So long US Message Board, I'm out......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last post on this message board. I took about a 3 year break from this place because it's so toxic. It was like being in a forum with a bunch of 10 year olds, ready to pounce and talk shit to every post no matter what the subject matter was. Recently I had surgery on my leg, so I'm confined to the couch for a couple of weeks, so I have a ton of free time to get back online. But damn, I can only take so much negativity, ignorance, and hate. Mass amounts of EXTEME HATE.

I visit 3 other forums, and I'm not sure if you guys visit other forums/message boards, but you should. Other forums you can debate topics and have conversations with people, and it's normal everyday conversation. When I visit this forum, I can ask the most basic question (what's your favorite beer?) and the responses are usually "Fuck you, god damn fucking commie fuck" or "Go fuck your sister and your mom you Trump cock sucker" and "Go suck Biden shit from his asshole" type of responses. Even the clean debate zone if full of this, just madness.

After my 3 year break it was kind of funny to read the stuff on here, but after a week of rejoining this message board, I've come to the realization this place is definitely not for me. Hell no. Not saying I'm "above you" or "better" than the people on here, I'm just saying the people here aren't the type of people I would associate with in real life. I wouldn't talk to people in real life like people do here, seem like 90% of the people on here are keyboard warriors or Monday morning quarterbacks, or angry people who have to talk shit to every single post that pops up.

I know, I know, nobody gives a shit, I certainly don't. I can't clean this place up, and if you tried to clean it up, the people holding this forum back from becoming a respected place will fight it and keep dragging it back down to the toxic place it is. The mods don't care, but then again, this is the type of forum they enjoy and promote. After being on here for a week I've noticed I logged back on ready and excited to talk shit to people, what the hell is this place turning me into? One of you, that's who. So I'm out, I'll keep my talk intelligent and respectable, the same way I talk to people in real life, face to face.

Andy

external-content.duckduckgo.jpg

Last post on this message board. I took about a 3 year break from this place because it's so toxic. It was like being in a forum with a bunch of 10 year olds, ready to pounce and talk shit to every post no matter what the subject matter was. Recently I had surgery on my leg, so I'm confined to the couch for a couple of weeks, so I have a ton of free time to get back online. But damn, I can only take so much negativity, ignorance, and hate. Mass amounts of EXTEME HATE.

I visit 3 other forums, and I'm not sure if you guys visit other forums/message boards, but you should. Other forums you can debate topics and have conversations with people, and it's normal everyday conversation. When I visit this forum, I can ask the most basic question (what's your favorite beer?) and the responses are usually "Fuck you, god damn fucking commie fuck" or "Go fuck your sister and your mom you Trump cock sucker" and "Go suck Biden shit from his asshole" type of responses. Even the clean debate zone if full of this, just madness.

After my 3 year break it was kind of funny to read the stuff on here, but after a week of rejoining this message board, I've come to the realization this place is definitely not for me. Hell no. Not saying I'm "above you" or "better" than the people on here, I'm just saying the people here aren't the type of people I would associate with in real life. I wouldn't talk to people in real life like people do here, seem like 90% of the people on here are keyboard warriors or Monday morning quarterbacks, or angry people who have to talk shit to every single post that pops up.

I know, I know, nobody gives a shit, I certainly don't. I can't clean this place up, and if you tried to clean it up, the people holding this forum back from becoming a respected place will fight it and keep dragging it back down to the toxic place it is. The mods don't care, but then again, this is the type of forum they enjoy and promote. After being on here for a week I've noticed I logged back on ready and excited to talk shit to people, what the hell is this place turning me into? One of you, that's who. So I'm out, I'll keep my talk intelligent and respectable, the same way I talk to people in real life, face to face.

Andy
I agree in substance, but this forum does represent the mentality of a growing number of Americans.

P.S. What other sites do you recommend?
He can't tell you. Its against the rules to promote other boards. Parler, GAB, Twitter don't count because they are not considered message boards.

He can PM it.

(and I hope I get a copy)

Andy

Heard that. I took off a few months recently, only came back after the DumpRump election, and I'm prolly outta here right behind ya for the same reasons.

