Sock puppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I have one old account under the name Bruce T. Laney and when I came back I created this new account because I didn’t know the password of the old one any longer and wanted to change my name.

I did not hide from the moderation team and they fully know who I am...

So this new account could be consider a sock account but at least I was honest about who I am unlike some on here...

I know I have one old account under the name Bruce T. Laney and when I came back I created this new account because I didn’t know the password of the old one any longer and wanted to change my name.

So this new account could be consider a sock account but at least I was honest about who I am unlike some on here...
meh. . . I don't believe it.

Bruce had a better sense of humor.

Does that make Bruce the anti-sock. . . what is that, an old brown shoe? :dunno:

ya stepping out of that old brown shoe now? :heehee:

I think an exception should be made if you're running for higher office, and only during that time. However, functional grassroots organization and actual goals, particularly where millions of dollars are processed, are pretty much foreign on a board like this, so socks aren't even useful for anything.

Consider this. After a full day of punching keystrokes back an forth, have you ever asked yourself what you've actually accomplished? Have you changed the course of history in any way?

In other words, I suppose what I'm asking is what is it exactly that said socks are actually interfering with?

Reason I clarify is because, sure, I get that a lot of people just wanna sit around in their free time and shoot the breeze about political topics of interest. There's nothing wrong with that. Heck, I've made a lot of friends over the years on political boards. Even though I've only been on a few. I could count em on less than five fingers, actually.

But given that this is really all most folks wanna do anyway, and there are, of course, those who represent the larger demographic who are only interested in calling each other no good, dirty rotten, filthy, stinking, lefty wingers or no good, dirty, rotten, filthy, stinking righty wingers back and forth ad nauseam, I just find the complaints about socks to be kind of frivolous, unless they're committing criminal acts. I mean it's not really like they're interfering with anything productive. You know?

Last edited:
You'd have to be a real loser to have a bunch of accounts and post from them all to give the false impression that your view is more popular than it really is. Do people actually do that or is it just paranoia that makes people think so?

meh. . . I don't believe it.

Bruce had a better sense of humor.

Does that make Bruce the anti-sock. . . what is that, an old brown shoe? :dunno:

ya stepping out of that old brown shoe now? :heehee:

Anyhoo, I can’t write what I would like upstairs because ya know the Gawd of the USMB would smite me for being the trollish nightmare they all love to hate!!!

But

As for Socks there are plenty of them and I am sure the Gawds of the USMB have a pair or two and why wouldn’t they because I can not believe that many people come here to converse when you have Farsebook and Twatter...

( I can already see Flac with the muzzle and Aye with the rolled up newspaper screaming “ Sit Ubu Sit, dumb dog! “ as she swats me on the nose!!!

i get the giggles when i am accused of being one or having one.

1607182919045.png

~S~

Who besides the mods have these accounts?
]QUOTE="Dogmaphobe, post: 26060565, member: 51474"]
Sock puppets are force multipliers - just ask Larsky.

Exactly, and that is why posters have them. It isn't at all fair to allow them as they are used to gang up against a target and give the impression that a viewpoint is more widespread than it is.

Why are they allowed when the site rules state they aren't? Who gets to have them and who doesn't? What is the criteria being used to determine who receives that privilege?
[/QUOTE]

Who besides t

Exactly, and that is why posters have them. It isn't at all fair to allow them as they are used to gang up against a target and give the impression that a viewpoint is more widespread than it is.

Why are they allowed when the site rules state they aren't? Who gets to have them and who doesn't? What is the criteria being used to determine who receives that privilege?
He mods have these accounts?
I don't use a sock, so there's that

Who besides t

Would a person who uses a sock puppet admit to it?

You can tell by the odor....I have seen only one mod sock so far.
Who besides t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back