Supreme Court justices RIP ruling forcing states to recognize same-sex marriages - 'Threat To Religious Freedom!'

"stop promoting it"? :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: "It's purely about rejection."? :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:
So you think gay's fight to legalizing gay marriage was about being accepted by society? Please explain how being able to get a marriage license would make them more accepted.

I don't know what planet you are from but gays are being accepted particular by younger people.

When did I ever say only religious people are normal? Why do you liberals lie about what we said right in front of us as if we weren't there?

Normal is what most people do. That's what normal is. Traditional marriage is the union of one man and one woman.
Normal is a subjective term. What you consider normal may be very different than what I consider normal and would certainly be different from those living in a homeless camp, refugee center, in a South Chicago neighborhood ruled by gangs, Atherton, Ca. where the average household income is 10 times the national average, or Salinas, Ca. where the population is 78% Hispanic.

Normal is a setting on a washing machine.

Sadly, the Supreme Court is fucked now.

Americans can not count on any Justice coming from this Supreme Court anymore.

LOL

Keep whining, it's music to muh Liberal ears as you flail, unable to refute the bitch-slapping you're taking.
Nobody is whining DUMBASS ...

Post an intelligent response .....

Not gonna happen ....

Just saying ...

Nobody is whining DUMBASS ...

Post an intelligent response .....

Not gonna happen ....

Just saying ...
I already did. I gave examples of others who had to choose between work and their religion and their rights were not violated. You simply lack the ability to understand. That's on you, nobody else. I can live with that.

Here's another example...

The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday handed a victory to Walgreens, turning away an appeal by a fired former Florida employee of the pharmacy chain who asked not to work on Saturdays for religious reasons as a member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

The justices declined to review a lower court ruling in Darrell Patterson’s religious discrimination lawsuit that concluded that his demand to never work on Saturday, observed as the Sabbath by Seventh-day Adventists, placed an undue hardship on Walgreens.

... here's where you bitch & moan some more.

:abgg2q.jpg:

Back in the day marriage had nothing to do with government which is why it was never addressed. Marriage was a religious rite and government had nothing to do with dictating religion. As time went on government got involved with this rite and that's why it's a problem now.
In Colonial Times most marriages were not religions ceremonies. Church weddings as such were rare. A minister was often asked to preform a ceremony in the house of the bride or groom. In poorer families often the father of the bride might give away his daughter in a family ceremony. Many of the marriages were arrange by the parents of the bride. The bride might be taken to the dwelling of the husband. Handshakes and hugs were exchanged, maybe a celebratory drink and possibly a dowry was paid and that was often the marriage ceremony. In North Carolina, agreement between the families was made and the marriage was announced 3 times to make it legal. Most couples did not bother with marriage licenses because of cost. Common law marriages were typical. Pregnant brides were not uncommon. The marriage was about property and reproduction.

The idea of romantic love as a prerequisite for marriage grew out of the popularity of novels in the 1800's and Church weddings began replacing the family ceremony. The need for a proof of marriage in a standardize format for insurance, banking, inheritance, and taxes led to the requirement that marriages be licensed in the late 19th century and early 20th century.

I already did. I gave examples of others who had to choose between work and their religion and their rights were not violated. You simply lack the ability to understand. That's on you, nobody else. I can live with that.

Here's another example...

The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday handed a victory to Walgreens, turning away an appeal by a fired former Florida employee of the pharmacy chain who asked not to work on Saturdays for religious reasons as a member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
The justices declined to review a lower court ruling in Darrell Patterson’s religious discrimination lawsuit that concluded that his demand to never work on Saturday, observed as the Sabbath by Seventh-day Adventists, placed an undue hardship on Walgreens.

... here's where you bitch & moan some more.

:abgg2q.jpg:
Dumbass ...

Your comment is irrelevant and certainly not a rebuttal ....

Go away little guy ...

Dumbass ...

Your comment is irrelevant and certainly not a rebuttal ....

Go away little guy ...
Not my problem you're too ignorant to comprehend the relevance. You trying to blindly dismiss it is a fail on your part. I have no problem with that.

That ALL states MUST recognize same-sex MARRIAGES is found NO WHERE in the U.S. Constitution, & such a forced mandate on Religious persons and institutions poses a threat to religious freedom!

"Justices Clarence Thomas and Samuel Alito said Monday that Obergefell v. Hodges, the Supreme Court case that mandated all states recognize same-sex marriages, is "found nowhere in the text" of the Constitution and threatens "the religious liberty of the many Americans who believe that marriage is a sacred institution between one man and one woman."

