So you don't believe in Climate Change? Neither do these scientists...

What are the results for 400 ppm? ... we're not vaporizing iron with a million ppm, so can we measure the temperature change with 100 ppm difference? ...

If 280 ppm gives us 13ºC ... and 425 ppm gives us 14ºC ... what should we expect 1,000,000 ppm to be? ... think "2.71" ...

I always get a kick out of the links people provide, in the first sentence is most telling very often or most of the time. Hey Blind baby, first sentence..... "the global warming potential of carbon dioxide (CO2) gas in the Earth's atmosphere" Potential, not proven not detected, not noted, but potential. hahahaahahahahahahahahahaha Thanks always for the laugh.
I get a kick out of you for sure. How do we know CO2 is a greenhouse gas?

"what lab experiment can we perform...."

The GW potential of the CO2 molecule is a % of the energy it absorbs from the heat source. In the atmosphere of course the effect is less than the balloons because the molecules release the energy in all directions, including outer space.

Fossil records reveal that atmospheric CO2 levels around 600 million years ago were about 7,000 parts per million, compared with 379 ppm in 2005.
Then approximately 480 million years ago those levels gradually dropped to 4,000 ppm over about 100 million years, while average temperatures remained at a steady 72 degrees. They then jumped rapidly to 4,500 ppm and guess what!
Temperatures dove to an estimated average similar to today, even though the CO2 level was around twelve times higher than now. Yes, as CO2 went up, temperatures plummeted.

If you're looking for correlations, the best is the width of the Atlantic Ocean ... very warm, moist and tropical pole to pole ... Pangaea broke in half, and it's been getting cooler ever since ...

You bring up the Cambrian Explosion as to advocate burning tires? ...

The GW potential of the CO2 molecule is a % of the energy it absorbs from the heat source. In the atmosphere of course the effect is less than the balloons because the molecules release the energy in all directions, including outer space.
Arguing there’s no GHG effect is idiotic. It’s just as dumb as arguing there’s been no warming. The issue isn’t the GHG effect of CO2. The issue is the feedback - which is 2 to 3 times the GHG effect of CO2 - they are attributing to the GHG effect of CO2. They don’t report these numbers separately because they need to blame CO2 and not water vapor which is what they are doing by combining the GHG effect of CO2 with the water vapor feedback they attribute to increased CO2. They are not being transparent because if they were no one would believe them.

So if trees absorb 72 billion tons of Co2 but Co2 emissions are 36.4 billion tons, What is the problem?
Although trees pay a large part in removing CO2 from the atmosphere, it's easy to overemphasise their role. Other plants also play a large part, especially in peat bogs, but what few people seem to realise is that photosynthetic marine organisms such as cyanobacteria, phytoplankton, blue-green algae, seaweed and and sea grass etc absorb more CO2 than all the worlds rainforests. How much this all adds up to in terms of tons of CO2 per year removed from the atmosphere is impossible to estimate, especially as in some cases (wood burning and food consumption, for example) the CO2 is soon given back to the atmosphere, while in peat bogs it is removed for good.

What are the results for 400 ppm?
I give up. What? Day after day, year after year, a degree or so maybe. It still hasn't changed the climate, imo. When it stops the next glaciation cycle we can say we changed the climate, maybe.

Although trees pay a large part in removing CO2 from the atmosphere, it's easy to overemphasise their role. Other plants also play a large part, especially in peat bogs, but what few people seem to realise is that photosynthetic marine organisms such as cyanobacteria, phytoplankton, blue-green algae, seaweed and and sea grass etc absorb more CO2 than all the worlds rainforests. How much this all adds up to in terms of tons of CO2 per year removed from the atmosphere is impossible to estimate, especially as in some cases (wood burning and food consumption, for example) the CO2 is soon given back to the atmosphere, while in peat bogs it is removed for good.

I give up. What? Day after day, year after year, a degree or so maybe. It still hasn't changed the climate, imo. When it stops the next glaciation cycle we can say we changed the climate, maybe.
The way I see it we are 2C below the peak temperature of the previous interglacial cycle. When we get that warm I’ll listen. I’m betting we won’t because climate fluctuations and environmental uncertainty are hallmarks of our bipolar glaciated world. The geologic record is littered with examples of warming and cooling trends that were not caused by CO2 or orbital forcing.

Carbon dioxide molecules absorb quanta of energy ... very specific amounts corresponding to very exact wavelengths of light ...

So I must ask ... why have you not stated this "percentage of the energy"? ... if you don't know this value, how do you know anyone knows? ...

right? it helps cool the planet.

seem to realise is that photosynthetic marine organisms such as cyanobacteria, phytoplankton, blue-green algae, seaweed and and sea grass etc absorb more CO2 than all the worlds rainforests. How much this all adds up to in terms of tons of CO2 per year removed from the atmosphere is impossible to estimate, especially as in some cases (wood burning and food consumption, for example) the CO2 is soon given back to the atmosphere, while in peat bogs it is removed for good.
what evidence do you have to make such a statement?

