Sorry Forum Racists, Sterling Lost...

They dont have to. Shelly agreed to sell the team.

I never said they did, the team wasn't forced fo be sold. The NBA owners did not want to vote on the issue.

Someone else and I was asking them, said she was forced to sell the team by NBA rules. She wasn't forced at all.

The NBA was concerned if Don Sterling was found competent, the owners would have to vote. They might have been an issue, Sterling was going to dig up dirt on other owners and delay the process for years.
Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Yeah she was forced. Originally they didnt even recognize her as a legit co-owner since they never approved it. Once she got on board with what the NBA wanted they changed their minds. There was no scenario where she was going to be allowed to keep the team. Thats what forced means.

She did have a choice and make the NBA owners vote. She wasn't forced to sell.

I never said they did, the team wasn't forced fo be sold. The NBA owners did not want to vote on the issue.

Someone else and I was asking them, said she was forced to sell the team by NBA rules. She wasn't forced at all.

The NBA was concerned if Don Sterling was found competent, the owners would have to vote. They might have been an issue, Sterling was going to dig up dirt on other owners and delay the process for years.

Yeah she was forced. Originally they didnt even recognize her as a legit co-owner since they never approved it. Once she got on board with what the NBA wanted they changed their minds. There was no scenario where she was going to be allowed to keep the team. Thats what forced means.

What is it about being "forced to sale" confused you into thinking I said anything about choices? If you remember she initially wanted to keep the team, then it became she wanted to keep her share of it. The NBA said hell no and forced her to sale all of it.

What is it about being "forced to sale" confused you into thinking I said anything about choices? If you remember she initially wanted to keep the team, then it became she wanted to keep her share of it. The NBA said hell no and forced her to sale all of it.

What was the vote that forced her to sell the team?

Wait there was no vote. Shelly decided to sell and since Don was ruled incompetent, is was her decision to make. Not the NBA.

Wait there was no vote. Shelly decided to sell and since Don was ruled incompetent, is was her decision to make. Not the NBA.

Vote? Silver told her she was not keeping the team and to sale it or they would. Her decision to sale was forced. If it was up to her she would have kept the team. Feigning stupidity is not helping your argument.

Shelly Sterling has right to own Clippers, lawyer says

The estranged wife of Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling will fight to retain her 50 percent ownership stake in the team, her lawyer said Thursday, adding an unwanted twist to the NBA's plan to force new ownership on the franchise.

Shelly Sterling's attorney, Pierce O'Donnell, said his client "will not agree to a forced or involuntary seizure of her interest."

From NBC: :eusa_boohoo:

Although the judge issued a tentative oral order on Monday, all parties expect him to confirm it in writing by Aug. 13.

"We are pleased that the court has affirmed Shelly Sterling's right to sell the Los Angeles Clippers to Steve Ballmer," the NBA said in a statement. "We look forward to the transaction closing as soon as possible."

Oh well.

I'm sorry that you're too stupid to see that the biggest racists on this forum are the black ones.

Translation:

I'm not racist, it's those lazy black people.

The judge ruled that Donald Sterling was "Mentally incapacitated"

Wow

AmeriKKKa

Ice%20Cube%20-%20Amerikkka's%20Most%20Wanted.jpg

Vote? Silver told her she was not keeping the team and to sale it or they would. Her decision to sale was forced. If it was up to her she would have kept the team. Feigning stupidity is not helping your argument.

The estranged wife of Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling will fight to retain her 50 percent ownership stake in the team, her lawyer said Thursday, adding an unwanted twist to the NBA's plan to force new ownership on the franchise.

Shelly Sterling's attorney, Pierce O'Donnell, said his client "will not agree to a forced or involuntary seizure of her interest."

The forced sale of any owner is by a vote, where 75% of the owners vote to force a sale. We have no idea if the owners would vote to oust the Sterlings. So, techinally she was not forced to sell. She made a choice to sell and I am willing to bet that she had the buyer and the price BEFORE she told the NBA she decided to sell and not force a vote by the owners.

The dude made racist remarks in public before this. The tape is out, Donald is an ass, what can you do? No point in crying over spilled milk.

Yes he did, but the incident that led to his losing the team was presumably a private conversation, one that occurred in his own home, albeit on a phone. We expect the government to tap our phones...

And again, as I stated in my second post in this thread, he'd said and done stupid shit before, why was this different? Why didn't the NBA do something sooner? Why now?

Under the terms of Paragraph 13 of the constitution, the owners can terminate another owner’s franchise with a vote of three-fourths of the NBA Board of Governors, which is composed of all 30 owners. The power to terminate is limited to things like gambling and fraud in the application for ownership, but it also includes a provision for termination when an owner “fails to fulfill” a “contractual obligation” in “such a way as to affect the [NBA] or its members adversely.” Silver and the owners could assert that Sterling’s statements violated the constitution’s requirements to conduct business on a “reasonable” and “ethical” level.

