States would decide on their own abortion laws. Really?

Palin's daughter proved that.
By then she had given birth to son Tripp, and was no longer with the baby's father, Levi Johnston.

Soon after son Tripp was born, Bristol Palin began doing speaking engagements, encouraging teens to stay abstinent as the most foolproof way to prevent pregnancy. Then became a parent again in 2015 when she gave birth to a daughter, Sailor Grace. She did eventually wed the baby's father, Dakota Meyer, the next year and had another child, but the marriage didn't last. She was thrilled to take to Instagram and introduce the world to her new boyfriend, Zach Towers

Sarah Palin learned her husband Todd wanted a divorce through an email from his attorney, which she received a week after they marked their 31st wedding anniversary. It turns out that Todd filed for divorce on his birthday, three months prior.

Read More: Who Is Piper Palin, Sarah Palin's Daughter? - The List

• Wow
Reactions: cnm
That's like saying we don't want to give bank robbers no say in being locked up in a cage. You robbed the bank, you took the chance, and you got caught. Now you have to pay the price.
Whatever. You should learn about double negatives. In any case, I'll leave you to your hick sharia laws, life really is too short for this.

He hired foreigners but they weren't actually illegal. From one of your own, CNN:

The U.S. Department of Labor has confirmed to CNN that between 2013 and fall 2015, Trump's Mar-a-Lago club posted 250 seasonal job openings and filled just 4 of those jobs with American workers. The club requested the rest of the staff be temporarily imported through the Federal government's H-2B visa process. Basically, Mar-a-Lago brings in its seasonal staff from overseas.

Yes we know how Trump does it

Despite Trump's rhetoric demonizing undocumented migrants, his businesses have hired them. A series of reports by The Washington Post detailed how the Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey, allegedly knowingly hired undocumented migrants.

We were all over him for it in 2019 so he stopped hiring illegals.

You say these people hae visas? Not talking about those workers. I'm talking about the undocumented workers working for him. He has those too.

Whatever. You should learn about double negatives. In any case, I'll leave you to your hick sharia laws, life really is too short for this.
I'm watching Boston Celtics beat Miami Heat to tie up the series. Republicans even politicize sports.

• Sad
Reactions: cnm
My question is what happens if the country swings hard right on the federal level as in what is being setup now?
Ask yourself what is the legal justification for overturning Rowe. Although there are strong arguments on both sides as to the fetus's right to live. The question of whether a fetus has constitutional rights is impossible to answer so the court is left with one other argument and that is the states right argument. It seems much more likely that the court decision will be based on the states right argument.

Assuming the court overturns Rowe because they decide abortion is a state issue, then it will be difficult to pass any federal abortion legislation that is not overturned by the courts, such as making abortion illegal or legal throughout the country. However, the high court could strike down portions state legislation because it violates federal law or the constitution.

Republicans, will have a real problem in passing very strict legislation in many states because 37% of republicans believe a women should have some right of choice and 42% of republican women believe women should have a choice. Secondly, abortion as a national issue is twice as important to democrats as republicans.

If Rowe is overturned I believe:
  • Solid Red and Blue states will immediately deny or protect a women's right to abortion.
  • In swing states, laws will be enacted and changed as party control of goverment changes. At the federal level, changes will occur also as control of goverment and the high court changes.
  • I think we will most likely end up after a few decades like Europe with every state having different laws ranging from no abortion to complete freedom of choice. Organizations like Planned Parenthood will be providing information as to where women can get an abortion based on their particular case.

Last edited:
Ask yourself what is the legal justification for overturning Rowe. Although there are strong arguments on both sides as to the fetus's right to live. The question of whether a fetus has constitutional rights is impossible to answer so the court is left with one other argument and that is the states right argument. It seems much more likely that the court decision will be based on the states right argument.

Assuming the court overturns Rowe because they decide abortion is a state issue, then it will be difficult to pass any federal abortion legislation that is not overturned by the courts, such as making abortion illegal or legal throughout the country. However, the high court could strike down portions state legislation because it violates federal law or the constitution.

The SC is not ruling on whether states have a right to ban abortion or not, they are ruling on it's constitutional protections which I believe there are none. In other words the only reason it will fall back to the state is if there is no longer any constitutional protection to stop a state from making various laws.

Unpopular? I'm sure it will be for a lot of people, but it's those people in the states that need to vote based on that issue if it's that important to them. It could indeed cost Republicans leadership and votes in those states if they go a little too far.

As for myself it's not an issue I would use to decide who to vote on. I will vote Republican right down the ticket no matter what laws against abortion they make. I'm 62 years old so it's not an issue for me. If I were 22, that would be a different story.

So I still hold the opinion that it is possible to make abortions illegal on the federal level. Would they do it or not if given the opportunity is the question. I'm a small government conservative. My friends are small government conservatives. That is the greater issue for us than abortion. The less government, the better.

Yes we know how Trump does it

Despite Trump's rhetoric demonizing undocumented migrants, his businesses have hired them. A series of reports by The Washington Post detailed how the Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey, allegedly knowingly hired undocumented migrants.

We were all over him for it in 2019 so he stopped hiring illegals.

You say these people hae visas? Not talking about those workers. I'm talking about the undocumented workers working for him. He has those too.

So what you are saying is CNN lied in their reporting. Good to know.

No constitutional protections for abortion is sharia law? Leaving it up to states is sharia law?

Gosh. Medical procedures require a medical justification. Oh, the humanity.
I don't believe my GP is also on the staff of our local hospital yet he can perform many medical procedures. To require similar procedures to have different requirements is unjustified and obviously a political and not a medical decision.

Georgia has the worst maternal mortality ratio of any state in the country. 1 Black women in Georgia are 3.3 times more likely to die from pregnancy-related complications than white women are. 2 Georgia's own health experts believe that more than half of confirmed pregnancy-related deaths in the state are preventable.
https://reproductiverights.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/USPA-MHRI-GA-FS-Final-ForPrint-Pages.pdf

Maternal Health in Georgia - Center for Reproductive Rights

-----------------------------------------
https://reproductiverights.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/USPA-MHRI-GA-FS-Final-ForPrint-Pages.pdf
They want all blacks to die, and kick the bucket, the fetuses too.

Didn't the white men bring them here to have cheap labor!! Now they are costing to much.

Georgia has the worst maternal mortality ratio of any state in the country.1 Black women in Georgia are 3.3 times more likely to die from pregnancy-related complications than white women are.2 Georgia’s own health experts believe that more than half of confirmed pregnancy-related deaths in the state are preventable.3 Public policies that seek to improve maternal health4 must be informed by evidence, respect human rights,5 and enable every pregnant person in Georgia to attain the best health possible
-------------------------------
thats why they love anti abortion.

So as long as the BIG government is local, you're ok with being told what to do? What's the difference? Are you an American or an Ohioian?

When you have government being brought down to local levels, you actually have smaller government. You have more control over your representatives.

Our founders designed this country so that states could operate like tiny countries, and only have the federal government involved on federal issues. They didn't want to see what we currently have today which is an all powerful federal government that a majority depend upon to live life.

Forum List

Back