Should Trump go to jail for mishandling classified information?

You set rules in 2016. You trashed the Constitution and the Office you pretend to respect. You corrupted our electoral system and made a mockery of the peaceful transfer of power that has sustained us for two and a half centuries - in four years only, you ripped to shreds. You envision a second term for your Christ-figure president that is full of vengeance for every perceived slight and transgression. You make the concept of cooperation and bipartisanship into appeasing tbe enemy. You call us “the enemy of America” … because we don’t agree with your vision and support the democratic process we have used to resolve our political differences for 250 years.

And now, when that system no longer suits you, you want to resort to violence, terrorism and authoritarianism and call it “our game”. Done with that. Own your own. I haven’t given on either our country or the Democratic process.
:clap2:

It depends on intent and what comes out of the investigation.

I would want why he kept them and what he intended to do with them.
From what we know NOW, Trump has more than crossed that line.
When the National Archives took back 15 boxes, Trump could have plead ignornace like Hillary, and been treated the same way.
When they sent him a subpoena, and Trumps lawyers responded they searched all of Mar-a-lago for documents marked classified, and said there were none, that was time to start throwing the lawyers in jail.
But after the FBI raid, and we got to see how Trump removed the documents from the locked storage room, and put them into unlocked desk drawers, that is enough to show intentional disregard and intent.

Bullshit.

You set rules in 2016. You trashed the Constitution and the Office you pretend to respect. You corrupted our electoral system and made a mockery of the peaceful transfer of power that has sustained us for two and a half centuries - in four years only, you ripped to shreds. You envision a second term for your Christ-figure president that is full of vengeance for every perceived slight and transgression. You make the concept of cooperation and bipartisanship into appeasing tbe enemy. You call us “the enemy of America” … because we don’t agree with your vision and support the democratic process we have used to resolve our political differences for 250 years.

And now, when that system no longer suits you, you want to resort to violence, terrorism and authoritarianism and call it “our game”. Done with that. Own your own. I haven’t given on either our country or the Democratic process.

What are you on about now? What happened in 2016? Trump won and it hurt your feelings? What?

You're projecting a lot. I wasn't even in favor of Trump for 2024, I wanted DeSantis. Look through my post history for confirmation. Then the corrupt FBI/DOJ came in and I'm right back in Trump's corner for NO OTHER REASON than to send the unelected, unaccountable bureaucracy a message.

THAT is why the "system doesn't suit". It was NEVER meant to be run by bureaucrats. But you love that, don't you? As long as the jackboots run over your enemies, fine by you.

So the folders were empty? I see cover sheets in the released picture, can't tell if they are actually covering anything. But if so called folders were empty to hide what ever was inside why not dispose of the tell tale cover sheets? Seems odd. And I worked in Communications Security in a facility that had open storage of TS material.

They were NOT "TOP secret"!!

ALL government documents have "Secret" coversheets on them!! Like, DUH!!

ALL government paperwork must always have a cover sheet on it. And "TOP SECRET" documents have a DIFFERENT coversheet on them. AND.........anything "TOP SECRET" is never allowed outside of the security vaults they are stored in (NOT in the White House) and are NEVER allowed to leave the vaults unless they have been redacted!!

WHY don't you people EVER bother with learning ANYTHING about the US government????!!!!
How to show us that you know nothing about how classified material is treated WITHOUT telling us that you know nothing about how classified material is treated.

Sad.

Oh all Trump. Not the Demented Basement Dummy though. No, not him.

But it's well beyond that. How much do Americans trust the media? The FBI? The CDC? The NIH? ANY of our institutions?

Half of the nation--not at all.
Correct. Biden does not stir up a violent base he actually says what presidents should say which is to condemn violence and promote unity

From what we know NOW, Trump has more than crossed that line.
When the National Archives took back 15 boxes, Trump could have plead ignornace like Hillary, and been treated the same way.
When they sent him a subpoena, and Trumps lawyers responded they searched all of Mar-a-lago for documents marked classified, and said there were none, that was time to start throwing the lawyers in jail.
But after the FBI raid, and we got to see how Trump removed the documents from the locked storage room, and put them into unlocked desk drawers, that is enough to show intentional disregard and intent.
I would like no why. Not intentional disregard but WHY he took them, WHAT he intended with them, AND who else may have been access to them.

Forum List

Back