State Of Georgia new voting bill

Without ID, Homeless Trapped in Vicious Cycle

To get an ID card, most states require multiple proofs of identity or permanent residence, such as utility bills, Social Security cards or birth certificates. Some states require proof of homelessness, such as a letter from a social services agency.

“The problem is [homeless people] were being turned around so many times, “They need this document or that document, and they give up. That’s what we don’t want to have happen. When they give up on having an ID, they give up on the resources available to them.”

25% of US minorities don't have ID.

First of all, I think that 25% number is 10 years old and I don't believe it to be true then or now.

Second, maybe instead of spending hundreds of millions on abortions we should spend money to make sure anyone who doesn't already have a valid state id can get one or an id can be provided to them, BUT - there's gotta be some record of them somewhere and if there isn't then we need to create one. IMHO, this needs to be a state issue, not a federal one.

Third, the Left has got to understand that even though voter fraud cases are not that many due to the difficulty of finding evidence that will stand up in court, that doesn't NOT mean the fraud doesn't exist. AND when almost half of the voting population does not trust the outcome of the November election to be accurate, then we have a problem that should be addressed to restore as much integrity as possible into the election process. And like it or not, that means requiring a copy of your voter-id for mailin ballots. We should make it as easy as possible and FREE, are there any states that require a voter-id but charge money to get an acceptable id? If so, then I think you have a legitimate beef. If not then STFU.

How do you show ID to vote by mail?

Can homeless vote, because they don't have an address for an ID?

Poor can't even afford food, clothes, shelter or utilities so how can they afford to pay for & jump through all hoops to get an ID?

Republican President Bush & Republican House & Senate mandated Real ID laws driving up the time & expense to get an ID. Plus they made masses of citizens homeless to knock them from the voter rolls.

Will workers be allowed to vote around the clock & on weekends when their employers won't allow them time off to vote?
If every legal citizen were provided a voter ID free of charge, would you be opposed to it then?
In most states you can get an official ID free of charge.
Bullshit! - I had to fly to Florida to rehab one of my rentals after evicting a deadbeat. It took a month longer than expected so while there my license expired. Thanks to Republican Assholes Real ID Laws I could not Fly, Ride a Bus, Train or Drive back to Missouri. It cost me $1,000 to hire someone to drive me home. To get an ID cost $80 in fees, a week of paperwork & travel & 3 more weeks to get my ID in the mail. Republican Bureaucratic Bullshit!
That is truly hysterical. I can't believe you would post the evidence of your stupidity online. How are Republicans responsible for those rules? What state do you live in? Didn't it occur to you to get your license renewed before you traveled?
It was not a well planned trip. Tennant screwed me, so I hopped a plane to take care of business. I thought it would only take 6 weeks to 2 months, but damage was great & Covid-19 slowed everything down so it took me 3 months.

Emotional Republicans shut down everything in Florida for Covid. Previously scared Republicans passed the Real ID laws after 9/11 so you can't travel or vote without it.

Last edited:

Poor can't even afford food, clothes, shelter or utilities so how can they afford to pay for & jump through all hoops to get an ID?

Republican President Bush & Republican House & Senate mandated Real ID laws driving up the time & expense to get an ID. Plus they made masses of citizens homeless to knock them from the voter rolls.

Will workers be allowed to vote around the clock & on weekends when their employers won't allow them time off to vote?
If every legal citizen were provided a voter ID free of charge, would you be opposed to it then?
Bullshit! - I had to fly to Florida to rehab one of my rentals after evicting a deadbeat. It took a month longer than expected so while there my license expired. Thanks to Republican Assholes Real ID Laws I could not Fly, Ride a Bus, Train or Drive back to Missouri. It cost me $1,000 to hire someone to drive me home. To get an ID cost $80 in fees, a week of paperwork & travel & 3 more weeks to get my ID in the mail. Republican Bureaucratic Bullshit!

You're a liar. A MO drivers license, valid for 6 years is $52.00.

I also had to pay for a Birth Certificate & SSN Card & copy of Occupancy Permit to show them before I could get the ID.

AZ and the rust belt states are next...thank God they have GOP legislatures....

