Is the theocratic authoritarianism of the GOP on the rise or in eclipse?

With a weaponized Supreme Court latching onto make-believe cases to legislate that discrimination against legal marriages is legal, where is the nation headed?

John Adams who wrote to his wife Abigail that “My religion you know is not exactly conformable to that of the greatest part of the Christian World,” proclaimed in the Treaty of Tripoli that “the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion.”

Thomas Jefferson, intensely interested in religious philosophy and an enthusiastic proponent of religions freedom, emphasize the need for “a wall of separation between church and state.”

RENDER UNTO CAESAR...

Did a fake Mexican-financed wall builder play a role in tearing down Jefferson's?View attachment 801228
For, verily, I proclaim unto you
"I did try and f*ck her, she was married...

And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything...
Grab them by the p*ssy. You can do anything!"

Has there been backsliding from patriotic, fundamental principles?

One religious sect that has been increasing politically-intrusive, Southern Baptists, lost nearly half a million members in 2022

The long, slow decline of the nation’s largest Protestant denomination continues.

Membership in the Southern Baptist Convention was down by nearly half a million in 2022…

the SBC had 13.2 million members in 2022, down from 13.68 million in 2021. That loss of 457,371 members is the largest in more than a century…

Once a denomination of 16.3 million, the SBC has declined by 1.5 million members since 2018, and by more than 3 million members since 2006. The COVID-19 pandemic played a role in the downturn, as did the reality that as older members die off, there are fewer young people to replace them.

What remain the nation's largest Protestant denomination is still adamant that a woman should submit to the will of her man, even if he’s a flaming anal aperture.

It decrees that a woman’s reproductive freedom should be abrogated to politicians, predominantly men, of course.

It vehemently opposes gender equality in marriage, in contrast to the overwhelming majority of Americans who are supportive of it.

Dominated by aging white men without a college degree, it is in denial of scientific awareness, particularly in climatology, and in medicine that recognizes conditions such as gender dysphoria. The thumpers insist that children suffering from the condition must be neglected rather than treated.

It’s hardly surprising that their veneration of a court-declared sexual abuser remains fanatical. The shrinking Southern Baptist Convention remains a seething hotbed of Trumpery,

Bart Barber, after being re-elected president of the Southern Baptist Convention, called Trump “a demonstrably evil man.”

“He’s vain, vulgar, vicious and vindictive,” Al Jackson, a retired pastor from Auburn, Alabama succinctly summed up the sore loser of the 2020 presidential election.

And what rough beast,
its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born

View attachment 801231

Oh look, a troll.

I would have bet anything that this couldn't happen here.

90 years later, it's back. Fuckin' incredible.
My wife has frequently me that I undervalue irrationality as a human motivator.

Although a widely unpopular electoral choice, the prospect of Biden vs Trump in 2024 should insure sanity will prevail - unless there is a younger third-party moderate that can attract enough votes in critical states away from the President.

In that case, disaster will ensue.

My wife has frequently me that I undervalue irrationality as a human motivator.

Although a widely unpopular electoral choice, the prospect of Biden vs Trump in 2024 should insure sanity will prevail - unless there is a younger third-party moderate that can attract enough votes in critical states away from the President.

In that case, disaster will ensue.
If either Trump or Biden win by a very narrow margin, disaster will follow.
As much as I would love to see '24 settle something, there's no way that's going to happen.

Y'know, being a 50/50 country could be just fine. It could be fantastic. The two ends recognizing the obvious, that they need to communicate, collaborate, innovate, so that we all have skin in the game. Which, I'd think, was pretty much the point of the whole thing when the Constitution was adopted.

Being 50/50 could be a huge advantage. Instead, we're absolutely blowing the opportunity. What a terrible, stupid, pointless, self-inflicted wound this is.

Last edited:
It isn't a lie. Taking away Christian rights is the Democrat agenda. YOU lie when you claim it isn't.
“Evangelicals in churches and state houses across the country support laws and political systems that brutalize and imprison MILLIONS of African Americans, that deny equal rights and protections to LGBT people and tacitly support violence toward them, and seek to deny women the right to govern their own bodies, often with threats or outright acts of physical violence. They seem hell-bent on ejecting science from education and replacing it with their own creationist ideas.”

Such is the authoritarian Christo-fascist right.

“Evangelicals in churches and state houses across the country support laws and political systems that brutalize and imprison MILLIONS of African Americans, that deny equal rights and protections to LGBT people and tacitly support violence toward them, and seek to deny women the right to govern their own bodies, often with threats or outright acts of physical violence. They seem hell-bent on ejecting science from education and replacing it with their own creationist ideas.”

