Sorry Forum Racists, Sterling Lost...

She did have a choice and make the NBA owners vote. She wasn't forced to sell.

What is it about being "forced to sale" confused you into thinking I said anything about choices? If you remember she initially wanted to keep the team, then it became she wanted to keep her share of it. The NBA said hell no and forced her to sale all of it.

What was the vote that forced her to sell the team?

Wait there was no vote. Shelly decided to sell and since Don was ruled incompetent, is was her decision to make. Not the NBA.

Holy crap, you're dumb.

A statement made in private about private individuals somehow shows that he conducted the business in an unreasonable or unethical way?

After the tape was made public, absolutely. Can Sterling take back the damage done? Absolutely not.

Now, I don't believe that it should be legal to tape someone in the privacy of that persons own home. I'm not even sure what the law is in CA about taping a conversation. I do know that in my state, you can record a conversation as long as one person having the conversation knows it's being taped.

So if I ever invite a coworker over, you can bet I won't be talking trash about my boss. I'd get fired, and it would be perfectly legal. And you wouldn't see me crying on this forum over it....I'd be busy looking for another job. LOL!

In CA she could be fined $2.5K and sentenced to a year in the pen. However, that has nothing to do with everyone hearing what was said and the consequences Sterling is paying right now.

Yes, I do realize that.

The lawsuit was dismissed.

Anything else?

The accusations were not. Thats the point. He was known for being a racist and affected the game. A lawsuit being dismissed doesnt make that go away. Are you claiming dismissed lawsuits have always been decided correctly?

And accusations are proof right?

Yes. When you keep up with the conversation and realize we were talking about his racism affecting the game. Players perceiving Sterling as being a racist doesn't have to be proven in court for it to affect a players decision to stay with a team or leave. Make sure you know the subject before jumping in and looking foolish.

Ad hominem. Communists came in all colors. Try something that is relevant.

Who was he attacking?

Who said he was attacking anyone?

Ad hominem - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Definition of AD HOMINEM

: appealing to feelings or prejudices rather than intellect

I guess I was using a different definition of Ad Hominem. (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person")

Logical Fallacies» Ad Hominem (Personal Attack)

The accusations were not. Thats the point. He was known for being a racist and affected the game. A lawsuit being dismissed doesnt make that go away. Are you claiming dismissed lawsuits have always been decided correctly?

Yes. When you keep up with the conversation and realize we were talking about his racism affecting the game. Players perceiving Sterling as being a racist doesn't have to be proven in court for it to affect a players decision to stay with a team or leave. Make sure you know the subject before jumping in and looking foolish.

Anyone can accuse another person of being racist for any number of reasons. If accusations alone are held up as proof, I can prove that you are racist simply by saying, "You are racist."

Accusations are not proof.

Yes, I know he said racist things, and that the racist comments were caught on tape.

That is proof. Accusations are not.

Freedom of speech does not imply freedom from consequence.

And you're going to make damn sure anyone who uses their free speech to say anything you don't like pays for it right?

If at all possible and sufficiently offensive.

What is particulary great about having the right to free speech if your life or livelyhood are held as collateral against your use of that right?

Why not simply remove the right to free speech and save the pretense?

Anyone can accuse another person of being racist for any number of reasons. If accusations alone are held up as proof, I can prove that you are racist simply by saying, "You are racist."

Accusations are not proof.

Yes, I know he said racist things, and that the racist comments were caught on tape.

That is proof. Accusations are not.

You must be slow or your reading comprehension needs some work. You are arguing a point that had nothing to do with my post. Read my post again so you can see how out in left field you are.

And you're going to make damn sure anyone who uses their free speech to say anything you don't like pays for it right?

What is particulary great about having the right to free speech if your life or livelyhood are held as collateral against your use of that right?

You cant be put in jail for saying what you want to. I think thats a great reason.

Why would I remove the right to free speech? Wouldn't it be much easier to allow the freedom but have individuals deal with the consequences?

Sorta like what Sterling is going through now.

