A Big 'Uh Oh' For Warmists!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
How long before the global warmists throw in the towel?

Can we get an intervention for Rocks?

1."Global-warming ‘proof’ is evaporating

2. The 2013 hurricane season just ended as one of the five quietest years since 1960. But don’t expect anyone who pointed to last year’s hurricanes as “proof” of the need to act against global warming to apologize; the warmists don’t work that way.

3. ...claims of a severe increase in hurricane activity go back to 2005 and Hurricane Katrina. The cover of Al Gore’s 2009 book, “Our Choice: A Plan to Solve the Climate Crisis,” even features a satellite image of the globe with four major hurricanes.....

4. ....evidence to the contrary was there all along. Back in 2005 I and others reviewed the entire hurricane record, which goes back over a century, and found no increase of any kind.....then repeated their false claims after Hurricane Sandy last year.

5. ....it somehow wasn’t front-page news that committed believers in man-made global warming recently admitted there’s been no surface global warming for well over a decade and maybe none for decades more....the previous warming may not have been man-made at all.

6. They not only conceded that average global surface temperatures stopped warming a full 15 years ago, but that this “pause” could extend into the 2030s.
Mind you, the term “pause” is misleading in the extreme: Unless and until it resumes again, it’s just a “stop.” You don’t say a bullet-ridden body “paused” breathing.

7. ...five years ago, the head of the International Panel on Climate Change, the group most associated with “proving” that global warming is man-made and has horrific potential consequences, told Congress that Earth is running a “fever” that’s “apt to get much worse.” Yet he and IPCC knew the warming had stopped a decade earlier.

8. ...because it has occurred when “greenhouse gases” have been pouring into the atmosphere at record levels, it shows at the very least that something natural is at play here.....the earth was cooling and warming long before so-called GHGs could have been a factor.

9. .... the rush to kill debate. The Los Angeles Times has even announced that it will no longer print letters to the editor questioning man-made global warming. Had the Times been printing before Columbus, perhaps it would have banned letters saying the Earth was round.

10. ....warmists have been proved wrong time and again, each time reacting with little more than pictures of forlorn polar bears on ice floes and trying to shut down the opposition. (More bad timing: Arctic ice increased by almost a third this past year, while that at the South Pole was thicker and wider than it’s been in 35 years.)"
Global-warming ?proof? is evaporating | New York Post

Yup....and I've been working on this, as well...

....the conclusion of my research proves that snow causes global warming!

And....my solution: I've been throwing aspirins into the toilet to decrease the Earth's fever.

Quiet hurricane season? Perhaps you ought to consult the Filipinos before spouting nonsense like that.

Last edited:
The true believers will hang onto global warming like it was Bigfoot.

The more sane are getting the message.

Warmist claims of a severe increase in hurricane activity go back to 2005 and Hurricane Katrina. The cover of Al Gore’s 2009 book, “Our Choice: A Plan to Solve the Climate Crisis,” even features a satellite image of the globe with four major hurricanes superimposed.
Yet the evidence to the contrary was there all along. Back in 2005 I and others reviewed the entire hurricane record, which goes back over a century, and found no increase of any kind. Yes, we sometimes get bad storms — but no more frequently now than in the past. The advocates simply ignored that evidence — then repeated their false claims after Hurricane Sandy last year.
And the media play along. For example, it somehow wasn’t front-page news that committed believers in man-made global warming recently admitted there’s been no surface global warming for well over a decade and maybe none for decades more. Nor did we see warmists conceding that their explanation is essentially a confession that the previous warming may not have been man-made at all.
That admission came in a new paper by prominent warmists in the peer-reviewed journal Climate Dynamics. They not only conceded that average global surface temperatures stopped warming a full 15 years ago, but that this “pause” could extend into the 2030s.

Hurricane Sandy as referenced, wasn't a hurricane at all. Warm delusions might still call it a hurricane but it wasn't. Had it not been for a blast of arctic air that turned the tropical depression into a superstorm, Sandy would have done nothing but rain.

How long before the global warmists throw in the towel?

Can we get an intervention for Rocks?

1."Global-warming ‘proof’ is evaporating

2. The 2013 hurricane season just ended as one of the five quietest years since 1960. But don’t expect anyone who pointed to last year’s hurricanes as “proof” of the need to act against global warming to apologize; the warmists don’t work that way.

3. ...claims of a severe increase in hurricane activity go back to 2005 and Hurricane Katrina. The cover of Al Gore’s 2009 book, “Our Choice: A Plan to Solve the Climate Crisis,” even features a satellite image of the globe with four major hurricanes.....

4. ....evidence to the contrary was there all along. Back in 2005 I and others reviewed the entire hurricane record, which goes back over a century, and found no increase of any kind.....then repeated their false claims after Hurricane Sandy last year.

5. ....it somehow wasn’t front-page news that committed believers in man-made global warming recently admitted there’s been no surface global warming for well over a decade and maybe none for decades more....the previous warming may not have been man-made at all.

6. They not only conceded that average global surface temperatures stopped warming a full 15 years ago, but that this “pause” could extend into the 2030s.
Mind you, the term “pause” is misleading in the extreme: Unless and until it resumes again, it’s just a “stop.” You don’t say a bullet-ridden body “paused” breathing.

7. ...five years ago, the head of the International Panel on Climate Change, the group most associated with “proving” that global warming is man-made and has horrific potential consequences, told Congress that Earth is running a “fever” that’s “apt to get much worse.” Yet he and IPCC knew the warming had stopped a decade earlier.

8. ...because it has occurred when “greenhouse gases” have been pouring into the atmosphere at record levels, it shows at the very least that something natural is at play here.....the earth was cooling and warming long before so-called GHGs could have been a factor.