"The statement was written by Thomas and joined by Alito about the case of Kim Davis, a former Kentucky county clerk who said she would not give same-sex couples marriage licenses. The two justices said they agreed with the consensus of the court that it should not take Davis' case, but only because it did not "cleanly present" the "important questions about the scope of our decision in Obergefell."

Thomas and Alito dissented from the original Obergefell decision and their statement Monday could indicate that they would vote to overturn it if presented the chance."

"Obergefell enables courts and governments to brand religious adherents who believe that marriage is between one man and one woman as bigots, making their religious liberty concerns that much easier to dismiss," he wrote. "In other words, Obergefell was read to suggest that being a public official with traditional Christian values was legally tantamount to invidious discrimination toward homosexuals."

Just because you have a deep RELIGIOUS conviction regarding marriage being between a man and a woman and does not include same-sex marriages does NOT make one a Bigot or Homophobe and protects that religious belief / conviction.

Thomas added: "This assessment flows directly from Obergefell’s language, which characterized such views as 'disparag[ing]' homosexuals and 'diminish[ing] their personhood' through '[d]ignitary wounds.'"

:clap2:

How does same sex marriage impact your life or your religious faith?

How does same sex marriage impact your life or your religious faith?
Show me in the Constitution where it gives the US govt authority to make Same-Sex Marriage mandates.

You can't argue with what I posted above so you ask me how it affects me personally, which is irrelevant ... like you.

Show me in the Constitution where it gives the US govt authority to make Same-Sex Marriage mandates.

You can't argue with what I posted above so you ask me how it affects me personally, which is irrelevant ... like you.
Show me where the federal government has any authority over any marriages at all.

As far as the state is concerned marriage is just a property contract.

Show me where the federal government has any authority over any marriages at all.

Yup...Gender/Race have no Constitutional Ban..nor approval. That which is not expressly forbidden is allowed. That's freedom. It's the religious nutz that fuck it all up~

Yup...Gender/Race have no Constitutional Ban..nor approval. That which is not expressly forbidden is allowed. That's freedom. It's the religious nutz that fuck it all up~
I have to agree with that.

The thing is the government should not recognize any religious marriages and should not give any clergy person the power to act for the state

I agree with you on this one.

Liberals are not satisfied with this, though. They (seem to) want to force others to accept Same-Sex UNIONS as MARRIAGES, complete with the Christian connotations / inferences of a union of 2 people blessed by God. Since God is opposed to homosexuality this is a huge problem for many in the country, causing huge opposition.

I personally don't care if 2 peoe of the same sex get together, spend their whole lives together, and have every legal benefit as heterosexual married couples.

I have a problem when the govt steps in and attempts to tell someone they must violate their religeous beliefs to bake a wedding cake for a same-sex couple or conduct abortions.

The courts made the right, legal decisions.
- There are other bakeries willing to give you what you want. Go to one of them.
- There are other doctors and hospitals that perform abortions - go to one of them.

Liberals are not satisfied with this, though. They (seem to) want to force others to accept Same-Sex UNIONS as MARRIAGES, complete with the Christian connotations / inferences of a union of 2 people blessed by God. Since God is opposed to homosexuality this is a huge problem for many in the country, causing huge opposition.

I personally don't care if 2 peoe of the same sex get together, spend their whole lives together, and have every legal benefit as heterosexual married couples.

I have a problem when the govt steps in and attempts to tell someone they must violate their religeous beliefs to bake a wedding cake for a same-sex couple or conduct abortions.

The courts made the right, legal decisions.
- There are other bakeries willing to give you what you want. Go to one of them.
- There are other doctors and hospitals that perform abortions - go to one of them.
The word marriage does not necessarily imply any religious trappings. And a cake certainly doesn't.

And if you're fine with all businesses being free from public accommodation laws then you're OK with people denying you service because of your religion right? Or would you be complaining about signs that say "No Christians Allowed"?

Liberals are not satisfied with this, though. They (seem to) want to force others to accept Same-Sex UNIONS as MARRIAGES, complete with the Christian connotations / inferences of a union of 2 people blessed by God. ...
I don't think atheists are too concerned with being blessed by God. They are too busy trying to convince themselves that they ARE God.

I don't think atheists are too concerned with being blessed by God. They are too busy trying to convince themselves that they ARE God.
I'm not an atheist.

But the government should still not give any clergy the power to act for the state in the ratifying of legal contracts like marriage.

Forum List

Back