Some of the reasons why Americans of all political backgrounds oppose funding and supporting Ukraine.

No, not at all. They don't want NATO....US...... lining up missiles at the ukrainian border.
What fucking missiles are you talking about? No one has any short-range ballistic missiles since the 1990s. The US, UK and France all use submarine launched missiles for their nuclear deterrence. We also have silo based ICBMs here in the the continental US.

So what missiles are the Russians scared of?

What fucking missiles are you talking about? No one has any short-range ballistic missiles since the 1990s. The US, UK and France all use submarine launched missiles for their nuclear deterrence. We also have silo based ICBMs here in the the continental US.

So what missiles are the Russians scared of?
Lord Scupper Trout,

I don't know why you think this is funny. You obviously do not have an answer.

Stalin was worse than hitler. Hitler had about 6 million killed while stalin killed about 60 million.
stalin was our hero in World War Two, and they wanted buffers and they conquered all those countries. I think they would have won the war without land lease. 25 million killed OMG.

at any rate, Putin has gone too far, attacking a sovereign country in Europe for no reason. as he well knows... He just wants it LOL. he is evil and people who are not for democracy, reality, and civility are evil. Maga is now out of control misinformed....

Last edited:
Yeah, they didn't want it until FDR sat on Stalin, and Churchill held his arm behind his back until he agreed!
russia has always wanted control of them. They won the war and deserved buffers. But of course dictators are evil. Like Putin and Trump unfortunately looks like... Invading other sovereign countries is out, especially if they are democracies and you are not.

They should invite Putin to join the EU and NATO period Of course he would have to follow through like every other EU country. Fair elections democracy human rights Etcetera

They occupied eastern europe because churchill and fdr ceded it off to them.
Yes. Churchill and FDR conceded the "sphere of influence".

No. The Russians stayed in Eastern Europe for 50 years because they wanted (a) a buffer between themselves and Western Europe and (b) it was economically advantageous.

They still want that buffer. And it would still be economically advantageous for them to re-take Eastern Europe.

They shall have neither.

We shall deny it to them.

And they can eat $hit if they don't like it.

Phukk 'em.

Yes. Churchill and FDR conceded the "sphere of influence".

No. The Russians stayed in Eastern Europe for 50 years because they wanted (a) a buffer between themselves and Western Europe and (b) it was economically advantageous.

They still want that buffer. And it would still be economically advantageous for them to re-take Eastern Europe.

They shall have neither.

We shall deny it to them.

And they can eat $hit if they don't like it.

Phukk 'em.

And what did we tell them when they came to Cuba? In our sphere? Surely, you can deduce why they don't want us parked up near the border since we're the ones always pushing wars.

Tell me about that Russian collusion you lying piece of shit.
I don't know how deep it goes but they met with soviets who said they had dirt on Hillary. Trump denies being in on that meeting but his boys met with them. That we know for a fact.

We know Trump has contacts in Russia. He does business there right? It's a very corrupt place.

He met with Putin in private. No one there taking transcripts. Very shady. Never been done before.

Funny Russia invades Ukraine after they refuse to dig dirt up on Trump's political opponent.

So much.

I don't know how deep it goes but they met with soviets who said they had dirt on Hillary. Trump denies being in on that meeting but his boys met with them. That we know for a fact.

We know Trump has contacts in Russia. He does business there right? It's a very corrupt place.

He met with Putin in private. No one there taking transcripts. Very shady. Never been done before.

Funny Russia invades Ukraine after they refuse to dig dirt up on Trump's political opponent.

So much.
Too bad for Putin that trump is not around to wreck NATO for him...

And what did we tell them when they came to Cuba? In our sphere?
We told them to get out.
Surely, you can deduce why they don't want us parked up near the border
Oh, it's understandable, alright.

Their trouble is, that nobody ( Ukraine, Poland, Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey, Finland, Sweden, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania ) who is a neighbor of theirs - virtually all of them friends and/or allies of ours - trusts the Russians to stay on their own side of the Federation border - and with very good reason.

since we're the ones always pushing wars.
That's both inaccurate and laughable...

Russia has re-invaded or suppressed virtually every country that was formerly a member of the join-at-gunpoint Warsaw Pact between the 1940s and 1980s.

Russia engaged in proxy warfare in Vietnam and the Middle East and Africa and Central America.

