Supreme Court justices RIP ruling forcing states to recognize same-sex marriages - 'Threat To Religious Freedom!'

I have to agree with that.

The thing is the government should not recognize any religious marriages and should not give any clergy person the power to act for the state

A religeous marriage is one where a couple us joined while asking for God's recognition and blessing of the union.
- Its spiritual / religeous.

The govt demanding there be licenses, fees, and administrative filings for govt recognition of the legal contract, which includes govt / legal benefits and obligations, is different.
- Its 'worldly' / legal.

At least that is how I see it.

Show me in the Constitution where it gives the US govt authority to make Same-Sex Marriage mandates.

You can't argue with what I posted above so you ask me how it affects me personally, which is irrelevant ... like you.

Where the Constitution reads, nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

A religeous marriage is one where a couple us joined while asking for God's recognition and blessing of the union.

The govt demanding there be licenses, fees, and administrative filings for govt recognition of the legal contract, which includes govt / legal benefits and obligations, is different.
- Its 'worldly' / legal.

In other countries all marriages require a civil hearing ( ceremony) where the couple getting married present themselves before a representative of the government and enter into the legal marriage contract.

If they want to have a religious ceremony they can but only the civil ceremony is recognized by the government.

Where the Constitution reads, nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Exactly and marriage is nothing but a property contract that any 2 people can enter into.

And if you're fine with all businesses being free from public accommodation laws then you're OK with people denying you service because of your religion right?
The law / courts are tasked with protecting someone's rights with the least invasive, oppressive means.

THAT means if there are other businesses that are willing to provide the service the same-sex couple wants then the govt can not step in and force that 1 business that does not based on religeous beliefs to do so.

If you have a problem with that, I suggest you take it up with your representatives and / or the USSC.

In other countries all marriages require a civil hearing ( ceremony) where the couple getting married present themselves before a representative of the government and enter into the legal marriage contract.

If they want to have a religious ceremony they can but only the civil ceremony is recognized by the government.
Same sex couples here seem to want to demand they be 1 and the same.

The law / courts are tasked with protecting someone's rights with the least invasive, oppressive means.

THAT means if there are other businesses that are willing to provide the service the same-sex couple wants then the govt can not step in and force that 1 business that does not based on religeous beliefs to do so.

If you have a problem with that, I suggest you take it up with your representatives and / or the USSC.
But the laws have to apply equally to all and no one is owed any special treatment.

If you exempt one business from the law then you have to exempt them all.

The government cannot grant Christians special status to be exempt from any law.

But the laws have to apply equally to all and no one is owed any special treatment.

If you exempt one business from the law then you have to exempt them all.

The government cannot grant Christians special status to be exempt from any law.
Again, the USSC has already decided this. Since you so strongly object to their ruling you should take this up with them.

Good luck with that.

Show me in the Constitution where it gives the US govt authority to make Same-Sex Marriage mandates.

You can't argue with what I posted above so you ask me how it affects me personally, which is irrelevant ... like you.

14th Amendment requires equal protection under the laws

Homosexuals therefore are entitled to the same marriage protections as anyone else

Show me where the Constitution says marriage is between a man and a woman

Same sex couples here seem to want to demand they be 1 and the same.

Seems to me they want to be allowed to marry the person they love just like straight folks get to do.

Equal protection under the law. Why do you hate the Constitution?

As far as the government is concerned they are just 2 people entering into a property contract
But here in the US, like it or not, you are dealing with the govt AND the public.

As you know, whether it be abortion or same sex marriage, public opposition to or support for an issue is important.

But here in the US, like it or not, you are dealing with the govt AND the public.

As you know, whether it be abortion or same sex marriage, public opposition to or support for an issue is important.
Rights are not subject to mob rule.

and yet those rulings change quite frequently so why would you trust SCOTUS?
Just because you snowflakes are pissed a ruling did not go your way Democrats called for violence against tbe USSC, personally threatened the USSC, incited an attempted political assassination against them, have attempted to undermine the USSC, and even openly called for an actual insurrection...

What was that you said about the law / rights and mob rule?

Last edited:
Just because you snowflakes are pissed a ruling did not go your way Democrats called for violence against tbe USSC, personally threatened the USSC, incited an attempted political assassination against them, have attempted to undermine the USSC, and even openly called for an actual insurrection...

What was that you said about the law / rights and mob rule?
You mean like the way you were all wound up about abortion for the past 50 years? Seems like you aren't taking your own advice and just accepting every SCOTUS ruling, Hypocrite.

And FYI I am neither a democrat nor a republican because it is the corrupt duopoly that has fucked everything up.

You mean like the way you were all wound up about abortion for the past 50 years? Seems like you aren't taking your own advice and just accepting every SCOTUS ruling, Hypocrite.

And FYI I am neither a democrat nor a republican because it is the corrupt duopoly that has fucked everything up

Again, if you have a problem with the USSC court's decision why don't you join your fellow snowflakes in birming down another church or marching outside one of the Justices' homes instead of wasting your time trying to.pestor me?!

- Its 'worldly' / legal.

And the only one same sex couples care about is the worldly one.

Forum List

Back