I do have to say though, that "Fuck you, god damn fucking commie fuck" is my favorite beer, followed by "Guinness".

No, some of you guys are utter morons. Not everyone wants to waste their time on it. That's not crying.

Nah..when someone makes a "this is my last post" thread about how they are leaving because their feelings were hurt due to some folks saying some mean things to them online.. that is crybaby bullshit to the T.

If it wasn't wanting to have one last cry before departing.. Ol' Andy here would have just left.

No need for the whiny post beforehand.

No, some of you guys are utter morons. Not everyone wants to waste their time on it. That's not crying.

Nah..when someone makes a "this is my last post" thread about how they are leaving because their feelings were hurt due to some folks saying some mean things to them online.. that is crybaby bullshit to the T.

If it wasn't wanting to have one last cry before departing.. Ol' Andy here would have just left.

Clueless.

He made the point that the environment is toxic, and he's right. You yourself just demonstrated it.

Andy
I take exception to your post. Family attacks are not tolerated on this board.

Andy
I take exception to your post. Family attacks are not tolerated on this board.
Neither is the truth

Andy
You think the grass is greener elsewhere? This is the nature of internet discussion boards going back to Listservs 25+ years ago.
A blues listserv starts out ‘Do you think Muddy Waters was the founding father of Chicago blues?’ An hour later ‘Fuck you, racist! You don’t know what it’s like to be black!’
The Washingtonpost.com was completely shut down after a number of libel suits on their discussion board. They originally treated story comments as though they were letters to the editor. People had to register under real ID’s. They later reopened in an anonymous form.
I recently revisited a forum that chased me over here. They’ve gotten so left-wing high-strung that if you comment on COVID and it doesn’t jibe with the current lefty narrative you get censored for ‘misinformation’.
Good luck in your travels.
See you back here real soon!

Andy
You think the grass is greener elsewhere? This is the nature of internet discussion boards going back to Listservs 25+ years ago.
A blues listserv starts out ‘Do you think Muddy Waters was the founding father of Chicago blues?’ An hour later ‘Fuck you, racist! You don’t know what it’s like to be black!’
The Washingtonpost.com was completely shut down after a number of libel suits on their discussion board. They originally treated story comments as though they were letters to the editor. People had to register under real ID’s. They later reopened in an anonymous form.
I recently revisited a forum that chased me over here. They’ve gotten so left-wing high-strung that if you comment on COVID and it doesn’t jibe with the current lefty narrative you get censored for ‘misinformation’.
Good luck in your travels.
See you back here real soon!
LOL anyone can say what they want as long as it's deemed proper. Is the grass greener somewhere else? Not anywhere in the communist states of America it's not

Clueless.

He made the point that the environment is toxic, and he's right. You yourself just demonstrated it.
Many have been pretty rude in here. Dude wanted to stay, regardless of how long he has been here or the number of posts he had. He was not aiming his swan song at any particular party, either. Just humanity in general, which is sorely lacking lately from the whole world.
And it wasn't a whine. It was explaining WHY he feels this is not the place for him. I can relate in many ways. But there ARE other forums here. Just distance yourself from the more volatile ones and focus on the more friendly ones and chat with friends made here..regardless of party affiliation. At least, that is what I am trying to do myself. Being online is supposed to be entertaining..not being covered in poo by a bunch of strangers who enjoy colliseum type deaths.

With that said....there are many other boards, but then ya gotta get to know folks all over again, figure out who to avoid and who to get closer to share niceties or argue but not so badly it gets gross, know which mods are more fair vs which have bias, etc etc etc. And worse...being banned or kicked out for some reason. USMB so far is the best place. Just use the ignore function. Reading threads is much more pleasant.

And now..its nap time. Tired, achey and colder than a witches tit here. :sleep:

Andy
Try out Stormfront for a gentler, kinder crowd.....................and LIKK MEE !

Andy

Heard that. I took off a few months recently, only came back after the DumpRump election, and I'm prolly outta here right behind ya for the same reasons.

I do have to say though, that "Fuck you, god damn fucking commie fuck" is my favorite beer, followed by "Guinness".
You ain't left yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back