Russia invaded Afghanistan and ( far more viciously and far more extensively ) Ukraine.

Your isolationist ( indeed, if not subversive ) perspective on Russia and its motives and prospects if left-alone is both naive dangerous to Western civilization.

Consequently, I reject that perspective as contrary to the best interests of the American People in the long-run and in both a tactical and strategic sense.

We told them to get out.

Oh, it's understandable, alright.

Their trouble is, that nobody ( Ukraine, Poland, Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey, Finland, Sweden, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania ) who is a neighbor of theirs - virtually all of them friends and/or allies of ours - trusts the Russians to stay on their own side of the Federation border - and with very good reason.

That's both inaccurate and laughable...

Russia has re-invaded or suppressed virtually every country that was formerly a member of the join-at-gunpoint Warsaw Pact between the 1940s and 1980s.

Russia engaged in proxy warfare in Vietnam and the Middle East and Africa and Central America.

Russia invaded Afghanistan and ( far more viciously and far more extensively ) Ukraine.

Your isolationist ( indeed, if not subversive ) perspective on Russia and its motives and prospects if left-alone is both naive dangerous to Western civilization.

Consequently, I reject that perspective as contrary to the best interests of the American People in the long-run and in both a tactical and strategic sense.

Bull, we have engaged in numerous proxy wars and incursions going back to north korea. Isolationist, yeah, I'll take that over our war it up mentality around the world ANYDAY. Russia just ain't enough, now our military complex has an erection for china. War, war, war...............yeah, we're the pros at it. How many innocent people did we kill in vietnam? 2,000,000 uh huh, iraq............another million, and the body count rolls on as the green from the taxpayers lines the pockets up mcdonnel douglas, northrup, boeing..........murrica!!! Wrap that flag around you and march on.

My take on it as a Conservative/Libertarian leanings.

As a child of the Cold War and Vietnam Veteran I have no love for the Russians. They have been the bad guys for my entire life. We hoped the sonofabitches would have start playing nice after the fall of the Soviet Union, but they didn't.

Their invasion of Ukraine was despicable. Killing civilians, especially children and destroying the infrastructure of the "breadbasket of Europe" was one of the most shitty things ever done.since WWII. The stories of what the Russians did in occupied areas are atrocious. Rape, murder and wanton killing of children.

However, I have no particular love of the Ukrainians. Many of them are corrupt just like the government but I have compassion for the innocents caught up in the destruction.

I have great admiration for the Ukrainians that are standing up to the invasion. They are suffering tremendous casualties. They did not give up like we have seen other countries do.

As a Conservative I have no dog in this fight. We can't be the world's policeman and fight everybody's wars for them.

As far as aid to the Ukrainians I have mixed emotions about it. The emotions are conflicting by the way.

On one hand I think that that Potatohead and the Democrats are almost certain to be skimming some of the aid for their own coffers. I suspect a significant amount of the aid is going to find its way back to the Democrats.

As far as giving them aid when we are $31 trillion in debt. I am always against welfare both domestic and foreign. However, the reality is that our debt is so massive what we give the Ukrainians is hardly in the roundup. We have spent so much money on stupid and wasteful shit what is a little more for killing invading Russians?

I want the Russians to fail at the invasion. The last thing we need the Russians to have a conquest victory under their belt. I suspect that in the long run that would come back to bite us in the ass some way.

This is a shitshow no matter how we look at it. I appreciate other viewpoints.

Bull, we have engaged in numerous proxy wars and incursions going back to north korea. Isolationist, yeah, I'll take that over our war it up mentality around the world ANYDAY. Russia just ain't enough, now our military complex has an erection for china. War, war, war...............yeah, we're the pros at it. How many innocent people did we kill in vietnam? 2,000,000 uh huh, iraq............another million, and the body count rolls on as the green from the taxpayers lines the pockets up mcdonnel douglas, northrup, boeing..........murrica!!! Wrap that flag around you and march on.
being the leader of the free world is not so easy. the Republicans have put us in some really stupid wars. Like Iraq and Afghanistan and covert action in Latin America and overthrowing Allende Iran in 1953. Etcetera Etcetera Etcetera. But korea and Vietnam were not two of them. Of course we had to get South Korea back from the North Koreans who had invaded LOL. Vietnam was a mistake but the bad part was Nixon and his secret plan And the giant bombing of the north that killed millions for nothing.

Forum List

Back