Sock puppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read claims made countless times that moderators actions are completely limited by the rules of the site. The site rules are quite unequivocal about sock puppets, so if this statement were actually TRUE, then nobody would have sock puppets. The fact that the existance of sock puppets is openly acknowledged by staff means that this statement is obviously false, even as it is repeated time and time again.

My question is this: since you are definitely using your own discretion on whether or not to allow posters multiple accounts, what do you use to determine who gets one and who doesn't? Is it simply a matter of allowing friends to get away with things that those who challenge you don't, is it because of the politics involved, or what? I have just one account -- me. Your allowing others to have multiple accounts runs contrary to the stated rules of this site.

If the "sock" fits then wear it? Seems to me most of them are rather obvious—and often hilarious.
I love the ones who know the board after 50 posts. Ding Dongs.
And the ones that share passwords with other socks.
Hell, even Gunny did that with members.
I believe the members in question logged on while he was at work without his knowledge. Allegedly.
I was here and it sure was something to see JBeukema, Sunni Man, Truthmatters and more as admins.
Oh that.. lol
Not what I was referring to. But amusing just the same. :)
That wasn't gunny that did that. Forgot his name....thunder something? Then he opened his own board, named it the same as this one but was dot org or something. That guy really did a number on this place and I was here too, when it went down, with the worst of the worst being admins and mods. I kept blinking and refreshing and mumbling wtf wtf wtf?

I remember I pmd Care4all cuz she was a mod at that time, telling her the board was being invaded or something.

I miss cereal killer.

That ol Gunny. He sure made the rounds with the ladies too. Pixie, then another gal..forgot her name. Hell, hes probably here still, as a sock.

Whats kinda funny are the ones that got peeved off at usmb and then started their own boards, took their cronies with them, and commenced to destroy that which they built then came running back here. But they stick to the safe place for socks...FZ.

I remember I pmd Care4all cuz she was a mod at that time, telling her the board was being invaded or something.

I miss cereal killer.
He's still here.

I have read claims made countless times that moderators actions are completely limited by the rules of the site. The site rules are quite unequivocal about sock puppets, so if this statement were actually TRUE, then nobody would have sock puppets. The fact that the existance of sock puppets is openly acknowledged by staff means that this statement is obviously false, even as it is repeated time and time again.

My question is this: since you are definitely using your own discretion on whether or not to allow posters multiple accounts, what do you use to determine who gets one and who doesn't? Is it simply a matter of allowing friends to get away with things that those who challenge you don't, is it because of the politics involved, or what? I have just one account -- me. Your allowing others to have multiple accounts runs contrary to the stated rules of this site.

If the "sock" fits then wear it? Seems to me most of them are rather obvious—and often hilarious.
I love the ones who know the board after 50 posts. Ding Dongs.
And the ones that share passwords with other socks.
Hell, even Gunny did that with members.
I believe the members in question logged on while he was at work without his knowledge. Allegedly.
I was here and it sure was something to see JBeukema, Sunni Man, Truthmatters and more as admins.
Oh that.. lol
Not what I was referring to. But amusing just the same. :)
That wasn't gunny that did that. Forgot his name....thunder something? Then he opened his own board, named it the same as this one but was dot org or something. That guy really did a number on this place and I was here too, when it went down, with the worst of the worst being admins and mods. I kept blinking and refreshing and mumbling wtf wtf wtf?
Darn. All these juicy stories that I will never understand. Internet puffs of smoke like a fart in the wind.

I
am just a lowly, barely past rookie status water carrier. The lowest rung on the scrotum pole.

And that is the prob with socks. You either hate or love them as their known name, then they come back as a sock and you either love or hate them. Vice versa.

Mods use IP addresses to check and see if you're a sock. But IP spoofers as well as simply changing your IP can easily get around that. They can also use cookies but there are only about 50 different cookie wiping programs available free.

There are also ways socks act that gives them away, usually VERY early in their sock puppet lives. But I can't disclose them because I don't want to give socks information that would help them remain socks.

Last edited:
Mods use IP addresses to check and see if you're a sock. But IP spoofers as well as simply changing your IP can easily get around that. They can also use cookies but there are only about 50 different cookie wiping programs available free.

There are also ways socks act that gives them away, usually VERY early in their sock puppet lives. But I can't disclose them because I don't want to give socks information that would help them remain socks.
Since social media...of which message boards are a part of....can do whatever they want. Twatter, Parler, GAB, FB, etc....so they shouldn't HAVE to prove someone here is a sock if they suspect the person is. Just ban their asses again. They will come back with yet another sock, so who the fuck cares? Like I said..most stay in the FZ. It's their sanctuary mini city.

You have to be the biggest fucking loser on Earth to go through that bullshit. My God...lolol.....Oh wait, 99% are libturds so I just explained that.

You have to be the biggest fucking loser on Earth to go through that bullshit. My God...lolol.....Oh wait, 99% are libturds so I just explained that.
If yer kicked out..that means you are not wanted. Why go back to where you aren't wanted???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back