Vote? Silver told her she was not keeping the team and to sale it or they would. Her decision to sale was forced. If it was up to her she would have kept the team. Feigning stupidity is not helping your argument.

Shelly Sterling has right to own Clippers, lawyer says

The forced sale of any owner is by a vote, where 75% of the owners vote to force a sale. We have no idea if the owners would vote to oust the Sterlings. So, techinally she was not forced to sell. She made a choice to sell and I am willing to bet that she had the buyer and the price BEFORE she told the NBA she decided to sell and not force a vote by the owners.

Your dealing in hypotheticals and technicalities. I'm dealing in facts. It has never come to a vote. Silver representing the NBA, forced Shelly to sale the team against her wishes. I cant put it much plainer than that.

Silver doesn't have the power to force a sale of a team, only the owners do. Can't be much plainer than that.

The forced sale of any owner is by a vote, where 75% of the owners vote to force a sale. We have no idea if the owners would vote to oust the Sterlings. So, techinally she was not forced to sell. She made a choice to sell and I am willing to bet that she had the buyer and the price BEFORE she told the NBA she decided to sell and not force a vote by the owners.

Your dealing in hypotheticals and technicalities. I'm dealing in facts. It has never come to a vote. Silver representing the NBA, forced Shelly to sale the team against her wishes. I cant put it much plainer than that.

Silver doesn't have the power to force a sale of a team, only the owners do. Can't be much plainer than that.

He does have the power. That's why Shelly is selling the team against her own stated wishes. What are you missing here?

You cant be put in jail for saying what you want to. I think thats a great reason.

Why would I remove the right to free speech? Wouldn't it be much easier to allow the freedom but have individuals deal with the consequences?

I understand.

Punish hate with hate. Punish anyone who expresses an idea you disagree with to the highest extreme you can. Since you are not allowed by law to attack them physically, attack their livelyhood. Take from them everything you are capable of taking from them under the law and call it just consequence.

There is no hypocrisy in that at all.

Is the old coot actually going to be harmed by all this? Probably not. He's still going to rich as hell.

But it isn't for lack of trying.

I get it.

He does have the power. That's why Shelly is selling the team against her own stated wishes. What are you missing here?

The NBA by-laws do not allow the Commissioner to force a sale of a team, it is only the owners by a three quarters majority vote.

Show me anywhere, where the NBA commissioner has the right to force an owner to sell a team. Please, because I can't find it anywhere, he can suspend, he can inflict penalties, he cannot force an owner to sell, only other owners can.

He may have implied that there were enough votes to sell the team, but he can't force her to sell. The NBA Commissioner can't approve a new owner, only the current owners can vote a new owner in.

I understand.

Punish hate with hate. Punish anyone who expresses an idea you disagree with to the highest extreme you can. Since you are not allowed by law to attack them physically, attack their livelyhood. Take from them everything you are capable of taking from them under the law and call it just consequence.

There is no hypocrisy in that at all.

Is the old coot actually going to be harmed by all this? Probably not. He's still going to rich as hell.

But it isn't for lack of trying.

I get it.

You are emotional about this and not thinking straight. You do something you deal with the consequences. You want to be a racist then what ever happens to you is your fault. Stop whining about that.

Depending on the degree I am affected by your actions you better damn well be prepared to suffer whatever consequences I can bring. You dont get to run around in life saying and doing things without dealing with consequences.

Of course there is no hypocrisy in that. You are free to penalize me for my actions to whatever extent you can. I can accept that and deal with whatever consequences come with it.

The old coot is already harmed by this. He already had money. Once you amass that amount of assets you always know how to get it back. He could lose everything and know how to make it back. Whats hurting him is he will no longer be able to own a stable full of professional Black athletes.

The NBA by-laws do not allow the Commissioner to force a sale of a team, it is only the owners by a three quarters majority vote.

Show me anywhere, where the NBA commissioner has the right to force an owner to sell a team. Please, because I can't find it anywhere, he can suspend, he can inflict penalties, he cannot force an owner to sell, only other owners can.

