Nationwide Cold Wave Continues with Numerous Low Temperature Records Likely to Be Set…Intense Great Lakes Snow Event on The Way?

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE
The “perfect” scenario for places like Buffalo and Watertown of western New York State to get pummeled by snow in a Great Lakes snow event is for an extended period of time with low-level W-SW winds – and this is definitely on the table for these locations from later Thursday into the upcoming weekend. Map courtesy NOAA, tropicaltidbits.com

Paul Dorian

Overview

Temperatures across the nation on Wednesday morning averaged out to an impressive reading of nearly 12 degrees (F) below-normal for mid-November and no state in the Lower 48 escaped the colder-than-normal chill. The first widespread snow event of the season took place late Tuesday across the interior, higher elevation locations of the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast US with half of foot of snow recorded in many spots. The next few days will feature a “Great Lakes snow-making machine” that will be turned on in full force and the result may be several feet of snow in some downstream locations such as Buffalo and Watertown in western New York State. The nationwide cold wave will continue right through the upcoming weekend.

Remember

Only hot weather events count as proof of man made global warming

Science!

The “perfect” scenario for places like Buffalo and Watertown of western New York State to get pummeled by snow in a Great Lakes snow event is for an extended period of time with low-level W-SW winds – and this is definitely on the table for these locations from later Thursday into the upcoming weekend. Map courtesy NOAA, tropicaltidbits.com

Paul Dorian

Overview

Temperatures across the nation on Wednesday morning averaged out to an impressive reading of nearly 12 degrees (F) below-normal for mid-November and no state in the Lower 48 escaped the colder-than-normal chill. The first widespread snow event of the season took place late Tuesday across the interior, higher elevation locations of the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast US with half of foot of snow recorded in many spots. The next few days will feature a “Great Lakes snow-making machine” that will be turned on in full force and the result may be several feet of snow in some downstream locations such as Buffalo and Watertown in western New York State. The nationwide cold wave will continue right through the upcoming weekend.

Remember

Science!
Now if only diesel oil runs out. Boy would that be an epic storm. Watch all those Demofascist/Marxist voters freeze to death, because they cant heat their houses.

Record cold temps do refute a theory of 100+ years of planetary warming.

We should have none...
The stupid Marxists(but i repeat myself) has a theory that the warming it gets the colder it gets.....I kid you not..

The cold meanders....A brain of a Marxist meanders...

Now if only diesel oil runs out. Boy would that be an epic storm. Watch all those Demofascist/Marxist voters freeze to death, because they cant heat their houses.

It's gonna be an expensive winter ...much of the northeast depends on heating oil
Especially NYC and Boston
The loft I hada giant natural gas Modine in the kitchen pointed out toward the center space and two "illegal " fire places BUT
Since I was the landlord I had to fill the oil furnace

By law I had to have those pipes banging through out the building...it had 12 Spaces
And I mean banging ...when we'd turn it on for the first time every year....CLANG! CLANG ! CLANG!
LOUD

October

the heat gotta be on ...got pricey during the magic oreos terms ...didn't matter the stupid hipsters were paying through the nose for rent .....but all utilities included
Heat ,Electric ,water,gas

The only way they could control the heat in thier places was by turning the valve on each radiator
They were YUGE

About 4 feet tall 6 feet long

They were original

Building was put up after ww1

Paul Dorian

Overview

Remember

Science!

Buffalo area to get 2 to FOUR FEET of snow.

I repeat

FOUR FEET

How is that even possible? Good gravy

It's the USA
Cities

That's what I was thinking of

It's gonna be an expensive winter ...much of the northeast depends on heating oil
Especially NYC and Boston
The loft I hada giant natural gas Modine in the kitchen pointed out toward the center space and two "illegal " fire places BUT
Since I was the landlord I had to fill the oil furnace

By law I had to have those pipes banging through out the building...it had 12 Spaces
And I mean banging ...when we'd turn it on for the first time every year....CLANG! CLANG ! CLANG!
LOUD

October

the heat gotta be on ...got pricey during the magic oreos terms ...didn't matter the stupid hipsters were paying through the nose for rent .....but all utilities included
Heat ,Electric ,water,gas

The only way they could control the heat in thier places was by turning the valve on each radiator
They were YUGE

About 4 feet tall 6 feet long

They were original

Building was put up after ww1
I was in the Air Force at Hahn AB Germany, we had those types of radiators, and our first sergeant decided that we all needed to paint them during the summer time. When winter hit, and we had to use those heaters, the god off smell almost made everyone in the building pass out. Yeah, my first sergeant must of been a Marxist/Democrat voter..

Paul Dorian

Overview

Remember

Science!
It is going to be 15 degrees here tomorrow morning. Insane.
We usually don't see those temps here till late December at the earliest, but mostly mid January and February.

Forum List

Back