SpaceX launch set for today around 3:20 EST

Safety is always first, let's hope the skies are clear and weather works in their favour.

It has to put astronauts in a tougher situation when they aren't completely mentally prepared to go, sitting there anticipating that they will get the call "we not going again guys".

Safety is always first, let's hope the skies are clear and weather works in their favour.

It has to put astronauts in a tougher situation when they aren't completely mentally prepared to go, sitting there anticipating that they will get the call "we not going again guys".

Yep, that'd suck. But these guys appear to be cool as cucumbers and loaded with all the right stuff!

They're used to it....that's the Military...hurry up and wait.

True, I can't compare my life experience to risking my life in a rocket or in a foreign land, but I know the feeling of anticipation. Waiting for the starting gun for sprints, or waiting for my name to be called for a wrestling match is the closest I have come to that, hah.

They get paid the big bucks for a reason.

Last edited:
Ya - I've seen a lot of our rockets blow the hell up too. You just don't wanna see any successes for Musk. ;)

Huh? I'm one of Elon's biggest fans, dummy.....wish I could afford a Tesla.
He's just another prog idiot. The problem with the launch at Space X Boca Chica location has been tracked down to Geordi reversing the polarity at the wrong time and a failure in the Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator.

One of the NASA guys said they couldn't go Wednesday because of static electricity in the air around the launch....Said the rocket itself could have turned into a bolt of lightning. Good thing these are smart people...after the Challenger I never want to see another burning space ship.

He's just another prog idiot. The problem with the launch at Space X Boca Chica location has been tracked down to Geordi reversing the polarity at the wrong time and a failure in the Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator.

No idea what any of that means. Doc was a poster at Slate's old "Ballot Box' years ago....we called em libs back then before they went all MAO on us and thought they'd take over the country. He's one of the better ones, tiny brain and all.

True, I can't compare my life experience to risking my life in a rocket or in a foreign land, but I know the feeling of anticipation. Waiting for the starting gun for sprints, or waiting for my name to be called for a wrestling match is the closest I have come to that, hah.

They get paid the big bucks for a reason.

Yeah, I remember the butterflies prior to basketball games. These guys also make the big bucks not just because they can handle the butterflies, but because of their training and expertise.

One of the NASA guys said they couldn't go Wednesday because of static electricity in the air around the launch....Said the rocket itself could have turned into a bolt of lightning. Good thing these are smart people...after the Challenger I never want to see another burning space ship.

I was a kid and I remember it well to this day. I was too young to even think that people had died and then they showed the reaction of the family members and crowd watching. I still figured like G.I Joe cartoons, they would have just parachuted to safety.

If man is going to push boundaries there are always going to be risks. The risks are so high that the first species in space wasn't even a human, it was a dog.

My error. I thought you hated Elon's electric pocket rockets. Last time I looked, the Model S starts at around 40k before the tax breaks.

I really liked the Volt....test drove one...it was like a space ship...no noise, torque like my old GTO. Not enough range for Phoenix back them. GM should have branded the Volt as a Cadillac instead of a Chevy...too pricey to be a bowtie but an amazing ride. $40K for a car? Are you nuts? I drive a cherry '85 F-150 351 4x4 with a camper shell...who needs roads?

No idea what any of that means. Doc was a poster at Slate's old "Ballot Box' years ago....we called em libs back then before they went all MAO on us and thought they'd take over the country. He's one of the better ones, tiny brain and all.
You've never heard Geordi LaForge on Star Trek telling the Captain he reversed the polarity on something, or this:

Forum List

Back