Suppose Trump is elected. How long will the GOP elite allow him to stay president?

I believe there will be a bipartisan effort to impeach him. Same with Clinton.
Definitely a bipartisan effort to impeach Trump. They won't have any choice. High crimes and misdemeanors.

But Hillary? They have been going after her for over 30 years. Like I said, unlimited taxpayer money and the full resources of the FBI and CIA. And can't find anything.

And "private server" aren't "magic words". Not when so many in Washington used a private server. And Colin's AOL account was way, way worse than a private server. Everyone knows that. And Republicans will have to explain why they didn't go after Colin and Condi for turning over ZERO emails after they were ordered to. For some reason, the media just won't report the double standard. But if Hillary becomes President, I believe they will be forced to.

The Federal Records Act was modified in 2009 that made what Clinton did expressly illegal. It has been implied by Federal Law since at least 1999 that personal emails were prohibited for Government communications but since 2009 it has been clearly stated.

She broke the law in no uncertain terms. Now we find that all her closest advisors have also.

Oh and the dirt in her communications shows everyone just how much of a low down slug she is.
Not only did she violate the law for this offense but she did so because she was violating so many other laws that she thought that violating this one would help to keep her safe.

She a complete piece of shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh wow, you know what the law is and no one else does?

Not!

In Clinton’s defense, we should note that it was only after Clinton left the State Department, that the National Archives issued a recommendation that government employees should avoid conducting official business on personal emails (though they noted there might be extenuating circumstances such as an emergency that require it). Additionally, in 2014, President Barack Obama signed changes to the Federal Records Act that explicitly said federal officials can only use personal email addresses if they also copy or send the emails to their official account.

Because these rules weren’t in effect when Clinton was in office, "she was in compliance with the laws and regulations at the time," said Gary Bass, founder and former director of OMB Watch, a government accountability organization.

Hillary Clinton's email: Did she follow all the rules?

Try 2014.

Nope 2009, you fucking dumbass

36 CFR Chapter 12, Subchapter B, sections 1230 through 1236.

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2009-10-02/pdf/E9-23613.pdf

I know how to read. She broke the rules and it's 100% clear that she did it intentionally and willingly. She wanted to hide her treasonous double dealing. Now she's caught and should go to jail like anyone else. Many have been sentenced for far less than what she has done.

Remember, Trump has made enemies of the entire GOP elite.

His Trump Foundation is under multiple investigations. They've already been found guilty once and that's just the tip if the iceberg.

The Trump U trial starts Nov 28th and it's very unlikely Trump will win. And when he loses, he will be open to criminal charges.

His financials will come under intense scrutiny just for national security. That means the 650 million he owes to the Bank and China, India and Russia will be closely looked at.

Trump could have the shortest presidency in the history of the United States. And the media will take a severe lashing for not seriously vetting Trump. Even giving him free infomercials for his golf courses and hotels.

More and more stories like the one below will come out and the media will be under intense scrutiny. Most Republicans don't even know Trump has upcoming court dates.

Donald Trump Cut Off Medical Support For Baby In Will Battle With Late Brother's Family
Wills, Trusts & Estates Prof Blog

Trump will end up disgraced. The GOP will pay a terrible price at the mid terms and the media will lose a lot of it's talking heads for not doing their job.

All this if Trump is elected.

So what it is you think will happen if he becomes president? Thoughts?
Trump has effectively destroyed the GOP'ers....there are only a few of the domestic terrorists left to root out and send back to the democrats where they came from...

His Trump Foundation is under multiple investigations. They've already been found guilty once and that's just the tip if the iceberg.

The Trump U trial starts Nov 28th and it's very unlikely Trump will win. And when he loses, he will be open to criminal charges.

His financials will come under intense scrutiny just for national security. That means the 650 million he owes to the Bank and China, India and Russia will be closely looked at.

Trump could have the shortest presidency in the history of the United States. And the media will take a severe lashing for not seriously vetting Trump. Even giving him free infomercials for his golf courses and hotels.

More and more stories like the one below will come out and the media will be under intense scrutiny. Most Republicans don't even know Trump has upcoming court dates.

