SpaceX launch set for today around 3:20 EST

I've been watching.
I cant kick the feeling that I'm watching Space 1999.
Those "space suites" look fake as hell and the ground crew look like they came from some basement S&M club.
The seals on those helmets...WTF?
I think that to. However, compare those suits to the bulkiness of the older suits. Hopefully they will do some changes with them. Also the boots look like galoshes.

I made parts for the NASA Shuttle program and have spent some time at NASA while the parts we made were being tested so I do have some knowledge on aerospace equipment.
Nothing I saw looked right.
While I had nothing to do with the suites I have seen them and understand their function intimintaly.
The seals alone tell me they cant possibly be safe if there was a decompression event.
One rubber seal along the bottom thats supposed to seal the face plate to the helmet? No way!!
Dive helmets are better sealed then those things.
If I had a kid I'd give em a couple hundred bucks for one to wear on Halloween.
And zero vibration riding a controlled explosion?
Why would NASA sign off on them?

I've been watching.
I cant kick the feeling that I'm watching Space 1999.
Those "space suites" look fake as hell and the ground crew look like they came from some basement S&M club.
The seals on those helmets...WTF?
I think that to. However, compare those suits to the bulkiness of the older suits. Hopefully they will do some changes with them. Also the boots look like galoshes.

I made parts for the NASA Shuttle program and have spent some time at NASA while the parts we made were being tested so I do have some knowledge on aerospace equipment.
Nothing I saw looked right.
While I had nothing to do with the suites I have seen them and understand their function intimintaly.
The seals alone tell me they cant possibly be safe if there was a decompression event.
One rubber seal along the bottom thats supposed to seal the face plate to the helmet? No way!!
Dive helmets are better sealed then those things.
If I had a kid I'd give em a couple hundred bucks for one to wear on Halloween.
And zero vibration riding a controlled explosion?
Why would NASA sign off on them?

I dont have a lot of faith in NASA anymore since they got into the global warming business.

Forum List

Back