States would decide on their own abortion laws. Really?

Most women who are pro-life see abortion in the abstract; that is murder of babies by evil doctors and bad women, prostitutes and women who frequent abortion mills as just another means of contraception. It is not a personal issue. However, when their pregnant teen says I'm going to kill myself rather than give birth, the state says you're going have to give birth to a malformed fetus and care far it as long as it lives, or you'll to have prove to the state that you were actually raped before you can get an abortion, then the issue becomes personnel, very personnel.

This is going to be a big problem for republicans in solid red states with strict abortion laws. While republican men overwhelming support pro-life, about 40% of republican women are not near as supportive. They want to see the abusive use of abortion stopped but still have abortion available when it is really needed. And there lies the problem. It is a personal issue that politicians can not capture in the law.
This from 2019

Approximately 25 percent of women in the U.S. will undergo an abortion before the age of 45.

53% of white women voted for Trump. Of course he lied about this

Trump said 52% of women voted for him in 2016. That’s misleading. It refers only to white women​

If that would ever happen, my property value would double. :auiqs.jpg:

Trump said 52% of women voted for him in 2016. That’s misleading. It refers only to white women​

How many of them wouldn't have voted for Trump if they knew abortion would be made illegal like Republicans are doing now?

So much for not legislating from the bench btw.

Most women who are pro-life see abortion in the abstract; that is murder of babies by evil doctors and bad women, prostitutes and women who frequent abortion mills as just another means of contraception.

Zatrite? You talk to them?

Sounds like you're just spewing ghoul bullshit against enemies.

It is not a personal issue. However, when their pregnant teen says I'm going to kill myself rather than give birth, the state says you're going have to give birth to a malformed fetus and care for it as long as it lives, or you'll have prove to the state that you were actually raped before you can get an abortion, then the issue becomes personnel, very personnel.

What about when the state says "you're going to kill your baby no matter how much you resist."

I mean, since we're making up total lies and all.

This is going to be a big problem for republicans in solid red states with strict abortion laws. While republican men overwhelming support pro-life, about 38% of republican women are not near as supportive. They want to see the abusive use of abortion stopped but still have abortion available when it is really needed. And there lies the problem. The law can not take into account all the issues surrounding the pregnancy and need for the abortion. That can only be done by the woman, her doctor, and her family.

Well, then you fascists should be happy.

UNLESS you know that it really isn't going to hurt Republicans at all.

I don't believe my GP is also on the staff of our local hospital yet he can perform many medical procedures. To require similar procedures to have different requirements is unjustified and obviously a political and not a medical decision.
Yes, we get it. The left has no interest in ensuring the safety of mothers seeking abortion.

Georgia has the worst maternal mortality ratio of any state in the country.1 Black women in Georgia are 3.3 times more likely to die from pregnancy-related complications than white women are.2 Georgia’s own health experts believe that more than half of confirmed pregnancy-related deaths in the state are preventable.3 Public policies that seek to improve maternal health4 must be informed by evidence, respect human rights,5 and enable every pregnant person in Georgia to attain the best health possible
-------------------------------
thats why they love anti abortion.
Abortion is legal in Georgia.

How many of them wouldn't have voted for Trump if they knew abortion would be made illegal like Republicans are doing now?

So much for not legislating from the bench btw.

Well first off this isn't about making it illegal, it's about if constitutional protections for abortion exist. Secondly, it's also about states rights. The state lost that right back in 73 when the SC ruled on R vs W. If a state didn't want abortion or strict limits on them, they were forbidden by that ruling from doing so.

So there is no legislating from the bench since legislation is not even part of this issue. It's a simple matter of determining if our founders or the editors thereafter wanted abortion to be a protected right in this country.

I really believe they want to rid blacks , the poorer blacks, the rich ones can afford a fly over or take off from work. They want the rich and poor. Republicans are also poorer , who want an abortion.
The prohibition of abortions reminds me of when I was a kid visiting my uncle in a town in Mississippi where the sale or possession of alcoholic beverages was prohibited. However, there was no problem in getting liquor. You could buy it from a produce stand in the city or go outside the city limits. My uncle would have a drink when he came home from work and wine was served at meals. When I pointed out the hypocrisy in having such a law, he explained the town needed to keep up appearance. I think this is exactly what many red state legislatures will be doing, keeping up appearances because although the people expect the legislature to make abortions illegal, they expect that there will be ways to get abortions if needed.

