Sock puppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read claims made countless times that moderators actions are completely limited by the rules of the site. The site rules are quite unequivocal about sock puppets, so if this statement were actually TRUE, then nobody would have sock puppets. The fact that the existance of sock puppets is openly acknowledged by staff means that this statement is obviously false, even as it is repeated time and time again.

My question is this: since you are definitely using your own discretion on whether or not to allow posters multiple accounts, what do you use to determine who gets one and who doesn't? Is it simply a matter of allowing friends to get away with things that those who challenge you don't, is it because of the politics involved, or what? I have just one account -- me. Your allowing others to have multiple accounts runs contrary to the stated rules of this site.
There sure have been a few of them popping up lately,always the Biden fans because just as you said,sock puppets are pretty much libtards who embarrass themselves and hide.
99 outta 100 it is a Libtardian. Like fraud votes. 99%libturd.

I have read claims made countless times that moderators actions are completely limited by the rules of the site. The site rules are quite unequivocal about sock puppets, so if this statement were actually TRUE, then nobody would have sock puppets. The fact that the existance of sock puppets is openly acknowledged by staff means that this statement is obviously false, even as it is repeated time and time again.

My question is this: since you are definitely using your own discretion on whether or not to allow posters multiple accounts, what do you use to determine who gets one and who doesn't? Is it simply a matter of allowing friends to get away with things that those who challenge you don't, is it because of the politics involved, or what? I have just one account -- me. Your allowing others to have multiple accounts runs contrary to the stated rules of this site.
Socks are not allowed on this board and we will get rid of them as they pop up. Here is the rub, proving that it is a sock.
There are methods we use to identify a sock (which I won't divulge). But, there are times where we can only guess it's a sock, and
have a gut feeling it's a sock, but can't prove it's a sock. So, we have to wait for it to make a mistake.
It has nothing to do with letting a good ol' boy, or good ol' girl get away with one. We don't work that way.
Yeah I know you don’t work that way.I remember cereal killer when he was the admin here telling me favorites were not played. The only thing is you guys unfortunately can’t get detect ALL the sock puppets here and that is because quite a few of them are from Langley like candyass,wrongwinger and soupnazi who all have socks and the people at Langley,they easily can easily disguise their multiple accounts they are under and make it look like they have a differerent IP addresses not hard to do at all.

If the "sock" fits then wear it? Seems to me most of them are rather obvious—and often hilarious.
I love the ones who know the board after 50 posts. Ding Dongs.
And the ones that share passwords with other socks.
Damned. I never heard of that before..........BAWWWWWWHAHA!!!.......Dogs eat each others poop so it sounds logical.

If the "sock" fits then wear it? Seems to me most of them are rather obvious—and often hilarious.
How dare you?

ding was very good at portraying a newbie.

It was a commanding performance.

I should know.

Or should I?

:cool:
I said Ding Dong off the top of my head. Lol A lot of people named Ding Dong here.

How dare you?

ding was very good at portraying a newbie.

It was a commanding performance.

I should know.

Or should I?

:cool:
I said Ding Dong off the top of my head.
I know, but the opportunity was there.

:dunno:

This is NOT TRUE all of the time.

But the people with reaction scores of 20% or higher are usually the better posters.................NOT ALWAYS though.....So no butthurt..Those over 50% are usually funnier than S.

I see Ding Dongs with 20,000 posts with a 5% Reaction Score........LOLOL................That means you irritate the hell outta everyone.

The most hilarious thing is when a long time member forgets to sign out of the Main Handle and starts posting unknowingly as a Sock....BAWWWWHAHA!!!

Hell, even Gunny did that with members.
I believe the members in question logged on while he was at work without his knowledge. Allegedly.

I believe the members in question logged on while he was at work without his knowledge. Allegedly.
I was here and it sure was something to see JBeukema, Sunni Man, Truthmatters and more as admins.

I was here and it sure was something to see JBeukema, Sunni Man, Truthmatters and more as admins.
Oh that.. lol
Not what I was referring to. But amusing just the same. :)

Lol. I seen it a few times. You're finished after that boo-boo....LOL

Who besides t
Sock puppets are force multipliers - just ask Larsky.

Exactly, and that is why posters have them. It isn't at all fair to allow them as they are used to gang up against a target and give the impression that a viewpoint is more widespread than it is.

Why are they allowed when the site rules state they aren't? Who gets to have them and who doesn't? What is the criteria being used to determine who receives that privilege?
He mods have these accounts?
I don't use a sock, so there's that

Would a person who uses a sock puppet admit to it?
Some don't, some do. I have no reason to lie. My sock would end up getting banned anyways.
I hardly hold back with my my opinions now, a sock would only encourage me
Ya...me too :lol:

And then I'd have to keep track of who said what...OMG!
Yes if that was the issue, but you both know of members who are socked up and causing ish.

And often.... from that ish, comes the issues.

Lair!

The big question is what handle will welsheropy will use as his sock when he loses his bet and tries to come back because this board is his life lol
The bigger question is why toro still thinks Hillary won.

zUuiKA9.png

It has been said that Toro moved 1200+ miles to Vancouver so that he could throw his support behind Svend Robinson.

7f0cc634.jpg

Who besides t
Sock puppets are force multipliers - just ask Larsky.

Exactly, and that is why posters have them. It isn't at all fair to allow them as they are used to gang up against a target and give the impression that a viewpoint is more widespread than it is.

Why are they allowed when the site rules state they aren't? Who gets to have them and who doesn't? What is the criteria being used to determine who receives that privilege?
He mods have these accounts?
I don't use a sock, so there's that

Would a person who uses a sock puppet admit to it?
Some don't, some do. I have no reason to lie. My sock would end up getting banned anyways.
I hardly hold back with my my opinions now, a sock would only encourage me
Ya...me too :lol:

And then I'd have to keep track of who said what...OMG!
Yes if that was the issue, but you both know of members who are socked up and causing ish.

And often.... from that ish, comes the issues.

I think your my sock. Can't quite remember.
If I was, I would have used "you're" instead of your.

Or would I have?

:lol:

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back