So long US Message Board, I'm out......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last post on this message board. I took about a 3 year break from this place because it's so toxic. It was like being in a forum with a bunch of 10 year olds, ready to pounce and talk shit to every post no matter what the subject matter was. Recently I had surgery on my leg, so I'm confined to the couch for a couple of weeks, so I have a ton of free time to get back online. But damn, I can only take so much negativity, ignorance, and hate. Mass amounts of EXTEME HATE.

I visit 3 other forums, and I'm not sure if you guys visit other forums/message boards, but you should. Other forums you can debate topics and have conversations with people, and it's normal everyday conversation. When I visit this forum, I can ask the most basic question (what's your favorite beer?) and the responses are usually "Fuck you, god damn fucking commie fuck" or "Go fuck your sister and your mom you Trump cock sucker" and "Go suck Biden shit from his asshole" type of responses. Even the clean debate zone if full of this, just madness.

After my 3 year break it was kind of funny to read the stuff on here, but after a week of rejoining this message board, I've come to the realization this place is definitely not for me. Hell no. Not saying I'm "above you" or "better" than the people on here, I'm just saying the people here aren't the type of people I would associate with in real life. I wouldn't talk to people in real life like people do here, seem like 90% of the people on here are keyboard warriors or Monday morning quarterbacks, or angry people who have to talk shit to every single post that pops up.

I know, I know, nobody gives a shit, I certainly don't. I can't clean this place up, and if you tried to clean it up, the people holding this forum back from becoming a respected place will fight it and keep dragging it back down to the toxic place it is. The mods don't care, but then again, this is the type of forum they enjoy and promote. After being on here for a week I've noticed I logged back on ready and excited to talk shit to people, what the hell is this place turning me into? One of you, that's who. So I'm out, I'll keep my talk intelligent and respectable, the same way I talk to people in real life, face to face.

Andy
I take exception to your post. Family attacks are not tolerated on this board.
Your family talks like that, too?

Last post on this message board. I took about a 3 year break from this place because it's so toxic. It was like being in a forum with a bunch of 10 year olds, ready to pounce and talk shit to every post no matter what the subject matter was. Recently I had surgery on my leg, so I'm confined to the couch for a couple of weeks, so I have a ton of free time to get back online. But damn, I can only take so much negativity, ignorance, and hate. Mass amounts of EXTEME HATE.

I visit 3 other forums, and I'm not sure if you guys visit other forums/message boards, but you should. Other forums you can debate topics and have conversations with people, and it's normal everyday conversation. When I visit this forum, I can ask the most basic question (what's your favorite beer?) and the responses are usually "Fuck you, god damn fucking commie fuck" or "Go fuck your sister and your mom you Trump cock sucker" and "Go suck Biden shit from his asshole" type of responses. Even the clean debate zone if full of this, just madness.

After my 3 year break it was kind of funny to read the stuff on here, but after a week of rejoining this message board, I've come to the realization this place is definitely not for me. Hell no. Not saying I'm "above you" or "better" than the people on here, I'm just saying the people here aren't the type of people I would associate with in real life. I wouldn't talk to people in real life like people do here, seem like 90% of the people on here are keyboard warriors or Monday morning quarterbacks, or angry people who have to talk shit to every single post that pops up.

I know, I know, nobody gives a shit, I certainly don't. I can't clean this place up, and if you tried to clean it up, the people holding this forum back from becoming a respected place will fight it and keep dragging it back down to the toxic place it is. The mods don't care, but then again, this is the type of forum they enjoy and promote. After being on here for a week I've noticed I logged back on ready and excited to talk shit to people, what the hell is this place turning me into? One of you, that's who. So I'm out, I'll keep my talk intelligent and respectable, the same way I talk to people in real life, face to face.

Andy
What????

Here's the tldr version-

People say mean things online I don't like and I am too fragile to take it, so I am having one last crybaby sesh before I go
No, some of you guys are utter morons. Not everyone wants to waste their time on it. That's not crying.

Not all of us are utter morons. :(
Of course not, dear.

Don't you mean "Bless your heart?"
Now, hj, I may not come from the south, but I know what that means.

Andy
What????
There was no family attack in there (made by him, anyway) so why else would you object to a family attack in his post? Or did I misunderstand?

I would just like to point out that this was moved from Zone 2 to Zone 1, and anything prior to moving to Zone 1 shouldn't be judged according to Zone 1 standards.

Andy
What????
There was no family attack in there (made by him, anyway) so why else would you object to a family attack in his post? Or did I misunderstand?
Yes, you misunderstood.
He posted this as part of his rant, "Go fuck your sister and your mom you Trump cock sucker", And I said that family attacks are not tolerated.
It wasn't directed at him as a warning, but that we don't tolerate it on the board.

Andy
You think the grass is greener elsewhere? This is the nature of internet discussion boards going back to Listservs 25+ years ago.
A blues listserv starts out ‘Do you think Muddy Waters was the founding father of Chicago blues?’ An hour later ‘Fuck you, racist! You don’t know what it’s like to be black!’
The Washingtonpost.com was completely shut down after a number of libel suits on their discussion board. They originally treated story comments as though they were letters to the editor. People had to register under real ID’s. They later reopened in an anonymous form.
I recently revisited a forum that chased me over here. They’ve gotten so left-wing high-strung that if you comment on COVID and it doesn’t jibe with the current lefty narrative you get censored for ‘misinformation’.
Good luck in your travels.
See you back here real soon!
Same.

Speaking an alternative truth than the one propagated on "official" corporate and government mouthpieces causes folks A LOT of cognitive dissonance, and thus, it is either

A) Not allowed

B) Slandered and ridiculed

C) Relegated to niche areas of the forum where it is not discussed and moderated unfairly

Fair debate and freedom of speech comes with a high price, both emotionally, and with lots of work for administration and moderators. We have the best team on the web.

I also compliment the membership for being able to expose themselves to differing POV in the rough world of an actual free exchange of ideas, even if they don't change their POV. . . it is a though row to hoe.

I have looked at other forums. . .

Echo Chambers. . . all of them.

Andy
Dang Andy Karen sorry we disappointed you.

I found another place to go if I want a real conversation on an issue without the juvie chorus hollering in my ear. But there's some funny characters here I enjoy, and a few who actually know what they're talking about. And like Gracie said, it takes a long time to figure out a new board.

During the three months that I wore my invisibility cloak, I decompressed quite a bit. Yesterday in a necroed thread I couldn't believe what I wrote in a post last May. OP is right--this place does encourage whatever hostility lurks in your soul. So I'm glad I scraped y'all off my shoe for awhile.

Those of you disappointed I'm back, tough noogies, as we say in Zone 1.

Andy
Are you sure the Clean Debate Zone is that bad? I used the term Orange One on it once and got booted (thread closed). But your right..ask a simple question and before you know it you get nothing but nonsensical replies saturated with vulgar insults.

That's just fucking stupid merry-go-round, gluten sucking bullshit candy cane motherfucker!
I forgot to add..once elementary schools start opening up again we will see a drop off from posters like you. going back to school should give you something else to do..

Andy
Are you sure the Clean Debate Zone is that bad? I used the term Orange One on it once and got booted (thread closed). But your right..ask a simple question and before you know it you get nothing but nonsensical replies saturated with vulgar insults.

That's just fucking stupid merry-go-round, gluten sucking bullshit candy cane motherfucker!
I forgot to add..once elementary schools start opening up again we will see a drop off from posters like you. going back to school should give you something else to do..

Elementary schools?

???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back