So Joe... what is the "fair share"???

You are still talking about the federal income tax for crying out loud, brainwashed functional moron. The payroll tax is just as big a deal as federal income tax these days. And every time the Republicans cut taxes nationally, state and local taxes go up to make up for lack of federal aid. State and local taxes that kill regular people. Google the only tax graph you need to know and stop being a Chump, super dupe.
Gotta link to your data francoHFW

And without Social Security

IF you invested $ 2,000 a $20,000 income (doubtful) that $150K would run out in 12 years.

FIguring inflatin...you had little to start with and NOTHING after that
Galveston County Texas proves you are full of shit. They opted out of SS and their retirees are far better off than if they were on SS.

So it looks like SS is a good investment

I have an even better investment, a Civil Service Pension
A good investment?

You can contribute for 50 years, and if you die the day before you start collecting you get zippo.

Some investment.

And without Social Security

IF you invested $ 2,000 a $20,000 income (doubtful) that $150K would run out in 12 years.

FIguring inflatin...you had little to start with and NOTHING after that
You really think a one time deposit is investing?

No wonder you're so broke you need SS

100 a month for 45 years conservative ROR of 8% is 484000

For every 150K you have earning 5% ( extremely conservative) you will get 1000 a month in income for 20 years.

That 484K will give you 3220 a month for 20 years

Better than SS

If you put the 12.4% ( The same as FICA) of your lifetime income into the same formula even a person who made 30K a year would retire with 1.5 million

You really think a one time deposit is investing?

No wonder you're so broke you need SS

100 a month for 45 years conservative ROR of 8% is 484000

For every 150K you have earning 5% ( extremely conservative) you will get 1000 a month in income for 20 years.

That 484K will give you 3220 a month for 20 years

Better than SS

If you put the 12.4% ( The same as FICA) of your lifetime income into the same formula even a person who made 30K a year would retire with 1.5 million
see, the demofks don't get it. SS pays out even if what you paid in is gone. Therefore, people living outside of their payback is stressing that system and why it is failing. If I would have invested the money I paid in on my own, my financial advisors would invest in much better long term investments and actually make me more money. Again, a demofk is only as smart as the poop he/she flushes

rightwinger
Yes its a good investment that will never stop cause everyone pays into SS.
that isn't so. people are living twenty years past the expected SS payout. And, demofks aren't working and not enough money is being added back in. money is disappearing rapidly. You and I most probably won't get our money back.

Biden to big corporations and the ultra-wealthy: ‘Pay your fair share’

View attachment 540477
From the above table as found in the following link:
Top 10% of Income taxpayers paid 70.1%
While...61% of Americans paid no federal income taxes in 2020, Tax Policy Center says

So Biden... what is a "FAIR SHARE"???
The top 10% paid $1.122 Trillion of the total $1.601 Trillion paid... 70.1% or a taxable rate of 21.5%
Biden supporters what would be a FAIR share...???

When the top two tax brackets are restored which were cut by the Trump Administration and more brackets are added:

We all agree that the national debt is in the Trillions of Dollars. The top earners have the most to lose if and when the economy collapses. I'm in the top 10%, and the 90% of the tax payers are consumers who spend their income on Main St.

Think about this, when Main St. folds our entire economy collapses as we have all seen during the Pandemic.

When the top two tax brackets are restored which were cut by the Trump Administration and more brackets are added:

We all agree that the national debt is in the Trillions of Dollars. The top earners have the most to lose if and when the economy collapses. I'm in the top 10%, and the 90% of the tax payers are consumers who spend their income on Main St.

Think about this, when Main St. folds our entire economy collapses as we have all seen during the Pandemic.
Trump’s tax cuts were across the board.

Any tax code that does not have a maximum individual tax payment is unfair. The Federal Government is authorized to tax incomes in order to fund its legitimate functions - See Article I, Section 8. Everything else is theft from the taxpayers.

SS is, like it or not, funded and permitted (by the USSC) as a "Trust Fund," separate from general revenues. Same for Medicare. They are not funded by FIT. Only payroll taxes.

Forum List

Back