Something is wrong with the weather

getting cold liberals...? better warn Al Gore and watch out for the giant glacier coming down from the artic all the way to Chicago....
it happened before....:eek:

Glacier+height.jpg

A conceptual diagram of how high the ice was over the area that is now Chicago is shown below. The height of the ice over the Upper Peninsula was even higher.

...Such Cerebral

It's really that simple. You expect Washington to fix the weather on the planet?

More of that awesome intellect on display

Means you're a Democrat. They can't fix potholes. They can't even get a website running to roll out Obama's signature legislation.

But now on top of giving your asshole government to wreck health care, now you want to turn over the weather predictions to them? A 50 year prediction by the bloviator Al Gore?

How crazy are you progressives?

There it is! The Al Gore jab that has nothing to do with nothing.

Its hot, where is the hahaha Global Cooling threads?

But you're right Tiny. Why do anything? Everything sucks! Everyone sucks! America is lame!

In Britain they call it "green deaths" No one can afford to heat their homes and eat at the same time.

They are dying over there.

Oh here's for me. You tell me about global warming.

00.gif

Issued: 4:00 PM CST Thursday 5 December 2013

Tonight, 5 December
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind northwest 40 km/h gusting to 60 diminishing to 20 early this evening. Low minus 21. Wind chill minus 30.
Friday, 6 December
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light near noon. High minus 18. Wind chill minus 32.
Friday night, 6 December
Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 23. Wind chill minus 32.
Saturday, 7 December
Sunny. High minus 21.
Sunday, 8 December
A mix of sun and cloud with 30 percent chance of flurries. Low minus 28. High minus 17.
Monday, 9 December
Sunny. Low minus 27. High minus 20.
Tuesday, 10 December
Sunny. Low minus 31. High minus 24.
Wednesday, 11 December
Sunny. Low minus 28. High minus 20.

Last edited:
Of course we impact the planet. Of course we do. But this whole global warming bullshit is a scam that got out of control.

And instead of hitting true issues head on we've got this hollywood bullshit with gore on fake carbon credits on a new stock market.

How fucked up is that?

Wow, this thread went downhill quick.

Never said anything about Democrats, Republicans, Global Warming, or Cooling, or "climate change". Or Al Gore or Bush or OBama. Or carbon credits. Or government.

Just saying the weather is crazy lately.

Ok. I don't know why or what causes it, or who if anyone is to blame. Not the point.

But something is wrong with the weather. Here in SC, we're getting wild, 30-40 degree swings over 24-36 hour periods. Today it is supposed to hit near 80 in Charleston. In 36 hours, the high may not even reach 55. 2 weeks ago same thing. It was a high of 45 one day. Hit 76 the next day. I know there are warm and cold fronts that come through. And in past Decembers, we may gradually build up from the 40's/50's with a warm front over 2-4 days and the temps climb gradually, then drop gradually.

But this is crazy. Wild temp swings. We had a lightning storm Thanksgiving week down here.
WTF is going on?

I've seen that here in San Diego.

And here we have MILD weather.

Buck up. It's called "weather", and sometimes it gets crazy. If you were expecting something routine every day, you haven't been paying attention, or thinking.

And as the temperature goes up the energy to make weather increases and it'll get even MORE crazy.

In the mid-60's, in my first Geology class, a post-grad student gave us a lecture concerning global warming. In it, he talked of the uncertainties then, which were major, and said one thing was certain. That you add more energy to the atmosphere, which is the definition of a GHG, you will have a more energetic atmosphere. Wider and wilder swings in the weather, with an overall warming. Exactly what we are seeing today.

Of course we impact the planet. Of course we do. But this whole global warming bullshit is a scam that got out of control.

And instead of hitting true issues head on we've got this hollywood bullshit with gore on fake carbon credits on a new stock market.

How fucked up is that?

How fucked up is your logic? Very

You mentioned Gore, Hollywood and the Stock Market...Never mentioning the Earth at all. See where your focus is? :lol:

Ok. I don't know why or what causes it, or who if anyone is to blame. Not the point.

But something is wrong with the weather. Here in SC, we're getting wild, 30-40 degree swings over 24-36 hour periods. Today it is supposed to hit near 80 in Charleston. In 36 hours, the high may not even reach 55. 2 weeks ago same thing. It was a high of 45 one day. Hit 76 the next day. I know there are warm and cold fronts that come through. And in past Decembers, we may gradually build up from the 40's/50's with a warm front over 2-4 days and the temps climb gradually, then drop gradually.

But this is crazy. Wild temp swings. We had a lightning storm Thanksgiving week down here.
WTF is going on?

You know the old saying in the South, if you don't like weather just wait a couple of hours.

Haha, yeah, true. That usually is referring to rain. Storms pop up quick down here.

But temperatures? Its always hot in late spring, summer, early fall. Winters are mild. 40's and 50's.

But lately, we've gotten wild swings in temps. Highs in the 40's one day, near 80 the next, and back and forth.

When it comes to our observances of geological/atmospheric phenomenon one has to remember that 40 years, while to us a long time, to nature is a blink of an eye (less than a blink). Just because we don't think its "normal" doesnt mean its not normal for an area in a geological time frame.

And what the heck is so weird about a lightning storm on Thanksgiving? A sand storm would have been odd. Lightning happens all the time.

WTF is going on?

Ummm......its called weather . Perhaps you were born this past Monday?

60 degrees in Dec is pretty odd

Depends where you're at.

Forum List

Back