SpaceX launch set for today around 3:20 EST

One of the NASA guys said they couldn't go Wednesday because of static electricity in the air around the launch....Said the rocket itself could have turned into a bolt of lightning. Good thing these are smart people...after the Challenger I never want to see another burning space ship.

I was a kid and I remember it well to this day. I was too young to even think that people had died and then they showed the reaction of the family members and crowd watching. I still figured like G.I Joe cartoons, they would have just parachuted to safety.

If man is going to push boundaries there are always going to be risks. The risks are so high that the first species in space wasn't even a human, it was a dog.

Both Russia and US used monkeys a few times too!

The first monkey to be sent successfully into space was Albert II, a male rhesus monkey, who made it to a height of 83 miles (134 km) on June 14, 1949. ... The first monkeys to survive the flight into space were two monkeys named Able and Miss Baker.

My error. I thought you hated Elon's electric pocket rockets. Last time I looked, the Model S starts at around 40k before the tax breaks.

I really liked the Volt....test drove one...it was like a space ship...no noise, torque like my old GTO. Not enough range for Phoenix back them. GM should have branded the Volt as a Cadillac instead of a Chevy...too pricey to be a bowtie but an amazing ride. $40K for a car? Are you nuts? I drive a cherry '85 F-150 351 4x4 with a camper shell...who needs roads?

Did you see the Falcon Wing Model X when astronauts were taken to the pad?
That's just cool as hell! :cool:

I've been watching.
I cant kick the feeling that I'm watching Space 1999.
Those "space suites" look fake as hell and the ground crew look like they came from some basement S&M club.
The seals on those helmets...WTF?

Congratulations!
Another success for the previous Obama administration for approving this historical flight.
Congratulation Americans for funding such a success.
Nothing like this would ever be achieved under the Neanderthal Trump and Republicans.

It's amazing how when those Rockets go up with astronauts on board again how good it makes you feel to be an American

One of the NASA guys said they couldn't go Wednesday because of static electricity in the air around the launch....Said the rocket itself could have turned into a bolt of lightning. Good thing these are smart people...after the Challenger I never want to see another burning space ship.

I was a kid and I remember it well to this day. I was too young to even think that people had died and then they showed the reaction of the family members and crowd watching. I still figured like G.I Joe cartoons, they would have just parachuted to safety.

If man is going to push boundaries there are always going to be risks. The risks are so high that the first species in space wasn't even a human, it was a dog.

The first monkey to be sent successfully into space was Albert II, a male rhesus monkey, who made it to a height of 83 miles (134 km) on June 14, 1949. ... The first monkeys to survive the flight into space were two monkeys named Able and Miss Baker.

Russia also sent a dog into orbit, then left it to die there.

nooiJLC8QurFHZcTtqmmZf-320-80.jpg

I've been watching.
Those "space suites" look fake as hell and the ground crew look like they came from some basement S&M club.

Those suits look like something from cheap B grade 1950's Sci Fi movie !

Yeah,a lot of it seemed to be pretty hokey.
No vibrations in the cockpit while sitting on a controlled explosion?
And the convenient technical difficulties when the first section landed on the barge?
One second it's not there and the next it's sitting pretty on the barge.
And the cloud cover showed by the cameras showed the eastern seaboard socked in with clouds....it's not.

I hate to be skeptical but that shit just didnt seem right.
I truly want it to be real but the vid didnt help.

Russia also sent a dog into orbit, then left it to die there.

View attachment 343069
Yep, 'Laika' was the first animal to orbit, and was sacrificed. Bastards.

I've been watching.

Those suits look like something from cheap B grade 1950's Sci Fi movie !

Yeah,a lot of it seemed to be pretty hokey.
No vibrations in the cockpit while sitting on a controlled explosion?
And the convenient technical difficulties when the first section landed on the barge?
One second it's not there and the next it's sitting pretty on the barge.
And the cloud cover showed by the cameras showed the eastern seaboard socked in with clouds....it's not.

I hate to be skeptical but that shit just didnt seem right.
I truly want it to be real but the vid didnt help.

Oh god, they've barely began this new era of space launch, and we have our first denier ! :biggrin:

I've been watching.
I think that to. However, compare those suits to the bulkiness of the older suits. Hopefully they will do some changes with them. Also the boots look like galoshes.

I've been watching.
I think that to. However, compare those suits to the bulkiness of the older suits. Hopefully they will do some changes with them. Also the boots look like galoshes.

I made parts for the NASA Shuttle program and have spent some time at NASA while the parts we made were being tested so I do have some knowledge on aerospace equipment.
Nothing I saw looked right.
While I had nothing to do with the suites I have seen them and understand their function intimintaly.
The seals alone tell me they cant possibly be safe if there was a decompression event.
One rubber seal along the bottom thats supposed to seal the face plate to the helmet? No way!!
Dive helmets are better sealed then those things.
If I had a kid I'd give em a couple hundred bucks for one to wear on Halloween.
And zero vibration riding a controlled explosion?

Forum List

Back