So you don't believe in Climate Change? Neither do these scientists...

I'm 79 years old but I don't see the relevance of age...as the point I was making was much colder temperatures is according to climate change evangelistas, ....climate change is the cause...
The increase could be tied to human caused climate change.
What has been proven is that a warming event destabilized the polar vortex above the North Pole dislodging the arctic air mass to the Deep South.

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.abi9167
A warming event in the arctic might have affected the polar vortex but it’s a leap of faith to believe the warming event in the polar region was due to man made global warming.

A warming event in the arctic might have affected the polar vortex but it’s a leap of faith to believe the warming event in the polar region was due to man made global warming.
Oh I agree with you! The point I was making climatechangevangelistas will link ANYTHING even colder weather to be man made. I'm a realist and there are some issues that climatechangevangelistas have a point but to link EVERYTHING, i.e. cold weather to an issue that's it's core is "global warming" is A reach.
I've still to get an answer from climatechangevangelistas how come there is 36.4 gigaton of Co2 emissions when 3 trillion trees absorb 48 lbs / year of Co2 or 72 gigaton of Co2.
Even when 10.9 billion tons of Co2 part of the world emissions from rotten wood/leaves, is included in the 36.4 billion tons of Co2, that still doesn't explain how trees absorb all that as well as 36.4 gigaton of manmade emissions.

But according this the early cold weather is because...
A study released in September(2021) found that the cold outbreak is linked to a stretching of the polar vortex.

The increase could be tied to human caused climate change. What has been proven is that a warming event destabilized the polar vortex above the North Pole dislodging the arctic air mass to the Deep South.

Cold outbreaks stretch the polar vortex ... not the other way around ... you "paper" is behind a paywall ... could you please read through the conclusions section and tell us what the authors states there ... especially the part about "what has been proven is that a warming event destabilized the polar vortex" ... I'd like to see that proof if you don't mind ...

The cold-snap event in Texas back in 2021 was weather ... not climate ... this happens many times in any 100-year period ... infamously the morning of the Challenger incident ... and this is far better modeled with Rossby Waves, which are around ten times the size and energy content ... the SPV sits very high in the atmosphere, much closer to space than the Earth's surface, and that means very low mass and very little effect on weather ...

Oh I agree with you! The point I was making climatechangevangelistas will link ANYTHING even colder weather to be man made. I'm a realist and there are some issues that climatechangevangelistas have a point but to link EVERYTHING, i.e. cold weather to an issue that's it's core is "global warming" is A reach.
I've still to get an answer from climatechangevangelistas how come there is 36.4 gigaton of Co2 emissions when 3 trillion trees absorb 48 lbs / year of Co2 or 72 gigaton of Co2.
Even when 10.9 billion tons of Co2 part of the world emissions from rotten wood/leaves, is included in the 36.4 billion tons of Co2, that still doesn't explain how trees absorb all that as well as 36.4 gigaton of manmade emissions.

If we emit 36 gigatons of carbon dioxide ... where does it go? ... we're only reading half that amount at the Hawai'i Observatory where we get the Keeling Curve ... no one knows where it goes ... too funny ...

If we emit 36 gigatons of carbon dioxide ... where does it go? ... we're only reading half that amount at the Hawai'i Observatory where we get the Keeling Curve ... no one knows where it goes ... too funny ...
I suspect it’s primarily going into the ocean.

Bugs love carbon.

Photosynthesis takes in carbon dioxide and returns oxygen ... respiration takes in oxygen and returns carbon dioxide ...

Our atmosphere is 22% oxygen, 0.0004% carbon dioxide ... so who's winning? ... photosynthesis or respiration ...

How much energy? ... what comes in solar radiation is converted into chemical energy, not kinetic energy, thermometers won't register this ...

But according this the early cold weather is because...
A study released in September(2021) found that the cold outbreak is linked to a stretching of the polar vortex.

The increase could be tied to human caused climate change. What has been proven is that a warming event destabilized the polar vortex above the North Pole dislodging the arctic air mass to the Deep South.
Al's Little Elves

Have you hugged your polar vortex today? It misses you; and without your warm and fuzzy embrace, it might become depressed and bipolar.

I agree 100% with you! My sarcastic comment about "polar vortex" is that NOW the climatestas think warming is due to man made efforts! And my point has always been... the attached material shows points the biased MSM favoring climate change haven't told us i.e. that the 1.5° F increase since 1880 when first tracking temperatures is MAN-made errors!
Reading a thermometer in -30°to 120° above is very hard as is reading that. Then copying and re-copying several times handwritten is man-made prone errors. Plus as they admit Urban heat zones, i.e. most of the readings done in that environment versus leaving out 12% of land mass... just too many man-made errors in assuming a 1.53° increase!
thermometerproblems.png

I agree 100% with you! My sarcastic comment about "polar vortex" is that NOW the climatestas think warming is due to man made efforts! And my point has always been... the attached material shows points the biased MSM favoring climate change haven't told us i.e. that the 1.5° F increase since 1880 when first tracking temperatures is MAN-made errors!
Reading a thermometer in -30°to 120° above is very hard as is reading that. Then copying and re-copying several times handwritten is man-made prone errors. Plus as they admit Urban heat zones, i.e. most of the readings done in that environment versus leaving out 12% of land mass... just too many man-made errors in assuming a 1.53° increase!
View attachment 727917
I was with you every step of the way. I was just adding on.

Photosynthesis takes in carbon dioxide and returns oxygen ... respiration takes in oxygen and returns carbon dioxide ...

Our atmosphere is 22% oxygen, 0.0004% carbon dioxide ... so who's winning? ... photosynthesis or respiration ...

How much energy? ... what comes in solar radiation is converted into chemical energy, not kinetic energy, thermometers won't register this ...
a895xcbp2w0a1.jpg

emissions_vs_concentrations_1751-2021_madeJun2022.gif

looks like respiration is winning.

Forum List

Back