Strict abortion laws will have little effect on abortions except in the poorest communities. Families of moderate means will travel out of state for abortions, abortion pills will be sold on the streets likes narcotics and in poor communities there will always be some quack performing abortions. Also, there will transportation assistance for the poor seeking abortions.

Last edited:
Most women who are pro-life see abortion in the abstract; that is murder of babies by evil doctors and bad women, prostitutes and women who frequent abortion mills as just another means of contraception. It is not a personal issue. However, when their pregnant teen says I'm going to kill myself rather than give birth, the state says you're going have to give birth to a malformed fetus and care for it as long as it lives, or you'll have prove to the state that you were actually raped before you can get an abortion, then the issue becomes personnel, very personnel.

This is going to be a big problem for republicans in solid red states with strict abortion laws. While republican men overwhelming support pro-life, about 38% of republican women are not near as supportive. They want to see the abusive use of abortion stopped but still have abortion available when it is really needed. And there lies the problem. The law can not take into account all the issues surrounding the pregnancy and need for the abortion. That can only be done by the woman, her doctor, and her family.

Nobody is actually stuck. If people reject harsh abortion laws they are free to support representatives that will reverse any harsh laws. With a majority any law can be rescinded.

Will it hurt Republicans, that remains to be seen. If you can't reverse leadership of a state, maybe it's time to consider moving to a state with your values. None of us are moving to NY or Cali, their people are leaving those states to come to our states, and of course like everywhere else, try to ruin it for us.

When you're in my town breathing my air, you do what you're told.

Nicknamed the "Einstein Visa", the EB-1 is reserved for people who are highly acclaimed in their field - the government cites Pulitzer, Oscar, and Olympic winners as examples - as well as respected academic researchers and multinational executives.

Mrs Trump began applying for the visa in 2000, when she was Melania Knauss, a Slovenian model working in New York and dating Donald Trump. She was approved in 2001

Becoming a citizen in 2006 gave her the right to sponsor her parents, Viktor and Amalija Knavs, who are now in the US and in the process of applying for citizenship.

The reports of how Mrs Trump obtained her EB-1 visa will rankle with some, at a time when her husband is railing against immigrants and attempting to scrap the right of new citizens to sponsor family members. And questions have been raised about her suitability for the extraordinary ability category.

Trump didn't write the laws that he or his wife adhered to, they were already there. He wasn't even thinking about politics at the time.

And trump has said many times he was not against immigration, just illegal immigration. Even if we could stop every illegal from entering the country today, that would have had no barring on the million people we allow to become citizens or the near million Visa's or green cards we pass out every year.

Still we see Republicans ultimately want to give a lot of authority to their local government and to Trump.

Trump left office a year and a half ago and we have no idea if or when he's coming back. We can't give him diddly except for our votes in possibly 2024, and currently federal representative which all he supported were nominated.

Yes we want to give ultimate authority to our states, and so did our founders. That's the reason for states rights in the Constitution. If it were up to me, there would be no bureaucracies, no government benefits by the federal government. SS, Medicare, HUD and all other 80 welfare programs would be funded by the state IF THEY WANTED THEM! And most of the tax money collected would be by the state and not the federal government which is now 30 trillion in the hole and predicted to go much higher.

It really depends on how the Court's Decision is written and where they base the reasoning behind possible reversal.

Should the Decision indicate it is under State's Rights (Tenth Amendment), they would be separating the issue of Abortion from the Federal Government.
Should the Decision vary, and address other concerns or Rights, they still may leave some kind of open door back to the Federal level.

Some states have 'trigger laws" already ... Legislators in those states have already passed legislation that may outlaw or limit Abortion.
Those laws will be triggered and go into effect the moment Roe v Wade may be overturned.

I agree and while no legal scholar, to my knowledge the SC only hears cases where there is question whether a law was followed or it has constitutional protections. I've yet to know a case where the SC ruled that X was exclusively a states right and the federal government can't touch it. Maybe you do, I don't know, but I don't recall one.

Forum List

Back