The rust belt states have Democrat governors who will veto these bills so they will only piss voters off against the GOP. Thousands of voters have left the GOP in these states. Arizona is no slam dunk because Republicans have narrow majorities and Governor Doucey may disagree. He has been attacked by Trump supporters and passed up a chance to run for the Senate as a Republican. Arizona has a history of voting by mail.
They can't veto state election law...election laws are within the purview of state legislatures only...the governors can't make or veto laws that will intrench them in office forever...so the laws were enacted to keep election laws as close to the people as possible and that is the legislature not a single entity like a governor....this is why the dems really screwed up in their zeal to get rid of Trump...they neglected to steal the state house seats...and that's gonna cost them....

I also had to pay for a Birth Certificate & SSN Card & copy of Occupancy Permit to show them before I could get the ID.

Stop lying, all you needed was your expired license unless it had been expired for 184 days or more. And you made no indication that that was the case.

Stop lying, all you needed was your expired license unless it had been expired for 184 days or more. And you made no indication that that was the case.
Bullshit! - Tell that to the Bureaucrat at the License Office. An Expired License is worthless. If it's expired for 184 days then you have to retake the written & driving tests again.

No - Because there is a lot of Republican Real ID red tape & fees getting SS card, Birth Certificate, documents proving address, United States citizenship, etc., all needed to get an ID & then they will be removed from voter roll if not present to sign for registered letter. If they are gone to work when the mailman comes by at random to the address on the ID, then you can't vote. This ploy removes mass numbers of working poor & all without permanent address from voter rolls. Then they must take time off to wait in 8 hour long lines at polling place where they are not allowed to be given any food or water. My wife & I didn't get to vote because we did not get mail-in ballots, lines were hours long & we had work to do.

So, you don't want any method of proving citizenship when voting?

The State of Georgia has a common sense voting law. It safe guards the integrity of the voting process. the law applies to every voter in the state. Voters must present an ID with their photo . it expands early voting. Voting is not suppressed by this law. Every georgian has the opportunity to vote if they want to. some activist including Veggie joe say it suppresses minority voters . they think minority residents are stupid and ignorant. NO VEGGIE JOE minority voters are not stupid . they can vote if they want to. And I agree. no one should be allowed to approach voters in line waiting their turn to vote.. Voters must be able to vote without interference. all these activists with the pretense of giving them water and food want to interfere with voters in line to convince them to vote the way these activists want. once voters are in line to vote. stay the hell away from them. the voting line is not the place or time to carry on their activities

1616971511464.png

Bullshit! - Tell that to the Bureaucrat at the License Office. An Expired License is worthless. If it's expired for 184 days then you have to retake the written & driving tests again.

Even if true, a duplicate SS card is free, there's no mention of an Occupancy Permit for proof of residency, just a letter with your name and address on it would work according to their web site. And why the hell would you not have a copy of your birth certificate already? But most States charge 3-5 dollars for a duplicate BC. So your numbers still don't add up.

Even if true, a duplicate SS card is free, there's no mention of an Occupancy Permit for proof of residency, just a letter with your name and address on it would work according to their web site. And why the hell would you not have a copy of your birth certificate already? But most States charge 3-5 dollars for a duplicate BC. So your numbers still don't add up.

I have to pay something like $25, but that was mostly for FEDEX delivery.

No - Because there is a lot of Republican Real ID red tape & fees getting SS card, Birth Certificate, documents proving address, United States citizenship, etc., all needed to get an ID & then they will be removed from voter roll if not present to sign for registered letter. If they are gone to work when the mailman comes by at random to the address on the ID, then you can't vote. This ploy removes mass numbers of working poor & all without permanent address from voter rolls. Then they must take time off to wait in 8 hour long lines at polling place where they are not allowed to be given any food or water. My wife & I didn't get to vote because we did not get mail-in ballots, lines were hours long & we had work to do.

So, you don't want any method of proving citizenship when voting?

He doesn't want to admit that, but that's exactly what he wants. How else can they make it possible for illegal aliens to vote?

