Federal judge rules on new Arizona voting laws requiring proof of citizenship

Hollie

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2012
This is likely to be messy as dems heads begin exploding.

The Dems / Marxists tend to spit and drool at the notion that elections are a fundamental component of rights granted to the citizenry. Such precautions as ID and proof of citizenship are what protect voters from the very fraud that the Dem / Marxists want an allowance for.

To suggest that it's "racist" to require ID or that it's an inconvenience for voters to demonstrate they are eligible is just nonsense.

In 2022, then-Gov. Doug Ducey, a Republican, signed the measures into law, prompting criticism from voting activists

Arizona's new voting laws that require proof of citizenship are not discriminatory, judge rules. U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton said Arizona legislators didn't discriminate when they adopted the laws and the state has an interest in preventing voter fraud.

Mind Blown Purple Explosion GIF | GIFDB.com

The Dems / Marxists tend to spit and drool at the notion that elections are a fundamental component of rights granted to the citizenry. Such precautions as ID and proof of citizenship are what protect voters from the very fraud that the Dem / Marxists want an allowance for.

To suggest that it's "racist" to require ID or that it's an inconvenience for voters to demonstrate they are eligible is just nonsense.

In 2022, then-Gov. Doug Ducey, a Republican, signed the measures into law, prompting criticism from voting activists

Arizona's new voting laws that require proof of citizenship are not discriminatory, judge rules. U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton said Arizona legislators didn't discriminate when they adopted the laws and the state has an interest in preventing voter fraud.
I'm not registering with Faux News to read a story. LOL

so the state cannot require me to state the county (or country) where I was born, but the state may require me to show photo id. I'm good with that.

After a quick scan, I don't see how this is different than current Texas law. Texas law requires state/Fed government ID to vote in person.

Dems require ID to fly, purchase alcohol, register a vehicle, get a fishing license. The only reason they would oppose this is it inhibits Dems ability to CHEAT and STEAL elections.
It can however be manipulated.
1. Requirements to get licenses can be made onerous.
2. physical localities for license locations and hours can be discriminatory.

If these don't occur then there is no major issue, at least to me.

Simple…,Democrats should simply push for legislation to allow non-citizens to vote. But, they won’t. They won’t give you a straight answer as to whether non-citizens should be permitted the right to vote.

But, they will fight every effort to enforce proof of citizenship.

If these don't occur then there is no major issue.
LMAO and yet people get the licenses and ID's for these other things and Dems don't complain about it. It's only voting, I think we all know why.

If these don't occur then there is no major issue, at least to me.
Always some excuse to whine about how hard life is. We should all vote in person unless you're overseas working or in the military overseas.

Hooray. This should be the law of the land in all 50 states, all territories, and DC, i.e. in order to register to vote you must show proof of citizenship and proof of residency and then show certified photo ID when you vote to prove you are the one who registered. And if you don't vote in the primary or general election every four years, your name should be removed from the voter registry and you should have to re-register to vote. (That last provision keeps the voter registry fairly clean with eligible voters. It used to be that way everywhere and nobody felt disadvantaged in any way. Of course if you move out of your precinct, you should have to re-register to vote.

If you vote by mail, your signature should be notarized and it should be illegal to separate your signature from the ballot. Perhaps the best policy would have people sign the ballot itself and have their signature notarized. In other words, if you choose to vote by mail you relinquish your right to an anonymous ballot.

Those simple and reasonable provisions would assure every American that the vote is as secure and honest as we can make it. There would still be those who committed fraud but their numbers would be so small so that it is highly unlikely they could make a difference.

Simple…,Democrats should simply push for legislation to allow non-citizens to vote. But, they won’t. They won’t give you a straight answer as to whether non-citizens should be permitted the right to vote.

But, they will fight every effort to enforce proof of citizenship.
They already allow noncitizens to vote in local elections. That's the first step.

Forum List

Back