9. .... the rush to kill debate. The Los Angeles Times has even announced that it will no longer print letters to the editor questioning man-made global warming. Had the Times been printing before Columbus, perhaps it would have banned letters saying the Earth was round.

10. ....warmists have been proved wrong time and again, each time reacting with little more than pictures of forlorn polar bears on ice floes and trying to shut down the opposition. (More bad timing: Arctic ice increased by almost a third this past year, while that at the South Pole was thicker and wider than it’s been in 35 years.)"

Yup....and I've been working on this, as well...

....the conclusion of my research proves that snow causes global warming!

And....my solution: I've been throwing aspirins into the toilet to decrease the Earth's fever.
Nonsense.

All this is just further proof of global war, er, climate change.

DENIER! :lol:

Suggesting that a significant increase in the Earth's temperature will have no effect on our weather is unsupportable.

I don't do that. The world's climate scientists don't do that. It's just as ridiculous, though, to claim that increasing temperatures will have no effect. Our weather is DRIVEN by that heat. It's like claiming that pressing on my car's gas pedal will have no effect on the car's velocity.

Last edited:
I don't do that. The world's climate scientists don't do that. It's just as ridiculous to claim that increasing temperatures will have no effect. Our weather is DRIVEN by that heat. It's like claiming that pressing on my car's gas pedal has no effect.

The argument is that man caused increased heat and is unproven, the argument is that we have warmed for 30 years now, a blatant lie we have seen no increase in 15 years. The increase we did see was minor.

The strawman is you claiming we are arguing something we are not.

The polar bears can't possibly be falling off their pitiful melting ice floes when it's freaking -40 in the US before winter even started unless you have faith in the church of the great and wondrous god of warming.

Yes, you do and they do.

I'm terribly sorry, but no we do not. However, increased temperatures increase the intensity of our weather so the temperature increases we have experienced are responsible, to some degree, for the intensity of all our weather. It is ridiculous to say that global warming caused some specific storm, but it is equally ridiculous to say it had no part in its creation.

Yes, you do and they do.

I'm terribly sorry, but no we do not. However, increased temperatures increase the intensity of our weather so the temperature increases we have experienced are responsible, to some degree, for the intensity of all our weather. It is ridiculous to say that global warming caused some specific storm, but it is equally ridiculous to say it had no part in its creation.
IOW, no matter what happens, it's all the fault of anthropogenic global war, er, climate change. :doubt:

Yes, you do and they do.

There has been no increase in global temperatures for 15 years. And the previous 15 years saw a very small increase.

Further there is no compelling evidence man caused what did happen since for the last 15 years all the things that supposedly caused the increase are still happening and there has been NO INCREASE.

The argument is that man caused increased heat and is unproven, the argument is that we have warmed for 30 years now, a blatant lie we have seen no increase in 15 years. The increase we did see was minor.

AGW is accepted as valid by the vast majority of the world's climate scientists.

NOTHING is ever proven in the natural sciences. If you're waiting for proof, you'd best strap yourself to the floor so you don't float away when gravity fails.

We have seen an warming at a truly unprecedented rate for the last 150 years.

There was a greater warming hiatus between 1941 and 1979 than anything we've experienced lately and it did NOT mark the end of global warming.

You have no other mechanism that comes anywhere near to AGW's ability to explain the climate's behavior since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution.

Temperatures are STILL increasing but at a smaller rate. Check the data yourself.

IOW, no matter what happens, it's all the fault of anthropogenic global war, er, climate change. :doubt:

I don't understand your continued use of the term "anthropogenic global war". If you're trying to say something with it, your subtlety eludes me.

The polar bears can't possibly be falling off their pitiful melting ice floes when it's freaking -40 in the US before winter even started unless you have faith in the church of the great and wondrous god of warming.

As I write, the temperature at the North Pole is 29.3F.

AGW is accepted as valid by the vast majority of the world's climate scientists.

NOTHING is ever proven in the natural sciences. If you're waiting for proof, you'd best strap yourself to the floor so you don't float away when gravity fails.

We have seen an warming at a truly unprecedented rate for the last 150 years.

There was a greater warming hiatus between 1941 and 1979 than anything we've experienced lately and it did NOT mark the end of global warming.

You have no other mechanism that comes anywhere near to AGW's ability to explain the climate's behavior since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution.

Temperatures are STILL increasing but at a smaller rate. Check the data yourself.

Check the manipulated data? Show me the raw data unmanipulated by the cult of warming. Even your buddies admit that for 15 years there has been no warming. If as claimed CO2 caused the increase in the previous 15 years, why did it stop for the last 15 years?

Noting of the the silly straw man argument aside, suggesting that any and every weather event is attributable to AGW is just plain old daffy.

It's not just weather. EVERYTHING is caused by AGW:

A complete list of things caused by global warming

A random sample:
... coral fish suffer, coral reefs dying, coral reefs grow, coral reefs shrink, coral reefs twilight, cost of trillions, cougar attacks, crabgrass menace, cradle of civilisation threatened, creatures move uphill, crime increase, crocodile sex, crocodiles driven from water, crops devastated, crop failures increase, cross-breeding, crumbling roads, buildings and sewage systems, cryptococcal disease, curriculum change, cyclones (Australia), damselflies forced back to UK, danger to kid's health, Darfur, Dartford Warbler plague, daylight increase, deadly virus outbreaks, death rate increase (US), death rate drop, deaths to reach 6 million, decades of progress at risk, Dengue hemorrhagic fever, depression...​

:eek: Not the crabgrass menace!!

Yes, you do and they do.

The weather hasn't gotten any worse.

You keep saying things that simply aren't true.

Forum List

Back