Such is the authoritarian Christo-fascist right.

There's no such thing as LGBTQ rights. Everyone in the USA has equal rights. Abortion is legal in most states. Biology is science, yet you reject the science every day with your totalitarian agenda. Goebbels would be proud of your propaganda. Fucking nuts.

As much as I would love to see '24 settle something, there's no way that's going to happen.

Y'know, being a 50/50 country could be just fine. It could be fantastic. The two ends recognizing the obvious, that they need to communicate, collaborate, innovate, so that we all have skin in the game. Which, I'd think, was pretty much the point of the whole thing when the Constitution was adopted.

Being 50/50 could be a huge advantage. Instead, we're absolutely blowing the opportunity. What a terrible, stupid, pointless, self-inflicted wound this is.
If the disparate groupings in a 50/50 divide can shake hands and converse across the equator, that's one thing. If they wave fists and shout from the antipodes, that's quite another.

If the disparate groupings in a 50/50 divide can shake hands and converse across the equator, that's one thing. If they wave fists and shout from the antipodes, that's quite another.
Very true, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

For example, here are a few Christian "demands".
1. No teaching of sexuality in schools, no gay shit, no tranny shit.
2. Your sex is determined by your chromosomes. That is who you compete against in sports.
3. university leftist programming centers must become politically neutral
4. There shall be no CRT propaganda teachings in schools
5. No creeping attacks on family values & religious beliefs
6. lawless prosecutors must be removed
7. The drug culture must be opposed vigorously
8. School boards shall be responsive to parents' concerns, calling parents “domestic terrorists” means removal from school boards
9. The US military recruiters shall be welcome and respected in all schools
10. Parental rights are paramount
11. Religious beliefs shall be respected, calling Catholics “domestic terrorists” prohibited
12. Christmas and religious holidays shall be respected.
13. The Founding Fathers shall be respected, slave owners or not
14. Fake history (1619, etc) and racism, in all forms shall be prohibited.
15. Late term abortions, after 15 weeks are prohibited
16. National history, Patriotism, the American flag, and THE 4TH OF JULY shall be respected.

Descartes' reaction to his exposure to American evangelical Christians.

357554280_6197015307087022_7982397840944174445_n.jpg

Very true, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

For example, here are a few Christian "demands".
1. No teaching of sexuality in schools, no gay shit, no tranny shit.
2. Your sex is determined by your chromosomes. That is who you compete against in sports.
3. university leftist programming centers must become politically neutral
4. There shall be no CRT propaganda teachings in schools
5. No creeping attacks on family values & religious beliefs
6. lawless prosecutors must be removed
7. The drug culture must be opposed vigorously
8. School boards shall be responsive to parents' concerns, calling parents “domestic terrorists” means removal from school boards
9. The US military recruiters shall be welcome and respected in all schools
10. Parental rights are paramount
11. Religious beliefs shall be respected, calling Catholics “domestic terrorists” prohibited
12. Christmas and religious holidays shall be respected.
13. The Founding Fathers shall be respected, slave owners or not
14. Fake history (1619, etc) and racism, in all forms shall be prohibited.
15. Late term abortions, after 15 weeks are prohibited
16. National history, Patriotism, the American flag, and THE 4TH OF JULY shall be respected.
The metastasizing authoritarianism in the GOP goes well beyond the State dictating gender identity to every American, superseding medical science in doing so, bureaucrats abrogating reproductive freedom, book bans, and "pc" prohibitions such as "Don't say 'gay'!", etc.

Religious freedom is universal. I have no problem with officially recognizing Christmas, Yom Kippur, , Eid al-Fitr, etc.

Statist intrusions into local affairs can be dangerous as well as repugnant:

The metastasizing authoritarianism in the GOP goes well beyond the State dictating gender identity to every American, superseding medical science in doing so, bureaucrats abrogating reproductive freedom, book bans, and "pc" prohibitions such as "Don't say 'gay'!", etc.
Religious freedom is universal. I have no problem with officially recognizing Christmas, Yom Kippur, , Eid al-Fitr, etc.
Statist intrusions into local affairs can be dangerous as well as repugnant:
So we can't agree on governmental policies? No discussion? Just whining? Ok.
1. Birth gender is determined by chromosomes, as per science. You can dress up however you like, or get the operation after age 18.
2. Abortion limits of 15 weeks works in the EU, after that the fetus is officially a person. Late term abortions are barbaric.
3. You can say "gay" all you want, just NOT in the classroom

statist intrusions? or parental rights?

Forum List

Back