Something is wrong with the weather

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Ok. I don't know why or what causes it, or who if anyone is to blame. Not the point.

But something is wrong with the weather. Here in SC, we're getting wild, 30-40 degree swings over 24-36 hour periods. Today it is supposed to hit near 80 in Charleston. In 36 hours, the high may not even reach 55. 2 weeks ago same thing. It was a high of 45 one day. Hit 76 the next day. I know there are warm and cold fronts that come through. And in past Decembers, we may gradually build up from the 40's/50's with a warm front over 2-4 days and the temps climb gradually, then drop gradually.

But this is crazy. Wild temp swings. We had a lightning storm Thanksgiving week down here.
WTF is going on?

Ok. I don't know why or what causes it, or who if anyone is to blame. Not the point.

But something is wrong with the weather. Here in SC, we're getting wild, 30-40 degree swings over 24-36 hour periods. Today it is supposed to hit near 80 in Charleston. In 36 hours, the high may not even reach 55. 2 weeks ago same thing. It was a high of 45 one day. Hit 76 the next day. I know there are warm and cold fronts that come through. And in past Decembers, we may gradually build up from the 40's/50's with a warm front over 2-4 days and the temps climb gradually, then drop gradually.

But this is crazy. Wild temp swings. We had a lightning storm Thanksgiving week down here.
WTF is going on?

You know the old saying in the South, if you don't like weather just wait a couple of hours.

Its called weather.

And my car is called a car. But sometimes it has problems too.

Never seen huge swings in temp like we're having down here. Been here 20 years, and in SC for almost 40. Never seen this. Very weird.

I was heading south to get my catahoula bitch Ruby Starr when I went down in 2000. Snow in the Carolinas. Rolled in with old men laughing their asses off remembering what it was like in _____fill in the blank.

It's called weather.

WTF is going on?

You know the old saying in the South, if you don't like weather just wait a couple of hours.

Haha, yeah, true. That usually is referring to rain. Storms pop up quick down here.

But temperatures? Its always hot in late spring, summer, early fall. Winters are mild. 40's and 50's.

But lately, we've gotten wild swings in temps. Highs in the 40's one day, near 80 the next, and back and forth.

Its called weather.

Never seen huge swings in temp like we're having down here. Been here 20 years, and in SC for almost 40. Never seen this. Very weird.

Don't hand me that shit. We hit snow big time in the Carolinas. We're talking 2000. This was the 13 state tour picking up my breeder bitch.

I froze my ass off. In the south.

WTF is going on?

Haha, yeah, true. That usually is referring to rain. Storms pop up quick down here.

But temperatures? Its always hot in late spring, summer, early fall. Winters are mild. 40's and 50's.

But lately, we've gotten wild swings in temps. Highs in the 40's one day, near 80 the next, and back and forth.

I'm not trying to be mean to you. I garden. Ok I get harvests off what I plant. I am in tune with the "weather". I have to be.

I also travel. I always look at the weather.

Its 60 here in MD...I thought I was going to see a bunch of "Har Har Global Cooling its hot now" threads from the cons here

Its called weather.

Don't hand me that shit. We hit snow big time in the Carolinas. We're talking 2000. This was the 13 state tour picking up my breeder bitch.

I froze my ass off. In the south.

In upper state South Carolina, foothills of the mountains, you do get a few snowstorms every year. I've been in Charleston 20 years. Seen "snow" twice. Never more than an inch either time.

It does get cold in the upstate. But swings from highs in the 30's up there, to 75 today, and on the coast, highs in the low 40's one day, and almost 80 today, is insane.

Never had wild, large swings in temps that quick, and its happening weekly here it seems.

Its called weather.

...Such Cerebral

It's really that simple. You expect Washington to fix the weather on the planet?

Means you're a Democrat. They can't fix potholes. They can't even get a website running to roll out Obama's signature legislation.

But now on top of giving your asshole government to wreck health care, now you want to turn over the weather predictions to them? A 50 year prediction by the bloviator Al Gore?

How crazy are you progressives?

Last edited:
It's just the beginning of December and we are all hunkered in the house trying to keep warm. USUALLY, I am still in my tank tops and capri's or even just a sarong all the way to xmas day. Not this go round of cold where I have to wear socks to bed and have 3 blankets.

Hell, I even woke up in the middle of the night with my knee joints and hand joints throbbing. Methinks the farmers alamac is right...this is going to be a bad winter.

Its called weather.

...Such Cerebral

It's really that simple. You expect Washington to fix the weather on the planet?

More of that awesome intellect on display

Means you're a Democrat. They can't fix potholes. They can't even get a website running to roll out Obama's signature legislation.

But now on top of giving your asshole government to wreck health care, now you want to turn over the weather predictions to them? A 50 year prediction by the bloviator Al Gore?

How crazy are you progressives?

There it is! The Al Gore jab that has nothing to do with nothing.

Its hot, where is the hahaha Global Cooling threads?

But you're right Tiny. Why do anything? Everything sucks! Everyone sucks! America is lame!

WTF is going on?

The world is coming to end.... unless of course we buy carbon credits.

Just ask Al Gore.

WTF is going on?

I've seen that here in San Diego.

And here we have MILD weather.

Buck up. It's called "weather", and sometimes it gets crazy. If you were expecting something routine every day, you haven't been paying attention, or thinking.

Forum List

Back