Southwest Airline Plane Lands at Wrong Airport...

Its been almost 23 years now since the last time that I was on a plane and reading about these planes is only going to make that number even bigger. :( :( :(

God bless you always!!!

Holly

A Southwest Airlines flight from Chicago's Midway International Airport was scheduled to land Sunday night at Branson Airport in southwest Missouri. Instead, the Boeing 737-700 touched down at Taney County's M. Graham Clark Downtown Airport, which is about 7 miles away and has a significantly shorter runway.

The plane is expected to take off between noon and 1 p.m. ET after likely dumping fuel to lighten its weight and get enough power to take off on the short runway, Berndt told CNN.

The Taney County airport doesn't usually handle big jets. Its runway is about half the length of the Branson Airport -- 3,738 feet, to Branson's 7,140 feet.

As a result of the short runway, the pilot had to do a lot of heavy braking as soon as the jetliner touched down.

Without the firm foot on the brakes, the plane could have overshot the end of the runway, tumbled down an embankment and onto U.S. Highway 65.

Southwest Airlines plane lands at wrong Missouri airport - CNN.com

If I were a passenger, I think I would just rent a car and drive the rest of the way. According to the article, it isn't but about 7 miles to the correct place.

Somebody's got some esplainin to do

Demerits to the pilot for getting the wrong airport, Kudos to the pilot for probably realizing when he landed that he didnt have room and for him slamming on the brakes.

Flying to the wrong airport is a prosecutable offence.

^^^ If that is true, then may this be a wake up call to all people who fly planes.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

P.S. If landing at the wrong airport was just an honest mistake on that pilot's part, I wouldn't fire him or have him be charged for it, but I would most definitely make sure that they were aware of the consequences that would take place if it were to ever happen again.

^^^ What is so dangerous about showering?

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. People have to keep themselves clean in some way and to me, showering is the fastest and probably more cheaper way of doing it. My last utility bill was more expensive than it normally is and so things around my house have to be watched so it doesn't go up even further.

Forum List

Back