He may have implied that there were enough votes to sell the team, but he can't force her to sell. The NBA Commissioner can't approve a new owner, only the current owners can vote a new owner in.

You're confused. Power doesn't have to be written in a bylaw. Show me where the definition of power has to be written down anywhere?

the capacity or ability to direct or influence the behavior of others or the course of events.

It wasn't just the American lefties who were appalled at his racist remarks. Hell, the guy appeared on TV after the tape, and made it 10x worse. He simply couldn't shut his mouth.

This witch-burning attitude that liberals enshrine at the center of their personality is very troublesome to civil society.

Every time a liberal opens his mouth I too am appalled. Should this allow me to work to destroy every liberal who talks to me? Should I be able to ostracise them and get them fired from their job, have them evicted from their home, etc.

The politics of personal destruction is pretty much de rigueur from Liberals these days. It really puts a lie to their claim that they're tolerant people.

The people who claim to be liberals today are really just neoMarxists posing as historic liberals. Ralph Nader is a real liberal. Obama is a shill for Wall Street banks, an ideological neoMarxist and no liberal in a historical sense of the term.

But liberals have done this to themselves by being so foolish as to trust libtards, much like real conservatives were foolish to trust neocons.

And you are an idiot.

This witch-burning attitude that liberals enshrine at the center of their personality is very troublesome to civil society.

Every time a liberal opens his mouth I too am appalled. Should this allow me to work to destroy every liberal who talks to me? Should I be able to ostracise them and get them fired from their job, have them evicted from their home, etc.

The politics of personal destruction is pretty much de rigueur from Liberals these days. It really puts a lie to their claim that they're tolerant people.

The people who claim to be liberals today are really just neoMarxists posing as historic liberals. Ralph Nader is a real liberal. Obama is a shill for Wall Street banks, an ideological neoMarxist and no liberal in a historical sense of the term.

But liberals have done this to themselves by being so foolish as to trust libtards, much like real conservatives were foolish to trust neocons.

And you are an idiot.

lol, easy to state but harder to demonstrate.

The New American Left is dominated by historians like Zinn, political extremists groups like radical environmentalists, and activists like Ayers.

They are not the kind of political statesmen that FDR, JFK, Truman, or Humphrey would have recognized as liberals but as neoMarxists of the Frankfurt school instead.

Hence the intolerance for diversity in thought that dominates the left today, especially if they think you should be part of their demographic plantation system. In their minds if you are a black or woman or Hispanic and are conservative you are a traitor to your race or gender or ethnic group.

Todays liberals are not the liberals of Truman or JFK, not at all.

You're confused. Power doesn't have to be written in a bylaw. Show me where the definition of power has to be written down anywhere?

the capacity or ability to direct or influence the behavior of others or the course of events.

The commissioner has no legal way to force the sale and if Sterling had not been ruled incompetent, it would have had to go to a vote of the owners, and 23 of the owners would of had to vote to oust him.

The owners not Silver have the right to approve or take away a franchise from another owner.

If not, Sterling would own the team and have to have someone else operate it. Silver would have no choice but to try to get owners to vote Sterling out.

The commissioner has no legal way to force the sale and if Sterling had not been ruled incompetent, it would have had to go to a vote of the owners, and 23 of the owners would of had to vote to oust him.

The owners not Silver have the right to approve or take away a franchise from another owner.

If not, Sterling would own the team and have to have someone else operate it. Silver would have no choice but to try to get owners to vote Sterling out.

We are not talking about legality. We are talking about Silver having the power to force Shelly to sell the team against her stated wishes. Sounds like its getting harder and harder for you to deflect the topic. I wont let you.

[

You call people that play a kids game for a living a 'labor force'? They are ENTERTAINERs not laborers.

And the owners deserve just as much of the credit for the players salaries as the leagues would not exist, or be as lucrative without the owners putting the capital up also.

If it's so easy why aren't you in the NBA, then?

couch-potato-563097.jpg

Oh. Yeah.

Forum List

Back