Students told to sign obama pledge

People in their early 20s aren't children.

Not all people attending School are in their 20s. In fact, most aren't.

I'm pretty sure most people in a class at a community college are in their early 20s.

In this particular case, possibly. But when i say School, i mean School in general. Not just Colleges. And our School System has become an indoctrination dungeon for American Children.

Early last week Professor Sharon Sweet at Brevard Community College (BCC) allegedly told students to sign a pledge that reads: “I pledge to vote for President Obama and Democrats up and down the ticket.

That's nothing. There's this fat turd named Groover who got GOP congressman to sign away their constitutional powers and responsibilities.

These teatard rubes gave up their constitutional powers to an some jerk who wasn't even an elected official.

Pathetic, huh?

Key phrase: official authority.

Teacher standing in front of a class...

Last time I checked, teachers weren't the ones counting ballots or standing in polling stations.

Last time I check, she is violating election laws and what she did I'd called tampering. She is a paid state employee and she is using her position to influence an election. SHE IS WRONG.

Teacher standing in front of a class...

Last time I checked, teachers weren't the ones counting ballots or standing in polling stations.

Last time I check, she is violating election laws and what she did I'd called tampering. She is a paid state employee and she is using her position to influence an election. SHE IS WRONG.

The dictionary definition of tampering isn't illegal. The legal definition is, which this doesn't even remotely fall under.

The dictionary definition of tampering isn't illegal. The legal definition is, which this doesn't even remotely fall under.

In Florida it is illegal.

Section 104.31, of Title IX in chapter 104, states that “no officer or employee of the state... shall... use his or her official authority or influence for the purpose of interfering with an election or nomination of officer or influencing another person’s vote or affecting the result thereof.”

A college professor has been placed on leave after she allegedly forced her class to sign a pledge to vote for President Obama in the upcoming elections.Early last week Professor Sharon Sweet at Brevard Community College (BCC) allegedly told students to sign a pledge that reads: “I pledge to vote for President Obama and Democrats up and down the ticket.”The pledge was printed off of GottaVote.org, a website funded by the Obama campaign.University administrators said they learned about the incident late Thursday afternoon and launched an investigation, after they received a phone call from a concerned parent.“Based on the allegations, Associate Professor Sweet has requested, and been granted, a leave of absence without pay effective immediately,” reads a statement put out by John Glisch, Associate Vice President for Communications at BCC.

Sharon+Sweet.jpg

Color me surprised.

Section 104.31, of Title IX in chapter 104, states that “no officer or employee of the state... shall... use his or her official authority or influence for the purpose of interfering with an election or nomination of officer or influencing another person’s vote or affecting the result thereof.”

The tampering statute is 104.30

Any person who tampers or attempts to tamper with or destroy any voting system or equipment with the intention of interfering with the election process or the results thereof is guilty of a felony of the third degree

Pretty clear that's referring to stuffing ballot boxes and hacking voting machines, not expressing an opinion you don't like.

Note, I think what she did is highly improper. However, that doesn't make it illegal.

The tampering statute is 104.30

Any person who tampers or attempts to tamper with or destroy any voting system or equipment with the intention of interfering with the election process or the results thereof is guilty of a felony of the third degree

Pretty clear that's referring to stuffing ballot boxes and hacking voting machines, not expressing an opinion you don't like.

Note, I think what she did is highly improper. However, that doesn't make it illegal.

She made them sign a pledge, that is not expressing an opinion. Signing a pledge is a promise, what she did is illegal. I would have her fired, no matter what political party she is in. She is wrong and so are you.

Forum List

Back