Sunday Mass

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
My parish has moved to simulcast Sunday (and daily) Masses on YouTube. It seems to have have gone well.

The priest at this one took the liberty of preaching (homily) much longer than usual, taking the extra time that would have been taken up by the Communion procession, but staying within the mythical one-hour limit.

Seems strange, given that the essence of Christianity is gathering to pray (and whatnot). No gathering during this CV stuff, of course.

Any other regular church-goers having similar experiences?

My parish has moved to simulcast Sunday (and daily) Masses on YouTube. It seems to have have gone well.

The priest at this one took the liberty of preaching (homily) much longer than usual, taking the extra time that would have been taken up by the Communion procession, but staying within the mythical one-hour limit.

Seems strange, given that the essence of Christianity is gathering to pray (and whatnot). No gathering during this CV stuff, of course.

Any other regular church-goers having similar experiences?
EWTN has Mass as well. My personal preference is USCCB. These include the daily readings and a short reflection (usually under three minutes) that I find very powerful. My church is open daily for much of the day for those who wish to stop in for personal prayer. Church is about a one hour walk for me, but reflecting on the USCCB (United States Conference of Catholic Bishops) readings and reflections as I walk is, to me, a very powerful experience.

I've been too sick to worry about Mass attendance, but now I feel better and will make sure to look at something next Sunday.

Forum List

Back