Opinion is not fact. Repeat that sentence about 1000 times and then come back to us.

Maybe you should start a thread called tickle me elmo.....................'

TIckle our enemies enough and they give you all the information you ever needed................

Some choose to live in reality................others choose to live in a Utopian world that doesn't exist.

Torture someone enough and they'll tell you anything you want to hear. Anyway, no cruel or unusual punishment's in one of the amendments.
You unerstand that enhanced interrogation is not a punishment, right?

Hmm?

Bullshit.

So you believe that to rise to a higher standard, we should treat those who attack us, murder us by the thousands and force us to comb the world tracking them down and killing them, better than we treat our own troops?

Ok... So we now have the input of the imbecile community.

Are there any non-imbeciles that would like to offer some 'feedback'?

I think you're projecting your own experiences with regard to daddy and dog.

Hmmmmmm. There was definitely torture here. You would do well to accept that fact.

You think the invention is due to entertainment value? How very simple of you.

I'm thinking the constant invention is an attempt to find something that actually works. Since we know that torture does not work....it makes total sense.
Then we better start prosecuting everyone who "tortures" starting with every police station in the nation. I'll even have to turn myself in for scaring my kids with the Travelocity gnome statue. (You don't want to make it angry) Because if we start with the absurd notion that mental anguish is torture, then every teacher, drill sergeant, and police detective will end up in jail.

We tortured, idiot. Accept it.
Repetition punctuated by a pejorative. You sound desperate. Do you always get a panicky feeling when you lose arguments?

I haven't lost anything. I've been forced to repeat facts by idiots who refuse to accept them. I'm going to keep doing so. This is a fact. The United States employed torture techniques while interrogating prisoners of war. We did it. Period.[/QUOTE

You can't turn fiction into fact by repetition but you can look mighty foolish trying.
It's all he's got. He can't argue logically because to him fact and opinion mean pretty much the same thing.

You ready?

Well... you lemme know.

It's been a while scamp. Ya seem to be sufferin' a 'bout of reticence here. What's the problem?

Oh look everyone! Another retired tough guy who's got shitloads of extra cash to bet on an anonymous message board! Cool! And this one is an expert at administering the torture technique known as waterboarding! How fortunate we are. We've got such outstanding nutters posting here.

Torture doesn't work.

You ready?

Well... you lemme know.

Your hundred grand is safe my friend cause LL is all talk. He talks quite well but talk is talk.

I have a friend who went through waterboarding while he was a marine. He said is was uncomfortable and it scared the shit out of him but he was no worse for wear when it was over.

Some idiots consider it torture. Me? I consider it a way to get info.

Torture: Thats pulling out peoles fingernails, hooking electrical wires up to their balls, beating them with barbed wire or bamboo rods or enduriing what McCain endured as a POW in NV. Thats torture. Waterboarding ain't even close.

Of course we have a country full of handwringing idiots who think those dirtbag jihadists should be treated with kid gloves. Hell. Gitmo is a vacationland for em. Its the best they have ever eaten or lived in in their entire lives. We Americans are soft and these handwringers show just how soft we are. Idiots one and all.

Last edited:
OK libs. Who will answer honestly?

Let's say you caught someone that knew where your child was that going to be killed (for whatever purpose, let's say it's a sacrifice children to Baal cult) and you didn't have much time. How far would you go to get information?

Nutters use the ticking time bomb game......trying to equate personal anguish with national character. It is an insult to the intelligence of others.

Torture doesn't work. I'd buy the suspect a beer and a sandwich....engage him or her in discussions and try to gain trust so that he or she tells me the truth regarding what he or she knows.

If I fail....and my child was killed....I'd cut that fucker open at his neck and shit down his throat.

Good answer, dummy?
If it's an honest answer it's a good answer. But it doesn't sound like an honest answer.

Are you fucking kidding me? It was absolutely honest. I KNOW that torture does not work. It never has. I would never employ torture in a situation like that. Never.
So you two libs would let your child die. I thought so.

Jackass.
You would let your child die and I'm the jackass?

Hey I got an idea whursmykeys.

How about I get to water board you for days on end. Looking for that "chip" that you hid. But you don't know that the chip got moved and you can't tell me where it is. No matter how many water boards you ride.

Are you being tortured then? If you don't have any information to give and keep on getting water boarded, is that
"torture"?

You make the call dude. You seem to be real sure water boarding isn't torture. But when you are being water boarded and can't tell anyone anything of value, what is it then?

Forum List

Back