States would decide on their own abortion laws. Really?

Nope, three quarters of Americans support restrictions on Abortion.
lol. Which means a small minority want to ban it.

Abortion: support by age and level of legalization U.S. 2021 | Statista

1653356626214.png

Right, because women have absolutely no say in getting pregnant. They have no input in the process at all. It just happens.
And now you want to give them absolutely no say in not being pregnant. At least you're consistent.

How does any human get the right to use someone else's body without expressed and ongoing consent?
Because your actions led directly to putting it there, and you knew it was a possibility, you damn retard.

"I never dreamed that if I stuck my hand in a bear trap it would snap down on my arm!!"

Do leftists simply not know how human reproduction works? Are you all that stupid?

You're not wrong if you're arguing that all of those are examples of federal over-reach that lack Constitutional support. Two more examples are the federal Department of Education, and the Department of Housing and Urban Development. People have just gotten so used to these federal agencies being ever present that it's hard to imagine a time before they existed. But there is no Constitutional authority for either to exist, and both of those bloated bureaucracies that cost the taxpayers billions of dollars each year should be axed, hopefully by a future president that runs as a fiscal and constitutional conservative AND actually governs that way.

As for your OSHA vaccine mandate example, the Supreme Court actually struck that down, so at least that example of federal overreach was reigned in.

As for the trucking example, the purported Constitutional authority for the federal government to issue and enforce the FMCSRs and HMRs is the Commerce Clause. But that's probably the most misapplied section of the entire Constitution, as the federal government almost always tries to justify unconstitutional federal overreach by invoking the Commerce Clause. Those attempts have been shot down many times, but it's also gone unchallenged many times, and also upheld a few times involving rather tenuous applicability.

As for the topic at hand, I don't envision Congress passing any federal abortion legislation in the foreseeable future, given that the forthcoming SCOTUS decision (if consistent with the leaked draft) clearly spells out the absence of Constitutional support for a federal position on abortion. Any such legislation would be ripe for immediate challenge to the Supreme Court.

You're only half right on the SC decision on shots. They said Dementia could not enforce that on private industry, but he can in health facilities because they get government money. Kind of tells you where we'd be at with vaccines if we had an all government healthcare system.

The point I was making is that we do have all kinds of federal laws and regulations not in the Constitution so I would question if the 10th could stop a national law against all abortions. Bureaucracies? As far as I'm concerned they are all anti-constitutional as well as un-American. Our founders gave the responsibility of writing laws, penalties, taxation and regulations to the Congress so that the general public could have redress which you don't get with bureaucracies. Politicians use those bureaucracies to institute laws that they know would be unpopular with the general public. Trump not addressing that problem is one of the few disappointments I have about him. Maybe in 2024.

And now you want to give them absolutely no say in not being pregnant. At least you're consistent.

That's like saying we don't want to give bank robbers no say in being locked up in a cage. You robbed the bank, you took the chance, and you got caught. Now you have to pay the price.

So something crossed my mind today: Let's assume the leak is genuine and next month Roe vs Wade is gone. Now (as everybody says) abortion will be left up to the states. Liberal states of course will keep abortion, conservative states make it illegal, and swing states may have abortion up to X amount of weeks. Fine.

My question is what happens if the country swings hard right on the federal level as in what is being setup now? Could our federal legislatures make it illegal for the entire country to have any kind of abortions? And if so, would the GOP risk losing leadership for decades down the road?

I can't see the court ruling that abortion be exclusively a states right. What part of the Constitution would allow them to rule that way? So the question is, could this decision actually lead to outlawing abortions on a national level?
If this ruling stands it would prohibit federal determination of abortion law and hand it back to the states. However if the court upholds abortion federally then the topic is confirmed as federal business which could then be banned by an anti-abortion government.
Either it is a federal concern or it is then the feds could ban it

Ditto Far left & Left think they can have Sanctuary States for Illegals ( but not Guns )

A lot of illegals work in big Republican factories and farms that are not sactuary cities. They are in red states.

Is Mara Lago in a sactuary city? Trump hired illegals.

A lot of illegals work in big Republican factories and farms that are not sactuary cities. They are in red states.

Is Mara Lago in a sactuary city? Trump hired illegals.

He hired foreigners but they weren't actually illegal. From one of your own, CNN:

The U.S. Department of Labor has confirmed to CNN that between 2013 and fall 2015, Trump's Mar-a-Lago club posted 250 seasonal job openings and filled just 4 of those jobs with American workers. The club requested the rest of the staff be temporarily imported through the Federal government's H-2B visa process. Basically, Mar-a-Lago brings in its seasonal staff from overseas.

If this ruling stands it would prohibit federal determination of abortion law and hand it back to the states. However if the court upholds abortion federally then the topic is confirmed as federal business which could then be banned by an anti-abortion government.
Either it is a federal concern or it is then the feds could ban it

My question was what if (down the road of course) the Republicans gain a huge majority in Congress with a Republican President. What would stop them from making abortion illegal nationally if it's ruled that the Constitution doesn't provide protections for abortion?

How does any human get the right to use someone else's body without expressed and ongoing consent?
Because your actions led directly to putting it there, and you knew it was a possibility, you damn retard.
Obviously, consent to intercourse is not consent to pregnancy. Tell you what, if you don't want an abortion, don't have one, otherwise STFU.

Forum List

Back