The ex-President's message to his supporters.

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
The guy who took an oath to protect the Constitution, which says that the president shall "take care that the laws be faithfully executed," said if you break the law by brutally attacking law enforcement officers to block the peaceful transfer of power in order to install me as prez, I will strongly consider pardoning you. (translation; you'll be pardoned)

It's not the first time he has suggested that he will pardon someone if they violate the law.

As we know, he used the pardon power as a reward to at least one convicted criminal who possessed information that could have been used in a criminal trial against Trump.

And made it known by way of public statements that he would reward other indicted members of his inner circle that their refusal to cooperate with investigations would be rewarded with a pardon if convicted.

Trump’s Lawyer Raised Prospect of Pardons for Flynn and Manafort

This guy...

............would be pardoned.

To the Proud Boys, the Oath Keepers, to any extremists out there, that's music to their ears. If you commit crimes in the name of Trump you stand a good chance of being given a get out of jail free card.

Welcome to Trumpworld. The Purge (2013) - IMDb

Last edited:
1662212040216.png

Um, I hate to point out the obvious, but it is abhorrent for a presumed candidate for POTUS to be openly asserting he will pardon violent criminals because they support him.

No, it's really not.

He said he would consider pardons if elected. That's a pretty clear, simple statement.

That said, I don't think he's the presumptive candidate at all...

No, it's really not.

He said he would consider pardons if elected. That's a pretty clear, simple statement.

That said, I don't think he's the presumptive candidate at all...
It's not abhorrent for a prez to pardon convicted criminals who beat police officers because those criminals were doing what the prez wanted them to do?

It's not abhorrent for a prez to pardon convicted criminals who beat police officers because those criminals were doing what the prez wanted them to do?

No, it's not.

I don't have to agree with it, but it would be well within his rights...

The guy who took an oath to protect the Constitution, which says that the president shall "take care that the laws be faithfully executed," said if you break the law by brutally attacking law enforcement officers to block the peaceful transfer of power in order to install me as prez, I will strongly consider pardoning you. (translation; you'll be pardoned)

It's not the first time he has suggested that he will pardon someone if they violate the law.

As we know, he used the pardon power as a reward to at least one convicted criminal who possessed information that could have been used in a criminal trial against Trump.

And made it known by way of public statements that he would reward other indicted members of his inner circle that their refusal to cooperate with investigations would be rewarded with a pardon if convicted.

Trump’s Lawyer Raised Prospect of Pardons for Flynn and Manafort

This guy...

............would be pardoned.

To the Proud Boys, the Oath Keepers, to any extremists out there, that's music to their ears. If you commit crimes in the name of Trump you stand a good chance of being given a get out of jail free card.

Welcome to Trumpworld. The Purge (2013) - IMDb
Leave us alone. Kill yourselves.

No, it's not.

I don't have to agree with it, but it would be well within his rights...
I didn't say he doesn't have the authority to do it. But can you see what a horrible, dangerous message it sends to say he would pardon these violent criminals? Not only for that act but what for what it implies about what he might do if more people commit crimes in support of him.

Thank you. If only you too knew the truth.
Washington (CNN)Former President Donald Trump said Thursday he will "very, very seriously" consider full pardons for the rioters who breached the US Capitol on January 6, 2021, if he runs for reelection and wins.
"I will tell you, I will look very, very favorably about full pardons. If I decide to run and if I win, I will be looking very, very strongly about pardons. Full pardons," Trump said on Wendy Bell Radio Thursday, adding: "We'll be looking very, very seriously at full pardons because we can't let that happen. ... And I mean full pardons with an apology to many."

He wants violent, convicted criminals to receive apologies.

Washington (CNN)Former President Donald Trump said Thursday he will "very, very seriously" consider full pardons for the rioters who breached the US Capitol on January 6, 2021, if he runs for reelection and wins.
"I will tell you, I will look very, very favorably about full pardons. If I decide to run and if I win, I will be looking very, very strongly about pardons. Full pardons," Trump said on Wendy Bell Radio Thursday, adding: "We'll be looking very, very seriously at full pardons because we can't let that happen. ... And I mean full pardons with an apology to many."

He wants violent, convicted criminals to receive apologies.
How many rioters in D controlled cities faced legal consequences during the Summer of George? I seem to recall prosecutors not charging these people. Did Joe support them or criticize them?

Forum List

Back