Who Will Win Super Bowl LI

• Atlanta Falcons

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • New England Patriots

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hmm. I don't really see any good arguments as to why people think Atlanta is going to win, just some wishful thinking! Lol!

Atlanta's defense is faster. And the offense averaged around 36 points a game.

Err, the Patriots have the #1 defense in the league as well as an excellent offense.

The Pats have a good defense but nothing on par with last year's Denver team or the Seahawks of two and three years ago. The NE offense is very good however Atlanta has an exceptional offense. Atlanta is the better team however the Pats have the xfactor and that is revenge.

The game should be really good and close.

All time this will be the 14th meeting between these two teams. New England leads the series 7-6.

Both teams have arrived in Houston now and the trophy is there too.

From now until Sunday afternoon they will both be practicing their scripted plays.

My sister has a big Superbowl party planned and that's where I will be.

Most if not all of us hate NE and are hoping for an Atlanta victory.

All time this will be the 14th meeting between these two teams. New England leads the series 7-6.
Very close.

I always watch the playoffs in every sport, and Atlanta looked much better than NE in each of their last conference games.

Hmm. I don't really see any good arguments as to why people think Atlanta is going to win, just some wishful thinking! Lol!

The Falcons and Patriots beat their competition by very similar scores in this year's playoffs. The Falcons beat Seattle 36-20, the Pats beat Houston 34-16. In the conference championship the Falcons beat the Packers 44-21, the Pats beat the Steelers 36-17. Those scores follow with the Falcons having a better offense and the Pats a better defense. However, the Falcons defense was very strong in those two games, as most of the points scored against them were in the second half (all of the GB points came in the second half).

This could be a very close game. Both teams are playing strong football. The Pats certainly don't look as though they are a hugely better team.

There could be many reasons someone might expect the Falcons to win, from believing that their offense is playing too well to stop to thinking the Falcons will win certain individual matchups.

I hope the Falcons win but I don't really have a prediction. The one big advantage the Pats have is a lot more playoff and Super Bowl experience.

The Falcons and Patriots beat their competition by very similar scores in this year's playoffs. The Falcons beat Seattle 36-20, the Pats beat Houston 34-16. In the conference championship the Falcons beat the Packers 44-21, the Pats beat the Steelers 36-17. Those scores follow with the Falcons having a better offense and the Pats a better defense. However, the Falcons defense was very strong in those two games, as most of the points scored against them were in the second half (all of the GB points came in the second half).

This could be a very close game. Both teams are playing strong football. The Pats certainly don't look as though they are a hugely better team.

There could be many reasons someone might expect the Falcons to win, from believing that their offense is playing too well to stop to thinking the Falcons will win certain individual matchups.

I hope the Falcons win but I don't really have a prediction. The one big advantage the Pats have is a lot more playoff and Super Bowl experience.

If the young guys on the Falcon's defense don't get starry eyed at being in the Super Bowl, I think Atlanta has a great chance to win it.

The overall numbers show things worse than the late season numbers. After the by-week they have been kicking ass. They won 5 of 6, and contained (or destroyed) some good QBs. In the last 4 games they have played Cam Newton, Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, and Aaron Rodgers. In the last 4 games, the Patriots have faced Ryan Fitzpatrick, Matt Moore, Brock Osweiler, and Big Ben. Not sure how good their defense is playing now.

Also, is seems all the leading tacklers are in the secondary. That sounds dangerous. Especially with a running duo like the Falcons have. And both are solid receivers. Stack it stop the run and the passing game will eat you. And you know they will have to double cover Julio Jones. Any team that hasn't has been burned badly.

I think the hunger for the win (1st ever for Atlanta), the team work done in the last months (Brothership), and the way they have been playing now is what will get them there. Atlanta is peaking just perfectly. The defense had some issues early. But last week the defense ruined one of the hottest QB in the league in Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers dismantled the Giants and beat the Cowboys. The cowboys were making noise about winning the big one. And teh Giants had beaten the cowboys twice. So Rodgers is not lightweight.

If the young guys on the Falcon's defense don't get starry eyed at being in the Super Bowl, I think Atlanta has a great chance to win it.

The overall numbers show things worse than the late season numbers. After the by-week they have been kicking ass. They won 5 of 6, and contained (or destroyed) some good QBs. In the last 4 games they have played Cam Newton, Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, and Aaron Rodgers. In the last 4 games, the Patriots have faced Ryan Fitzpatrick, Matt Moore, Brock Osweiler, and Big Ben. Not sure how good their defense is playing now.

Also, is seems all the leading tacklers are in the secondary. That sounds dangerous. Especially with a running duo like the Falcons have. And both are solid receivers. Stack it stop the run and the passing game will eat you. And you know they will have to double cover Julio Jones. Any team that hasn't has been burned badly.

I think the hunger for the win (1st ever for Atlanta), the team work done in the last months (Brothership), and the way they have been playing now is what will get them there. Atlanta is peaking just perfectly. The defense had some issues early. But last week the defense ruined one of the hottest QB in the league in Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers dismantled the Giants and beat the Cowboys. The cowboys were making noise about winning the big one. And teh Giants had beaten the cowboys twice. So Rodgers is not lightweight.

Oh, believe it, the Pats are hungry too. They are out to prove a point!

The Pats win/loss record against the Falcons is 4-0.
They haven't played them this year, unless I am mistaken.

So? Those are the statistics from when these two teams have met in the past.

Tom Brady has never lost to the Falcons

So? So these two teams have never played each other. I'm not saying Atlanta and the Patriots have never played, but these two teams in their present form have never played each other. So the history is irrelevant.

The Pats win/loss record against the Falcons is 4-0.
They haven't played them this year, unless I am mistaken.

So? Those are the statistics from when these two teams have met in the past.

Tom Brady has never lost to the Falcons

So? So these two teams have never played each other. I'm not saying Atlanta and the Patriots have never played, but these two teams in their present form have never played each other. So the history is irrelevant.

No it's not. A lot of it has to do with being familiar with the other's coaching style, etc.

14 of the last 16 Super Bowls the AFC quarterback has been named Brady, Manning or Roethlisberger. Gannon, and Flacco were the two exceptions.

In the last 20 years the NFC has had 17 different quarterbacks, Wilson, Manning and Warner have all been in two.
I bet $10 the Patriots will win. That should assure aan Atlanta victory

Forum List

Back