Donald Trump Cut Off Medical Support For Baby In Will Battle With Late Brother's Family

Trump will end up disgraced. The GOP will pay a terrible price at the mid terms and the media will lose a lot of it's talking heads for not doing their job.

Derpy.....are you getting worried all of a sudden? Just a few days ago you were proclaiming the shrilary as victor and dictator for life. What's happened?
You're a lying c@cksucker. I never proclaimed any such thing. Anyone that knows me, knows I don't proclaim such things until AFTER the last ballot is counted. Never underestimate the stupidity of the GOP.

Definitely a bipartisan effort to impeach Trump. They won't have any choice. High crimes and misdemeanors.

But Hillary? They have been going after her for over 30 years. Like I said, unlimited taxpayer money and the full resources of the FBI and CIA. And can't find anything.

And "private server" aren't "magic words". Not when so many in Washington used a private server. And Colin's AOL account was way, way worse than a private server. Everyone knows that. And Republicans will have to explain why they didn't go after Colin and Condi for turning over ZERO emails after they were ordered to. For some reason, the media just won't report the double standard. But if Hillary becomes President, I believe they will be forced to.

The Federal Records Act was modified in 2009 that made what Clinton did expressly illegal. It has been implied by Federal Law since at least 1999 that personal emails were prohibited for Government communications but since 2009 it has been clearly stated.

She broke the law in no uncertain terms. Now we find that all her closest advisors have also.

Oh and the dirt in her communications shows everyone just how much of a low down slug she is.
Not only did she violate the law for this offense but she did so because she was violating so many other laws that she thought that violating this one would help to keep her safe.

Not!

In Clinton’s defense, we should note that it was only after Clinton left the State Department, that the National Archives issued a recommendation that government employees should avoid conducting official business on personal emails (though they noted there might be extenuating circumstances such as an emergency that require it). Additionally, in 2014, President Barack Obama signed changes to the Federal Records Act that explicitly said federal officials can only use personal email addresses if they also copy or send the emails to their official account.

Because these rules weren’t in effect when Clinton was in office, "she was in compliance with the laws and regulations at the time," said Gary Bass, founder and former director of OMB Watch, a government accountability organization.

Try 2014.

I know how to read. She broke the rules and it's 100% clear that she did it intentionally and willingly. She wanted to hide her treasonous double dealing. Now she's caught and should go to jail like anyone else. Many have been sentenced for far less than what she has done.

What about Colin Powell? He used an AOL account. When ordered to turn over his emails, he ended his AOL account and turned over ZERO. Was that OK. Go ahead, give us some ridiculous reason why he was able to get away with it.

Not!

Try 2014.

What about Colin Powell? He used an AOL account. When ordered to turn over his emails, he ended his AOL account and turned over ZERO. Was that OK. Go ahead, give us some ridiculous reason why he was able to get away with it.

What about Colin Powell? He effectively ended his ties to government and retired. He wasn't running for President. A lot of Presidential Advisors have fallen on their sword and taken their retirement. Clinton instead commits fraud, kills or coerces potential witnesses and continues to grab for more power.

Besides the rule change in 2009 was after Powell and probably clarified in part because of his actions amongst others.

HRC lied under oath and lied under investigation.

If you can't see the abomination that is HRC, you are a blind idiot.

Congrats to President Donald Trump. Fuck all you lib douchebags.

There are no GOP elite. They are RINO/UN representatives. Trump is the New Republican candidate. He will be allowed to continue as long as he keeps his campaign promises.
What happened to the Wall promise?
Exactly.

last i heard, he changed his position from 'mexico will pay for it'... to 'mexico will reimburse us'.

i wonder how many poorly educated dupes will now be defending that?

You want a fair trial at the end of which Trump will be found guilty and immediately executed on the court house steps?

this coming from a member of the 'lock her up' mob, even after multitudes of investigations ending with the same conclusions: that hillary has done nothing that is prosecution worthy? :lol:

Suppose Trump is elected. How long will the GOP elite allow him to stay president?

A better question would be: How long will President Trump allow the "GOP elite" to remain?