The State of Georgia has a common sense voting law. It safe guards the integrity of the voting process. the law applies to every voter in the state. Voters must present an ID with their photo . it expands early voting. Voting is not suppressed by this law. Every georgian has the opportunity to vote if they want to. some activist including Veggie joe say it suppresses minority voters . they think minority residents are stupid and ignorant. NO VEGGIE JOE minority voters are not stupid . they can vote if they want to. And I agree. no one should be allowed to approach voters in line waiting their turn to vote.. Voters must be able to vote without interference. all these activists with the pretense of giving them water and food want to interfere with voters in line to convince them to vote the way these activists want. once voters are in line to vote. stay the hell away from them. the voting line is not the place or time to carry on their activities

This is a voter suppression bill. The Secretary os State says there was no fraud so there is nothing to reform. This law could lead to identity theft and it discriminates against larger counties like Fulton, Cobb and Gwinnett where Biden clobbered Trump. They should be able to approach voters with water and other things to help them while they are waiting. This part of it is unconstitutional. They can ban campaign literature and other campaign related material but they cannot stop then from giving out water. What you tyrants will learn is the more you titghten your iron fist the more power slips through it.
Debunked Dim talking points.
Dude, you're defending a bill that makes it illegal to have water in the voting line - and yet your signature is "HEIL BIDEN".

It should be changed to "HEIL GOP" you ****ing Nazi.

It is NOT illegal to have water in the voting line, Political parties just cannot provide it. Poll workers should be providing it, or bring it your own damn self. That is why we have a weather forecast!

Why are you lying?

Wrong! - The cheapest is $15 for a Birth Certificate in Missouri at Health Department Vital Records, or $49 to $199 if out of state online & mailed. They would not accept the one my Mom had given me because they said it was to old. They only accept new ones that contain more security features.

Also, most the DMV, Vitals & SSN offices here are private fee agencies that charge over $6 per document after all the other fees.

This is a voter suppression bill. The Secretary os State says there was no fraud so there is nothing to reform. This law could lead to identity theft and it discriminates against larger counties like Fulton, Cobb and Gwinnett where Biden clobbered Trump. They should be able to approach voters with water and other things to help them while they are waiting. This part of it is unconstitutional. They can ban campaign literature and other campaign related material but they cannot stop then from giving out water. What you tyrants will learn is the more you titghten your iron fist the more power slips through it.
Personally, I don't want anyone in my face when I'm in line to vote. This past election there was a Biden asshole in line chirping away about people wearing Trump hats and shirts and how that is supposed to be against the law. And how his opinion came directly from the Northampton County DA. He confronted many Trump voters waiting to vote, obviously trying to run them off. Then after spending 20 minutes in the line he just left without voting. He was no doubt a paid Biden agitator and he did scare one Trump voter off. That's why I agree with Georgia's new law. Just stay the fuck away from people when they're waiting to vote. And forget about trying to claim the moral high ground for passing out water. Everyone knows that's just a phony humanitarian bullshit move.

Many states have rules that state you are not allow political messaging on your clothes when voting... The man was in the right...

So a person giving water can't have any political attire today...

But I agree with this GOP bringing in this bullshit law, there will be a load of people in line and a guy is going up to an old woman and give her a glass of water and get arrested...
All the cameras will be there and everyone will know that the GOP arrest you giving an elderly person water...

Just a bunch of baloney....

Law makers are assuming that all citizens are felons when they simply want to exercise their constitutional right to vote....

If the voter line is a long wait, longer than 30 minutes, then of course water or food is a humane offering, not a way to convince someone in line to vote for a person they never had planned to vote for.... that's a silly, stupid claim by anyone!!!! Geez!

Water and food is given because voters, primarily those of color, have to stand in line for hours and hours in line, just to vote.....because Republicans understaff their polling places and cut their voting machines etc....
Offering them water while they wait 5 HOURS waiting in the voting line, is simply humane and needed to keep them in line, without fainting or heat stroke.

Having to go out and make a copy of their govt PHOTO ID to send with the application for an absentee ballot is also ridiculous and a step harder for those without home scanners and printers and home computer....

When they could just require the citizen to include their drivers license number or id number.... It's not like the election clerks are comparing their picture....?

The whole bill was created by Georgia law makers so THEY can choose the VOTERS they want, instead of the voters choosing our govt leaders.

That's bull crap....