Carbon dioxide molecules absorb quanta of energy ... very specific amounts corresponding to very exact wavelengths of light ...

So I must ask ... why have you not stated this "percentage of the energy"? ... if you don't know this value, how do you know anyone knows?

The percent of the energy is the energy the molecule reflects back to earth after absorbing it, since it radiates it in all directions......regardless of what wavelength it absorbs (15 μm (micrometers)).

You seem to have a good handle on Co2 emissions so help me understand this:

According to the following link, 36.4 billion tons of Co2 emitted in 2021 .
According to the following link, there are 3.04 trillion trees in the entire world.
According to the following link, 48 lbs of Co2 is absorbed per tree per year.

Total 3 trillion trees absorb 48 lbs of Co2 per tree, or annually 72 billion tons of Co2 BUT the global emissions is 36.4 billion tons .....
So if trees absorb 72 billion tons of Co2 but Co2 emissions are 36.4 billion tons, What is the problem?
not much more for me to say. that sums up some of it for sure.

BlindBoo... Thanks for your link and input and I read the link but still being the simple minded person I am.. If trees absorb 72 billion tons annually of Co2 and the measured emissions is 36.4 billion tons of Co2, isn't 72 billion absorbed MORE than 36.4 billion emitted?

The percent of the energy is the energy the molecule reflects back to earth after absorbing it, since it radiates it in all directions......regardless of what wavelength it absorbs (15 μm (micrometers)).
how much is radiated back to earth if it radiates in every direction?

If trees absorb 72 billion tons....
If is the operable word. There are not 3 trillion mature trees in the world that absorb 48 lbs of carbon. That 48 lbs figure also ignores the fact that most trees emit CO2 at night and in the fall, the leaves decompose and release a significant amount of CO2 back into the atmosphere. You can see the effects in the graphs. The greatest CO2 sink is the Oceans.

For years, the promoters of the spurious “settled science” narrative have claimed that there is a 97-99% consensus among scientists about humans causing climate change.

The claim is meaningless since it fails to address differences in the extent of human involvement and how harmful the warming is thought to be.

A recently published survey of top-level climate scientists found that just over five in 10 attributed the human contribution to recent climate change to be 75% or above.
Only around four in 10 scientists believed that the frequency and severity of extreme weather events had increased significantly in recent years.

So all the hurricanes, drought, i.e. extreme weather according to 60% of "scientists" have increased as people claim i.e. "climate change"!
In fact... hurricanes the history is this:
23 of the top 36 hurricanes occurred in the 20th century.
Many before "climate change" made the MSM attention! Again you have to remember BAD NEWS SELLS ADVERTISINGS!!!
As of March 2022, there have been 1,631 tropical cyclones of at least tropical storm intensity, and 935 of hurricane intensity within the Atlantic Ocean since 1851, the first Atlantic hurricane season to be included in the official Atlantic tropical cyclone record

Is it possible that with the news media now instantaneous, i.e. twitter, texting, etc. from all over the world maybe we are just more aware.
For example how many meteorologists in USA in 2021? There are over 4,874 meteorologists currently employed in the United States.
How many recognized meteorologists were there in 1900? Zero!

View attachment 726370
Doesn't matter. It's too late now.

Not really sure Sir Knight, but the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow is roughly 20.1 miles per hour.
so proving my point yet again, you can't justify additional warmth through CO2!!! Thanks

If is the operable word. There are not 3 trillion mature trees in the world that absorb 48 lbs of carbon. That 48 lbs figure also ignores the fact that most trees emit CO2 at night and in the fall, the leaves decompose and release a significant amount of CO2 back into the atmosphere. You can see the effects in the graphs. The greatest CO2 sink is the Oceans.
the average tree absorbs an average of 10 kilograms, or 22 pounds, of carbon dioxide per year for the first 20 years.
OK so the average tree absorbs 22 pounds or 33,440,000,000 tons.

Or from this source:
During one year, a mature tree will absorb more than 48 pounds of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and release oxygen in exchange.

So let's split the difference? 13 pounds from 48 equals 35 pounds and 13 pounds added to 22 pounds equals 35 lbs.
Or still more at 53,200,000,000 tons of Co2 absorbed. So to totally absorb all 36.4 billion tons of C02 it would have to average 24 lbs per tree per year. Remember this is the average of a according to Arborday, a mature tree will absorb more than 48 pounds/year.
So not all trees are mature we agree. So again let's take half of the 48 pounds or 24 lbs/tree/year.
36,480,000,000 tons absorbed or equal to the emissions.

Forum List

Back