Just as long as the Democrats allowed Jimmy Carter to be prez.

jimmy carter: great man, lousy prez.

Drumpf failed miserably as a human being, & there is nothing to indicate that he will do any better as potus.

A better question would be: How long will President Trump allow the "GOP elite" to remain?

lol... as much as he may want to... & as much as he wants to be a fascist oligarch... he cannot remove any of them. that is why there are 3 branches of government.

remember the Constitution? ya.... that.

Not really. Here's the thing. Trump is going into office with the majority having voted for soemone else and probably a disapproval rating coming in. All it takes is one scandal, and the GOP will turn on him in a second and the Democrats would be happy to help.

Trump impeachment will be a shining moment of bi-partisanship.

Not really. Here's the thing. Trump is going into office with the majority having voted for soemone else and probably a disapproval rating coming in. All it takes is one scandal, and the GOP will turn on him in a second and the Democrats would be happy to help.

Nope, if the "GOP elite" were anywhere near that effective Trump would never have been elected. The GOP elite no longer are.

The answer is clear now. Republicans are coming together and supporting Trump while Democrats are in a serious free fall. Any other questions?

Nope, if the "GOP elite" were anywhere near that effective Trump would never have been elected. The GOP elite no longer are.

Actually, the guy who needs to mind his P&Q's is Trump. Impeaching him would be relatively easy. Both parties would happily do it.

You see, the thing is, people didn't vote for Trump, they voted against Hillary. (Even though 600,000 more voted FOR her.)

Keep in mind, Nixon won 49 states in 1972, but less than 2 years later, he was forced to resign because both parties agreed he had to go. And Trump isn't fit to shine Nixon's shoes.

Pipe dreams and unbridled fantasy! Parties don't elect or impeach; the people do. and the people have just spoken and quite loudly at that. Even in the highly unlikely event President elect Trump could be impeached you would still have a GOP President in the form of the vice President (Biden was the only reason Obama was never removed from office). Nixon resigned; Clinton was impeached but held on to his office (by one vote if I remember correctly).

Pipe dreams and unbridled fantasy! Parties don't elect or impeach; the people do. and the people have just spoken and quite loudly at that. Even in the highly unlikely event President elect Trump could be impeached you would still have a GOP President in the form of the vice President (Biden was the only reason Obama was never removed from office). Nixon resigned; Clinton was impeached but held on to his office (by one vote if I remember correctly).

Obama was never impeached because a majority supported him. And he didn't do anything unconstitutional.

Trump is someone most people didn't want, and I don't think he understands his job well enough to know half of what he's proposed is unconstitutional.

But again- Nixon won 49 states in 1972- and was forced to resign ahead of impeachment in 1974 That's how fast it can go wrong.

Obama was never impeached because a majority supported him. And he didn't do anything unconstitutional.

Trump is someone most people didn't want, and I don't think he understands his job well enough to know half of what he's proposed is unconstitutional.

But again- Nixon won 49 states in 1972- and was forced to resign ahead of impeachment in 1974 That's how fast it can go wrong.

nepotism in the form of taking on his son in law as a staff member & his inevitable refusal to place his empire into a blind trust (both HUUUUUGE conflicts of interest) are impeachable offenses.

i predict that he will resign b4 he does get impeached. the GOP will be more than happy to get him out, & having pence as potus is their wet dream; both for the swampy washington insiders & the rw christian fanatical extremists.

Well, Trump wasn't "elected"... he was selected. Hillary got more votes.

Secondly, while a lot of hte people who voted for Trumps are his brown shirt deplorables, most who voted for him just hated Hillary. They'll turn on him in a heartbeat, if they see his approval numbers are low enough.

Clinton was impeached but held on to his office (by one vote if I remember correctly).

Well, you'd remember that wrong.

It takes 2/3 of Senators to vote for an impeachment. The Perjury charge only got 50 votes and the obstruction of justice charge only got 45 votes. 5 - 10 Republicans voted against impeaching clinton, because he had a 67% approval rating and people thought it was bullshit.

Trump is never going to have a high approval rating. When he tanks the economy, you'll be amazed how fast people will turn on him.

Forum List

Back