What penalties might Adam Silver bring down on Donald Sterling? | ProBasketballTalk

A statement made in private about private individuals somehow shows that he conducted the business in an unreasonable or unethical way?

They haven't voted on the issue.

They don't need to. It's over.

Dumbass early on you claimed, and cited the amendment in the NBA rules that said a 3/4 vote and Sterling had to sell the team. The vote never occurred, I twice included that post by you and you ignored it. You are a fraud.

There is doubt, if it came to a vote, that the NBA owners would vote him out. Cuban was a little concerned on where he would have voted. As disgusting as Sterling is, the other owners were concerned of their franchises, and the dirt Sterling would dig up.

Sterling being ruled incompetent was the best for the NBA and it's owners. I am still in favor on watching market forces playing out and it would have taken down the value of the franchise. It also would never devastate the LA real estate market as you claimed. It would barely be a blip on the map.

If market forces had played out sponsors, players, coaches, fans would have left in droves. The franchise would have lost value, and he never would have got close to $2 billion, maybe $400,000. I think his wife and her advisors knew that and took the best offer. Which was a stupid offer for the franchise, but when you got money to buy a toy.

You're an idiot with a reading comprehension problem. What I posted was a speculation of what Adam Silver "MIGHT" do. It even says "might" in the sentence. I posted paragraph 13 of the NBA constitution as an example. Try to keep up, would ya?

Yes he did, but the incident that led to his losing the team was presumably a private conversation, one that occurred in his own home, albeit on a phone. We expect the government to tap our phones...

And again, as I stated in my second post in this thread, he'd said and done stupid shit before, why was this different? Why didn't the NBA do something sooner? Why now?

Under the terms of Paragraph 13 of the constitution, the owners can terminate another owner’s franchise with a vote of three-fourths of the NBA Board of Governors, which is composed of all 30 owners. The power to terminate is limited to things like gambling and fraud in the application for ownership, but it also includes a provision for termination when an owner “fails to fulfill” a “contractual obligation” in “such a way as to affect the [NBA] or its members adversely.” Silver and the owners could assert that Sterling’s statements violated the constitution’s requirements to conduct business on a “reasonable” and “ethical” level.

What penalties might Adam Silver bring down on Donald Sterling? | ProBasketballTalk

A statement made in private about private individuals somehow shows that he conducted the business in an unreasonable or unethical way?

Pretty much. What confused you about that?

The forced sale of any owner is by a vote, where 75% of the owners vote to force a sale. We have no idea if the owners would vote to oust the Sterlings. So, techinally she was not forced to sell. She made a choice to sell and I am willing to bet that she had the buyer and the price BEFORE she told the NBA she decided to sell and not force a vote by the owners.

Your dealing in hypotheticals and technicalities. I'm dealing in facts. It has never come to a vote. Silver representing the NBA, forced Shelly to sale the team against her wishes. I cant put it much plainer than that.

After the tape was made public, absolutely. Can Sterling take back the damage done? Absolutely not.

Now, I don't believe that it should be legal to tape someone in the privacy of that persons own home. I'm not even sure what the law is in CA about taping a conversation. I do know that in my state, you can record a conversation as long as one person having the conversation knows it's being taped.

So if I ever invite a coworker over, you can bet I won't be talking trash about my boss. I'd get fired, and it would be perfectly legal. And you wouldn't see me crying on this forum over it....I'd be busy looking for another job. LOL!

The NBA has their own set of rules. Sterling didn't go by them. They acted in their own best interest.

PUNT!

During the McCarthy Era Hollywood films had blacklists of writers and actors who were suspected communists. They were effectively shut out of working.
Are you OK with that sort of blacklist for people who express disagreeable opinions?

Ad hominem. Communists came in all colors. Try something that is relevant.

Who was he attacking?

After the tape was made public, absolutely. Can Sterling take back the damage done? Absolutely not.

Now, I don't believe that it should be legal to tape someone in the privacy of that persons own home. I'm not even sure what the law is in CA about taping a conversation. I do know that in my state, you can record a conversation as long as one person having the conversation knows it's being taped.

So if I ever invite a coworker over, you can bet I won't be talking trash about my boss. I'd get fired, and it would be perfectly legal. And you wouldn't see me crying on this forum over it....I'd be busy looking for another job. LOL!

In CA she could be fined $2.5K and sentenced to a year in the pen. However, that has nothing to do with everyone hearing what was said and the consequences Sterling is paying right now.

PUNT!

During the McCarthy Era Hollywood films had blacklists of writers and actors who were suspected communists. They were effectively shut out of working.
Are you OK with that sort of blacklist for people who express disagreeable opinions?

Ad hominem. Communists came in all colors. Try something that is relevant.

Who was he attacking?

Who said he was attacking anyone?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ad%20hominem

Definition of AD HOMINEM

: appealing to feelings or prejudices rather than intellect

Last edited:

Forum List

Back