Should Trump go to jail for mishandling classified information?

Trump says he should……

In my administration, I'm going to enforce all laws concerning the protection of classified information. No one will be above the law."

"One of the first things we must do is to enforce all classification rules and to enforce all laws relating to the handling of classified information," he said in September 2016.
Speaking in July of that year, Trump said Clinton's mishandling "disqualifies" her from public service.

"Any government employee who engaged in this kind of behavior would be barred from handling classified information," Trump said. "Again, that alone disqualifies her
It depends on intent and what comes out of the investigation.

I would want why he kept them and what he intended to do with them.

This.

Stop making a play at it and do it already
Why?

Part of the problem is the DoJ has been pushed into making a lot more public then is ever done at this stage in an investigation. Normally all this is not made public because charges may or may not ever be brought. The confidentiality of it it not only protects the sources but tbe target of the investigation should they find no wrong doing.

But what really coming out here is that a lot of people seem to believe an an unlimited and unconstrained executive power for this particular president, without consequences and above any laws…even after leaving office.

No charges should be filed without a solid case, and it might be retrieving all the documents *might* be enough…depending on what his intentions were with them.

I am just astounded that all our former national security hawks go e silent.

Le guillotine! Le guillotine!

guillatene-behead.gif

Why?

Part of the problem is the DoJ has been pushed into making a lot more public then is ever done at this stage in an investigation. Normally all this is not made public because charges may or may not ever be brought. The confidentiality of it it not only protects the sources but tbe target of the investigation should they find no wrong doing.

But what really coming out here is that a lot of people seem to believe an an unlimited and unconstrained executive power for this particular president, without consequences and above any laws…even after leaving office.

No charges should be filed without a solid case, and it might be retrieving all the documents *might* be enough…depending on what his intentions were with them.

I am just astounded that all our former national security hawks go e silent.

You realize the FBI spied on Trump before he even took office.

This country is done. You don't care as long as your side has power. Some of us do.

You realize the FBI spied on Trump before he even took office.

This country is done. You don't care as long as your side has power. Some of us do.
Not you.

No one spied on Trump, they had warrant to spy on a former campaign official but it clearly excuses everything Trump does.

Not you, when your side supports or excuses violently overthrowing an election because you lost. Not when you feel one man is above the law and free to trash rules, laws and norms because…well because he is Trump.

You don’t care. You just want to stay in power.

It depends on intent and what comes out of the investigation.

I would want why he kept them and what he intended to do with them.
Did he intend to illegally store TOP Secret Documents?
It comes down to, he did

Can Trump claim he had no idea the Documents were in the same drawer with his personal effects?

Fact is, Trump admits he had the documents and knew about it

Not you.

No one spied on Trump, they had warrant to spy on a former campaign official but it clearly excuses everything Trump does.

Not you, when your side supports or excuses violently overthrowing an election because you lost. Not when you feel one man is above the law and free to trash rules, laws and norms because…well because he is Trump.

You don’t care. You just want to stay in power.

Don't tell me about norms and laws. You trashed them a long time ago and now want to invoke them when--and ONLY when--they benefit YOUR power.

We're done with that. Your game now. Your rules.

You will hate it.

Did he intend to illegally store TOP Secret Documents?
It comes down to, he did

Can Trump claim he had no idea the Documents were in the same drawer with his personal effects?

Fact is, Trump admits he had the documents and knew about it
There is a lot that is damning, but I want to see the results of a proper investigation and an accounting of every document. It is a national security nightmare and there needs consequences.

yes he should and really are you old men gonna get off the net and hit the streets...watch out for the revelers...i will be dancing dancing in the streets

There is a lot that is damning, but I want to see the results of a proper investigation and an accounting of every document. It is a national security nightmare and there needs consequences.

Oh right. Like Hillary got.

I really do not think you understand how very, very done with this we are.

Where are the papers Herr Drumpf? That’s the question he’ll have to answer. A shrug of the shoulders won’t do.
Nobody around here knows and making up excuses is the norm for the Trump crew in denial.

"Two thoughts," said Weissman. "So first thought, really revolves around those empty folders. Ever since we learned that there was a search warrant and learned that there were classified documents, what was in the back of everyone's mind was the fear that these didn't all stay at Mar-a-Lago, and was there any dissemination. That is the reason why government documents are supposed to stay with the government, classified documents are supposed to stay in a SCIF and top secret documents, more than that, are highly restricted in terms of who has access. And that is because of the concern that they get into the wrong hands."

"And when you see how many folders were empty, that is the thing that causes you to take a deep breath and really be concerned about what happened to them," continued Weissman. "It is very reason for this investigation and for the Department of Justice to be taking these actions. And the second thing that crossed my mind is we have learned a lot about Mar-a-Lago, that that is not the only place that the former president has a residence. And although he was given a grand jury subpoena that called for him to produce documents wherever located, that was not — we know that was not complied with."

"So the second thing in my head is, what steps are being taken to make sure that the government has scooped up everything, especially given the concern about these getting into the wrong hands?" Weissman added. "You can be sure that our adversaries are looking at this and having a field day, and figuring out how they might be able, if they haven't already, gained access to these documents."

yes he should and really are you old men gonna get off the net and hit the streets...watch out for the revelers...i will be dancing dancing in the streets

Think about something.

What % of truck drivers voted for Trump?

People who, say, make planes fly? Run the power grid? Maintain the sewers? Etc.

Have fun dancing.

Slade3200

This is what I mean.

You can't have a nation with this. There is no reconciliation. None.
You’re reacting to online trolls not real life. Some are taking it to extremes in real life. We saw that on Jan 6 at the capital and during the race riots the previous summer. Those extremists have always existed and will always exist. We need saner minds setting better examples as leaders. Not feeding into the same tactics. That’s truly the danger of Trump. He riles up the lunatics

You’re reacting to online trolls not real life. Some are taking it to extremes in real life. We saw that on Jan 6 at the capital and during the race riots the previous summer. Those extremists have always existed and will always exists. We need saner minds setting better examples as leaders. Not feeding into the same tactics. That’s truly the danger of Trump. He riles up the lunatics

Oh all Trump. Not the Demented Basement Dummy though. No, not him.

But it's well beyond that. How much do Americans trust the media? The FBI? The CDC? The NIH? ANY of our institutions?

Half of the nation--not at all.

Don't tell me about norms and laws. You trashed them a long time ago and now want to invoke them when--and ONLY when--they benefit YOUR power.

We're done with that. Your game now. Your rules.

You will hate it.
Bullshit.

You set rules in 2016. You trashed the Constitution and the Office you pretend to respect. You corrupted our electoral system and made a mockery of the peaceful transfer of power that has sustained us for two and a half centuries - in four years only, you ripped to shreds. You envision a second term for your Christ-figure president that is full of vengeance for every perceived slight and transgression. You make the concept of cooperation and bipartisanship into appeasing tbe enemy. You call us “the enemy of America” … because we don’t agree with your vision and support the democratic process we have used to resolve our political differences for 250 years.

And now, when that system no longer suits you, you want to resort to violence, terrorism and authoritarianism and call it “our game”. Done with that. Own your own. I haven’t given up on either our country or the Democratic process.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back