Personally, I don't want anyone in my face when I'm in line to vote. This past election there was a Biden asshole in line chirping away about people wearing Trump hats and shirts and how that is supposed to be against the law. And how his opinion came directly from the Northampton County DA. He confronted many Trump voters waiting to vote, obviously trying to run them off. Then after spending 20 minutes in the line he just left without voting. He was no doubt a paid Biden agitator and he did scare one Trump voter off. That's why I agree with Georgia's new law. Just stay the fuck away from people when they're waiting to vote. And forget about trying to claim the moral high ground for passing out water. Everyone knows that's just a phony humanitarian bullshit move.

Many states have rules that state you are not allow political messaging on your clothes when voting... The man was in the right...

So a person giving water can't have any political attire today...

But I agree with this GOP bringing in this bullshit law, there will be a load of people in line and a guy is going up to an old woman and give her a glass of water and get arrested...
All the cameras will be there and everyone will know that the GOP arrest you giving an elderly person water...
My brother in law, whose son ironically works for the lily livered, Democrat DA, checked and there is no such law here. It was just a liberal DA trying his best to aid the steal.

Just a bunch of baloney....

Law makers are assuming that all citizens are felons when they simply want to exercise their constitutional right to vote....

If the voter line is a long wait, longer than 30 minutes, then of course water or food is a humane offering, not a way to convince someone in line to vote for a person they never had planned to vote for.... that's a silly, stupid claim by anyone!!!! Geez!

Water and food is given because voters, primarily those of color, have to stand in line for hours and hours in line, just to vote.....because Republicans understaff their polling places and cut their voting machines etc....
Offering them water while they wait 5 HOURS waiting in the voting line, is simply humane and needed to keep them in line, without fainting or heat stroke.

Having to go out and make a copy of their govt PHOTO ID to send with the application for an absentee ballot is also ridiculous and a step harder for those without home scanners and printers and home computer....

When they could just require the citizen to include their drivers license number or id number.... It's not like the election clerks are comparing their picture....?

The whole bill was created by Georgia law makers so THEY can choose the VOTERS they want, instead of the voters choosing our govt leaders.

That's bull crap....
you are just a cry baby. you can take something to eat and drink while you wait in line to vote. Are you saying that the people you refer to as people of color are too stupid to do that. that someone has to do it for them. by the way what the f--k is people of color. we all have some kind of pigmentation, some darker then others. there are no transparent people. in some states , including in my state , no one can interfere with people waiting in line to vote. they have to maintain a certain distance from the voting line. you call still see and hear some idiots yelling to the people standing in line to vote. telling them to vote for their candidates.

Without ID, Homeless Trapped in Vicious Cycle

To get an ID card, most states require multiple proofs of identity or permanent residence, such as utility bills, Social Security cards or birth certificates. Some states require proof of homelessness, such as a letter from a social services agency.

“The problem is [homeless people] were being turned around so many times, “They need this document or that document, and they give up. That’s what we don’t want to have happen. When they give up on having an ID, they give up on the resources available to them.”

25% of US minorities don't have ID.

First of all, I think that 25% number is 10 years old and I don't believe it to be true then or now.

Second, maybe instead of spending hundreds of millions on abortions we should spend money to make sure anyone who doesn't already have a valid state id can get one or an id can be provided to them, BUT - there's gotta be some record of them somewhere and if there isn't then we need to create one. IMHO, this needs to be a state issue, not a federal one.

Third, the Left has got to understand that even though voter fraud cases are not that many due to the difficulty of finding evidence that will stand up in court, that doesn't NOT mean the fraud doesn't exist. AND when almost half of the voting population does not trust the outcome of the November election to be accurate, then we have a problem that should be addressed to restore as much integrity as possible into the election process. And like it or not, that means requiring a copy of your voter-id for mailin ballots. We should make it as easy as possible and FREE, are there any states that require a voter-id but charge money to get an acceptable id? If so, then I think you have a legitimate beef. If not then STFU.
yes homeless people are trapped in a vicious cycle.they do need help. but they must help themselves too. many homeless people consume and are addicted to drugs others are down on their luck and are trying to recover their former lives.Government should provide some help. but people that vote must provide an ID. there must be a record that,that person has already voted in that election. having a photo Id is required to function in our society for so many things. Mexico provides their citizens free of charge a voting photo ID. they call it Credencial de Elector. people do complain that they have to wait in line for hours, some 6 or 8 hrs to get their Credencial de Elector. I don't buy the notion that requiring an Id to vote in the USA is voter suppression.

Forum List

Back